Robert Marve

IC Khari

Ricky Ray was a dominant QB and has been since he's been in this league, Hasn't exactly played on that many "dominant" teams.

Calvillo played on a dominant Montreal team for years, gotta also keep in mind the EAST was historically weak during that time, and he has a losing record in grey cup games.

Who exactly are Dominant QB'S.. i can think of a few in the NFL..Manning,Brady,Brees even (altho N.O. ain't so great no more) so obviously, it takes more than just a dominant QB to win, if that was the case then Manning Brady Brees Calvillo and Ray would be winning cups and bowls every year. They don't tho. 

Different time back then when Allen played tho, Not convinced Allen would be a good qb if he played today.

As for Marve, LOL.. 1 quarter of work, yeah he looked ok but... 1 quarter and some people are declaring him this god and we lost the game too? Even tho i feel for some reason that if we actually would have stopped Calgary there we might have tied it up, Calgary was on their heels a bit, but probably to be expected when you have zero film on the guy.

I like Marve, i think he will be a pretty good QB for us down the line but... he's not better than Willy, that's for sure. 

You know Willy in his first quarter as a bomber put up a couple touchdowns also? Threw for more yards and actually completed a higher percentage of his throws.

I hope Marve gets another shot to play this season, Hopefully he gets some reps next week vs Calgary, Would like to see what he can do when Calgary actually has time to prepare for him.

You know, I've always wondered why teams and coaches don't do this, I mean i know why, cuz it's ridiculous but...I've always wanted to see a team, for example here, the bombers say 

"Drew Willy is starting this week". and then 30 seconds before the game say "Actually we lied, Marve is".

Would that not kind of screw the other team over a wee bit? Preparing all week to face one qb and then have to face the other guy?

I know why they don't but man, would just love to see it happen just once... Just to see what happens. 

Willy starts this week, then on the opening offensive series Marve comes out.. be great to see. 

Ricky Ray was a dominant QB and has been since he's been in this league, Hasn't exactly played on that many "dominant" teams.

Calvillo played on a dominant Montreal team for years, gotta also keep in mind the EAST was historically weak during that time, and he has a losing record in grey cup games.

Who exactly are Dominant QB'S.. i can think of a few in the NFL..Manning,Brady,Brees even (altho N.O. ain't so great no more) so obviously, it takes more than just a dominant QB to win, if that was the case then Manning Brady Brees Calvillo and Ray would be winning cups and bowls every year. They don't tho. 

Different time back then when Allen played tho, Not convinced Allen would be a good qb if he played today.

As for Marve, LOL.. 1 quarter of work, yeah he looked ok but... 1 quarter and some people are declaring him this god and we lost the game too? Even tho i feel for some reason that if we actually would have stopped Calgary there we might have tied it up, Calgary was on their heels a bit, but probably to be expected when you have zero film on the guy.

I like Marve, i think he will be a pretty good QB for us down the line but... he's not better than Willy, that's for sure. 

You know Willy in his first quarter as a bomber put up a couple touchdowns also? Threw for more yards and actually completed a higher percentage of his throws.

I hope Marve gets another shot to play this season, Hopefully he gets some reps next week vs Calgary, Would like to see what he can do when Calgary actually has time to prepare for him.

You know, I've always wondered why teams and coaches don't do this, I mean i know why, cuz it's ridiculous but...I've always wanted to see a team, for example here, the bombers say 

"Drew Willy is starting this week". and then 30 seconds before the game say "Actually we lied, Marve is".

Would that not kind of screw the other team over a wee bit? Preparing all week to face one qb and then have to face the other guy?

I know why they don't but man, would just love to see it happen just once... Just to see what happens. 

Willy starts this week, then on the opening offensive series Marve comes out.. be great to see. 

I'm not sure behind the exact way it works or how it's dealt with or anything, but the depth chart that teams release the day before a game has to be accurate. If it says Willy has to start, he's expected to start and while I'm not sure what it is, I believe there is some kind of penalty for not abiding by the depth chart. They could make a change in an emergency due to illness/injury/whatever but I think to do that, they'd have to rule the player in question out of the entire game.

Would be interested to know exactly how it works, actually.

So stupidly typical....barely half a game of decent (not great) play and we've got boneheads anointing Robert Marve as the next coming of whoever....geez guys...pull back a little...

And for those who are saying yay yay about our QB depth...a bunch were also saying that about Buck, Alex & Joey...look how long that lasted...remember that???  Anyone???

so yes, let's just relax here ok...

Wow nice way to endear youself. I, for one, am relaxed. But tell me, please, name me one QB, just one, not a big deal, that has played for the bombers since Tom Clements that completed two passes like Marve did. And just don't tell me, find the You Tube video of it an link it up so I can see it. I can't recall a QB do what he did twice in one game, especially coming in cold off the bench. I never once said he's our #1 QB, what I did say is he showed enough he should get more time. 

I also said, based on our 'awesome' play of our Oline, that Willy - who has proven not to be mobile (look at how McCoil nailed him for the safety in Edmonton) that, right now, he's not a very 'effective' QB in our system. Marve has shown he can move, he can improvise, and he has the arm strength and accuracy to get the ball down field. 

I"ve seen them all, from Don Jonas, to Brock, to Clements/Hufnagel, McManus (too briefly), Dunnigan, Salisbury, Burgess, Rubley, Kopp, Tee Martin, Garza, Jones, Glenn, etc. etc. etc. Just too many to mention. Marve is the the first home grown (as in Wpg Blue Bomber recruited, not some other teams cast off) QB I've seen since McManus that has shown real promise. 

Shows Real Promise. 

Shows

Get it? 

He is not the next all star QB necessarily, too small a sample size. Way too small. But I want to see more. So shoot me. A typical 'stupid bonehead' that wants to see more of a QB who showed really well. I just want to see him get a start, as in working with the starting offense all week first, and the opposing defense (a somewhat good point by Goalie I think it was - though Brohm = Willy in terms of style so there's really adjustment a defense will make, they have the same plays, Brohm executed them in Edmonton, Willy didn't, or couldn't but either way Willy had a terrible game here) with a week to prepare for Marve. Then we can see what he's made of (still a small sample prize- I still remember Tim Cowan and his 486 yard 5 TD performance for B.C. against Hamilton in Hamilton. Remember him? Probably not as he never amounted to anything so one game does not a career make) but I want to see.

That all being said, for all I know Drew Willy has some kind of monetary incentive to reach 4000 yards passing. If he does, then for sure, I would start him. He deserves every chance we can give him to get those 4k yards. If he doesn't have a clause though, and B.C. beats the crap out of him (like every one else has been doing these past 3 months) then I see no use in starting him in the last game of the year. I'd rather see him backup Marve, and have Marve get all the reps he can so we can see how he does. 

If he shows like he did in a half, and he wins the game, then next year, it should be an open season our #1 QB ,not Willy's job. The best QB will win the job. 

If that's Willy - so be it. Either way, I don't think we can lose (far better than Hall and Goltz)