Robert Marve

IC Khari

This guy has some serious skills and it looks like the attitude it takes to be a winner in this league. Unfortunately for him and Bomberfans, we already have a star in the making in Drew Willy. I would love to keep him here but I think he'll be starting for someone else in this league in a few years. Some unreal plays tonight on his part considering the reps he got this week. He's fun to watch that's for sure ...

We have 3 promising QBs. Hopefully we can swing a trade for one of them in the offseason. Maybe pick up an OLineman...

Yes we finally have possible qb depth after 5 years and the first thing we should do is deplete it for a mediocre o lineman!!

A starting OLineman is better than a decent 3rd string quarterback. I wouldn't trade one for the likes of Pencer, but if the right person became available I would definitely look into it. Taman will probably come calling in the offseason considering how well their backups have played.

I wouldnt deplete our QB stable for anything less then a starting canadian tackle. Simply put, IF the QBs pan out then we will be in the best position we have been in decades.

Even if 2 outta 3 pan out, we are still eons ahead of our previous situation.. I wouldnt trade that away for anything less then the other most important position in the CFL..

We should pump the brakes on talking up a QB who's played essentially a half of football. Kid looks good, I'm excited, but projections off that small a sample are challenging.

While I agree that we shouldn't get our hopes up too high, it's not like these opinions are solely based on one half of football. He was a star in training camp, our best QB in pre-season (in very limited action of course), and has looked very good in practice all season.

If it was a fair competition in training camp like it should have been, then he would be our starting qb.

I don't know about that, while I like Marve and would love to see him be the starter within a couple of years, throwing a raw rookie out there as the starter from day 1, is not something I'd be the most comfortable with.

I'm still not sold on Willy and Brohm looks decent, but not much else IMO, however both have some time in this league and/or in the NFL. At this point they should be given the edge over Marve if nothing else, but to protect him.

I wonder why Neiswander, Troy Smith, Justin Goltz, Joey Elliott and all the other QBs who looked good early in their careers but ended up being busts weren't traded for Canadian Tackles. Oh yea...that's right....GM's tend to want to see more than a half of good football before they go trading Ben Heenan's to the opposition for their 3rd stringer. (Unless your name is Mike Kelly of course.)

We have 3 promising QBs. Hopefully we can swing a trade for one of them in the offseason. Maybe pick up an OLineman...

You do realize that Brohm is in the final year of his contract right? We may lose him for nothing yet if we can't re-sign him. We can't go trading anyone, and even if we wanted to I'm not sure that they have enough playing time under their belts to get a decent return.

You do realize that Brohm is in the final year of his contract right? We may lose him for nothing yet if we can't re-sign him. We can't go trading anyone, and even if we wanted to I'm not sure that they have enough playing time under their belts to get a decent return.

Really? That kind of changes everything.   Brohm might view his situation very similar to Willy's last year were he will be stuck as a backup indefinitely if he re-signs with the Bombers.  I wouldn't doubt that numerous teams might be interested in taking a flyer on him based on what they've seen so far, although admittedly he has a limited resume.  Ottawa, BC and Sask. spring to mind as teams that need to improve their QB situation for next year and might be willing to pay more than the Bombers to do so. 

I'm all for trading him to the highest bidder of the three before he makes it to F.A. cause I honestly can't see him re-upping with those opportunities available.

Really? That kind of changes everything.   Brohm might view his situation very similar to Willy's last year were he will be stuck as a backup indefinitely if he re-signs with the Bombers.  I wouldn't doubt that numerous teams might be interested in taking a flyer on him based on what they've seen so far, although admittedly he has a limited resume.  Ottawa, BC and Sask. spring to mind as teams that need to improve their QB situation for next year and might be willing to pay more than the Bombers to do so. 

I'm all for trading him to the highest bidder of the three before he makes it to F.A. cause I honestly can't see him re-upping with those opportunities available.

What Brohm may be more worried about in Winnipeg is the guy behind him pushing him even further down the depth chart. It is extremely doubtful that any team picks him up to challenge as a starter next year. However, there are a few teams where he would almost assuredly be the number two QB. That may cause us to lose him.

I have seen plenty of one game wonders in blue and gold over the years but with that being said I liked what both Brohm and Marve did last night. Despite what MOS said last night it is next year time again for the bombers. I have no doubt Willy is the number one going forward and hopefully for years to come so now is the time to see what we have in the bullpen. Marve should be starting the next game so we will have a better idea of what we got. It is too bad Brohm broke his thumb so that takes him out of the mix this year. If Marve lights it up it puts us in a very good spot in regards to our backups or builds value for his trade for assets we need (OL). If he bombs at least it gives us a head start on next year.   

Sigh... One game... Limited reps for each.... And we're dealing em for OL. Sigh. I'm sitting at a bar in Banff with 17to85 just face palming hard...

I hate you for being in Banff...because, you know...no fair!

But I agree with you, limited reps, how can anyone say he's better then Willy or think he's good enough to trade?!?!!?  He only completed half of his passes for 64 yards.  But he ran for 36...and didn't slide, which can become his undoing if he doesn't protect himself when he runs.  He did however complete some pretty swanky passes, and he didn't really have our best receivers in the lineup.  So I'll give him that.

Yeah, I can see a bidding war for Brohm in the off season. Ottawa will probably be the most interested. could see Montreal being interested as well.

I'm not overly sad about that though... Marve looks to have all the raw skills needed, and I've always had positive vibes on Porter, ever since that pre season game against us with Toronto. 

Brohm is the same type of quarterback as Willy, except Willy throws with more authority. Marve on the other hand brings a completely different dimension, and, IMO should be the one we hang onto. I haven't seen Portis yet, hopefully see him before the end of the season.