Durant on cusp of return to Riders lineup!

Migs

4 game skid and what is it a 1-5 stretch and the qbs have all looked useless and they're back to insisting that Durant is back soon. Call me sceptical about that.

Taman has been saying that Durant should be back for last regular season game for weeks now. They wouldn't risk our marquee QB if he wasn't healthy. We shall see what happens.

they were so desperate they signed Joseph and you really believe that? 

Which was because Joseph, while old, has lots of experience and he still has a strong arm.

And he actually looked pretty good out there. He wasn't quite as good as Reilly stats wise, but that's because we were playing Edmonton who has one of the best defences in the league.

If Joseph continues to play just as well as last game or better, I don't see us rushing Durant too much.

On the cusp eh? so that to me means he should be back in a week or 2, he won't be tho. Durant if he comes back early, man oh man, it's gonna be ugly cuz he's gonna be hurt again. I wouldn't rush him back if i was the  Riders but i'm not and i get the sense that they will rush him back and he will be hurt again and possibly hurt so badly that he misses a part of next season too.

Riders aren't a very good team tho, they really aren't. Your qb goes down, ok i get your offence starting to struggle but the D too? They have been awful, where has john chick been, that poll about the MOP in the west on the CFL site is a joke, where has chick been the last several weeks? invisible. 

Like i said, i get if your qb goes down your offence is going to struggle, i get that but it's no excuse for your defense to suck as bad as the riders D have the last several weeks.

Riders are done and lucky they got their wins early in the year, if not they would probably be last place in the west. If one guy goes down and your entire team goes to crap, you aren't that good and i don't see that one guy returning making a huge difference. 

4 game skid and what is it a 1-5 stretch and the qbs have all looked useless and they're back to insisting that Durant is back soon. Call me sceptical about that.

Taman has been saying that Durant should be back for last regular season game for weeks now. They wouldn't risk our marquee QB if he wasn't healthy. We shall see what happens.

Which was because Joseph, while old, has lots of experience and he still has a strong arm.

And he actually looked pretty good out there. He wasn't quite as good as Reilly stats wise, but that's because we were playing Edmonton who has one of the best defences in the league.

If Joseph continues to play just as well as last game or better, I don't see us rushing Durant too much.

Yeah yeah yeah, you were on here a few weeks ago talking about how awesome Doege was, and how good Sunseri would be, your opinion on how a rider qb plays is meaningless because you've shown yourself to be that guy who jumps on the bandwagon of the next guy. Signing Joseph is pure desperation plain and simple. If you really think he's fine as a qb you're deluded. There is a reason he was unemployed until the Riders got desperate. 

Yeah yeah yeah, you were on here a few weeks ago talking about how awesome Doege was, and how good Sunseri would be, your opinion on how a rider qb plays is meaningless because you've shown yourself to be that guy who jumps on the bandwagon of the next guy. Signing Joseph is pure desperation plain and simple. If you really think he's fine as a qb you're deluded. There is a reason he was unemployed until the Riders got desperate. 

I never said Doege was awesome. I just thought he was going to be better than Sunseri. And Sunseri I thought would be decent, but a stretch from Durant for darn sure. And my positive opinions on those two were pure speculation (before the game, not after).

And also, Joseph wasn't "unemployed". He was actually retired.

And I was actually at the game, and thought Joseph was good. This wasn't just me hoping for him to be good like with Sunseri and Doege. I saw him play and liked him.

He was retired because nobody wanted to pick him up. Riders got desperate. It's true. Honestly, don't care but fact is he was retired and the riders got desperate and convinced him to play again. It truly is the definition of a desperate team. 

Lets just say Joseph did play well, he did ok at least.. put up Durant like numbers really..... team still lost? why? cuz maybe your offense isn't the problem, maybe your defense has gone to crap the last several weeks, can say Joseph played well, hell could say Durant could come back and play well, but if your D don't step up, It's over for the riders. THe d HAS been awful the last several weeks, not even an ok to decent performance by Joseph made a difference. 

He was retired because nobody wanted to pick him up. Riders got desperate. It's true. Honestly, don't care but fact is he was retired and the riders got desperate and convinced him to play again. It truly is the definition of a desperate team. 

Joseph is 41. There's more to it than just that nobody wanted him.

Joseph is 41. There's more to it than just that nobody wanted him.

yeah the more is that no one wanted him cause he's not good enough to play in the CFL anymore. Except desperate Taman desperately trying to save face after botching the backup qb situation so spectacularly in he offseason. 

Lets just say Joseph did play well, he did ok at least.. put up Durant like numbers really..... team still lost? why? cuz maybe your offense isn't the problem, maybe your defense has gone to crap the last several weeks, can say Joseph played well, hell could say Durant could come back and play well, but if your D don't step up, It's over for the riders. THe d HAS been awful the last several weeks, not even an ok to decent performance by Joseph made a difference.

I remember the Riders being aweful at times last year as well, remember the Banjo Bowl? It's all about the playoffs, and I'm glad it looks like Durant will be back in time to get some snaps in Game #18 before the playoffs.

I hope Durant does come back for the playoffs so that it can honestly be said they're middle of the pack wannabees. East or West this Rider team is going nowhere this year.

That's what many said last year during the Riders 4 game losing streak.

On the cusp eh? so that to me means he should be back in a week or 2, he won't be tho. Durant if he comes back early, man oh man, it's gonna be ugly cuz he's gonna be hurt again. I wouldn't rush him back if i was the Riders but i'm not and i get the sense that they will rush him back and he will be hurt again and possibly hurt so badly that he misses a part of next season too.

Riders aren't a very good team tho, they really aren't. Your qb goes down, ok i get your offence starting to struggle but the D too? They have been awful, where has john chick been, that poll about the MOP in the west on the CFL site is a joke, where has chick been the last several weeks? invisible.

Like i said, i get if your qb goes down your offence is going to struggle, i get that but it's no excuse for your defense to suck as bad as the riders D have the last several weeks.

Riders are done and lucky they got their wins early in the year, if not they would probably be last place in the west. If one guy goes down and your entire team goes to crap, you aren't that good and i don't see that one guy returning making a huge difference.

Riders defence has actually been pretty good. 3 of the top 5 sack leaders are on the Riders, held Reilly & Esks offence to 17 points. Riders offence under KJ had more points than the Esks offence, what does that tell you that a 41 year old QB ourscores Reilly?

Our special teams on the other hand has been aweful, if they don't get that cleaned up it'll be a short stint.