Drew Willy

SmokinBlue

Honestly he's a good QB but he shoudl of been pulled at least half way through the 3rd quarter. Over half of the sacks he took were 100% on himself, sometimes he panick for noreason when no defender was anywhere near, him this would then cauuse him to run right into a guy for nor freaking reason. Other times he could of easily bought hismelf more time if he had better awareness. Honestly the the o-line actually plyaed pretty darn good but Drew Willy did his best to make them look like crap by continually running into guys for nor freaking reason. Also, that interception he trough that turned the tied of the entire game, simply inexcusable, no pressure at him at all and he just made the stupidest decision ever. He should be embarrassed with himself but likely he's not, hel'll just use the o-line as scape goat like he always does. Even that he's the one who played like complete crap. Marve should of been in by mid point of the 3rd quarter.

Anybody who disagrees, I don't even want to see your post, you're cluless and need to buy some glasses.

Thanks

Bye.

p.s. Etcheverry is a complete moron and hsould be fired ASAP.

p.p.s. Shame on O'shea for taking this long to get rid of Grigsby and play Cotton, that right there is terrible and idiotic coaching. Any running back that gets tackled by 1 arm as much as Grigsby is an embarrassment to the sport of football. ANy coach that keeps playing him ahead of a guy like Cotton who is so sound fundamentally that it's is incredible, should be embarrassed with himself.

p.p.p.s Shame on BelleFool for not giving Cotton the ball more, should of been an easy choice with how badly Willy was playing. So much pancking for no reason, incredibly pathetic.

Yeah, I hate to see it, but he was looking almost exactly like old Buck Pierce this last game, and that's nuts.  I could maybe partially excuse some of those bad sacks last year because Gary Crowton was garbage in how he ran this O, but this one should not have had that many sacks taken at all.  Willy is gonna need to be under a shorter leash at least to a point where he decides to get that ball out quicker instead of taking those unnecessary sacks.

Anybody who disagrees, I don't even want to see your post, you're cluless and need to buy some glasses.

I agree with most of what you say, but this is a forum not an echo chamber.

Yup. While willy was at fault for not just throwing the damn ball at times, dont ever try to stop discussion on a forum, makes you and your posts foolish..

Sorry for the bad grammer I typed myu crap as fast as possible, but jeez Willy was TERRIBle tonight. At times it was like Willy wanted to protect his completion percentage by taking a sack.

You know that's the first good argument I heard about that. That could very well be why he didn't throw the hail mary pass at the end, figured no one would catch it, and didn't want a 'third' interception, so lets just take a sack.

I agree - I don't want to see him throw another interception or incomplete pass for the rest of the season - don't want his 'stats' ruined lol. So I say - start Marve, with Philpot (or whatever his name is) as the backup. Willy can sit upstairs with MB. 

Sorry for the bad grammer I typed myu crap as fast as possible, but jeez Willy was TERRIBle tonight and sad partyis some stupid trolls like 17to85 will still defend his performance. At times it was like Willy wanted to protect his completion percentage by taking a sack.

You know that's the first good argument I heard about that. That could very well be why he didn't throw the hail mary pass at the end, figured no one would catch it, and didn't want a 'third' interception, so lets just take a sack.

I agree - I don't want to see him throw another interception or incomplete pass for the rest of the season - don't want his 'stats' ruined lol. So I say - start Marve, with Philpot (or whatever his name is) as the backup. Willy can sit upstairs with MB. 

You don't even know the name of qb#3 & you want to play him?? LOL! Clueless. 

It's just so frustrating to see our o-line take such a beating(by the fans) when our QB is responsible for over 50% of the sacks they get credit for causing.Additionally our offensive coordinator causes our o-lien too look 100times more terrible than it is.

Our runningback btw had 8.19 average yards per carry and 2 catches for 25 yards, but only ran the ball 16 times. Sheer lunacy.

Sorry for the bad grammer I typed myu crap as fast as possible, but jeez Willy was TERRIBle tonight and sad partyis some stupid trolls like 17to85 will still defend his performance. At times it was like Willy wanted to protect his completion percentage by taking a sack.

Hell with Marve, I want to see what Philpot has to offer. 

Hell with Marve, I want to see what Philpot has to offer. 

I thought Philpot was a running back. Cory, right? He's a quarterback now?? ;) Hey speaking of qbs, that Russel Stinson guy in Seattle is pretty good. 

Drew Willy said in the post game press conference that he realized during the game that he was not progressing to his 2nd and 3rd reads and this contributed to the sack total.

Wow. That'll do it everytime when you only look to your first read. I wonder why he stopped progressing to the other reads?

Free Press article

"With the 10 quarterback kills, the Bombers set a franchise record for sacks allowed in a season, at 70 and counting. The old record was 67."

wow. 

explanations given at morningbigblue….

bad line, indecisive, inaccurate, injured, shell shocked quarterback, poor play calling, receivers not open, wrong decision Grigsby / Cotton.

or, it's the defence. It's Etche's fault. Cause we can't stop the run. or something.

I for one, do not understand the current by the book thinking that "you can't pull the starting qb"

everyone knows all of the examples of having two quarterbacks, and sitting one at least for a while during a game. 

Clements /Huffnagle. worked out OK.  Why can't we do that?

This is one of the more puzzling things about the way the team is coached.

Bob said the head coach was mulling doing that, putting in Marve.

I would like to hear him say why he didn't. What was the thinking?

He is running out of next times. There is nothing that says you can't pull a starter for a series or two. It a) provides a change up for a defence to adjust to, B) provides the starter to settle himself if need be C) always the QB to see things develop from the sidelines and D) allows the coaching staff to communicate with him. Ain't that tough MOS

Free Press article

"With the 10 quarterback kills, the Bombers set a franchise record for sacks allowed in a season, at 70 and counting. The old record was 67."

wow. 

explanations given at morningbigblue….

bad line, indecisive, inaccurate, injured, shell shocked quarterback, poor play calling, receivers not open, wrong decision Grigsby / Cotton.

or, it's the defence. It's Etche's fault. Cause we can't stop the run. or something.

I for one, do not understand the current by the book thinking that "you can't pull the starting qb"

everyone knows all of the examples of having two quarterbacks, and sitting one at least for a while during a game. 

Clements /Huffnagle. worked out OK.  Why can't we do that?

This is one of the more puzzling things about the way the team is coached.

Bob said the head coach was mulling doing that, putting in Marve.

I would like to hear him say why he didn't. What was the thinking?

Completely agree with this. We needed a change of pace with the offence, needed to put in Marve and change things up. Willy had a bad game, he admitted it on the radio last night, and he needed to take a seat. I get that it might have been tough on his confidence to do that, but how hard was it on him to get pounded into the turf over and over again??

One of the key words is "stubborn". MOS seems to have it in abundance. How he could not see that Willy was holding on to the ball too long and causing sacks, and not throwing it away when he had to, is beyond me. How he could not think that putting Marve in for even a series or two would not possibly be a good thing is also beyond me. I can only chalk it up to being stubborn. He refused to replace Grigsby with Cotton until the end of the year. He refused to see how slow and useless and replace Kuale until he got injured. It just seems like no one could actually tell him anything negative where he would make a change.

How long did it take him to try any meaningful change on the Oline? How long did guys who they thought had talent sit on the PR and then be cut? I seriously think some of these coaches can't recognize talent properly, if they think Kuale, and Grigsby and a few others are good enough. I don't put everything on Willy, whoever our illustrious QB coach is, has to go. Willy has been staring down his first read all year. He throws 20 or 30 yard passes when a 7 or 8 yard pass is what is needed. He has been doing that consistently. a QB coach should be able to coach him out of that penchant for always going for the long pass.

That attempt at a 2 point conversion, is the exact same play they have run every time they tried for two points, and has never once worked. Who's fault is that? play calling or Willy himself?

So much more to say...sore fingers  :)

I think Willy is more then capable... he just needs a better o line and a much better o-coordinator.     This offense works whenever they used some creativity and when they mixed it up....  

I for one will not blame Willy at all for any of the downward trend of this season.

Coaching coaching coaching all the way... 

Drew Willy has felt the effects of always being put in a spot where the decisions he were to make were too much for him at this point.

Talk about taking your QB down a hole where I hope he can come back from. What we saw last night, especially at the end, was a beaten man. 

He was flummoxed.

Marcel Bellefeuille did him no favours with his kind of offence.

And can somebody tell me why there seemed to be no one helping Willy on the bench with at least a "throw the ball away Drew"?

Drew Willy has felt the effects of always being put in a spot where the decisions he were to make were too much for him at this point.

Talk about taking your QB down a hole where I hope he can come back from. What we saw last night, especially at the end, was a beaten man. 

He was flummoxed.

And can somebody tell me why there seemed to be no one helping Willy on the bench with at least a "throw the ball away Drew"?

How true that is. Keeping him in the game was a terrible decision.

You don't even know the name of qb#3 & you want to play him?? LOL! Clueless. 

Nope I don't and I'm as clueless as Willy is on the field about it for sure. And speaking about clueless........ wow, just wow iso.

Willy has been shell shocked for some time now, when you look at the record number of sacks given up it's no wonder. Listening to him on the CJOB post game, he knows what he did wrong, he's going to come in healthy next year and light it up, but this year he's taken such a beating he can barely function. 

Drew Willy said in the post game press conference that he realized during the game that he was not progressing to his 2nd and 3rd reads and this contributed to the sack total. 

Whoa whoa whoa there. You mean..... nah iso, goalie, Mr P and the rest can't be wrong about Drew freaking Willy can they? .... Ummmm, nope, it's me, I'm the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. Its the water boy (right Willy boys) -he's the culprit. Not Drew Willy, He had the time to go to his fourth reads, no one was open. That's why he was sacked. Willy is God, he can do no wrong. Now Willy is Jesus Christ, and he's shouldering the burden of the whole team

One of the key words is "stubborn". MOS seems to have it in abundance. How he could not see that Willy was holding on to the ball too long and causing sacks, and not throwing it away when he had to, is beyond me. How he could not think that putting Marve in for even a series or two would not possibly be a good thing is also beyond me. I can only chalk it up to being stubborn. He refused to replace Grigsby with Cotton until the end of the year. He refused to see how slow and useless and replace Kuale until he got injured. It just seems like no one could actually tell him anything negative where he would make a change.

How long did it take him to try any meaningful change on the Oline? How long did guys who they thought had talent sit on the PR and then be cut? I seriously think some of these coaches can't recognize talent properly, if they think Kuale, and Grigsby and a few others are good enough. I don't put everything on Willy, whoever our illustrious QB coach is, has to go. Willy has been staring down his first read all year. He throws 20 or 30 yard passes when a 7 or 8 yard pass is what is needed. He has been doing that consistently. a QB coach should be able to coach him out of that penchant for always going for the long pass.

That attempt at a 2 point conversion, is the exact same play they have run every time they tried for two points, and has never once worked. Who's fault is that? play calling or Willy himself?

So much more to say...sore fingers  :)

Never thought of this angle before but isn't it a QB coach's job to not only prepare but also to protect the QB from this kind of mental and physical abuse?  What we have witnessed this season is the deconstruction of a talented young QB with infinite promise into the shambles of a Buck Pierce look-a-like, all under the tutelage of Gene Dalquist.   So what is Dalquist's role in all of this?  In the least Dalquist should have communicated his concerns directly to O'Shea or Marcel but perhaps he has no real sway or like O'Shea saw nothing wrong in the game-plan last night.   Either way, I award Dalquist with a Fail.

He was flummoxed.

I was screaming at the TV (well MOS actually) mid way through the third quarter when that game was still very winnable (thanks to B.C. and our defense no thanks to Willy). 

I really believe that MOS was scared to put Marve in because he KNEW Marve would move the ball. I know, that seems very counter intuitive. But Willy is MOS's man - he puts in Marve and all of a sudden the sacks stop, Marve moves the ball, and/or worse wins the game... what happens then? Talk about QB controversy.

So by leaving Willy in, we (all of us media, fans, even other teams) can only 'speculate' what would of happened (we would have won  going away is what would have happened) instead of guessing. MOS - you better be careful, cause you're next on the hit list. Sooner or later you gotta go with a different QB when Willy is healthy.