Game Day Thread: TiCats @ Bombers -- Saturday, Sept 27th

Noeller

Lawless had a good line in the FP today (...I know, I know..) to the effect of "It's as close to a must-win game as you'll get without it being an elimination game" and, to me, that's about right. Really REALLY need a win today...not only to stem the losing, but to keep pace with BC. We're still in this thing, but man we're pissing it away quick.

Let's go Blue!! #GameDayWeAllPlay

well it's been almost a month since I've been able to watch a WBB game.  The last game I watched was the LDC and then missed the Banjo Bowl, the BC game and with the bye week. It feel like it's been a whole off season since I watched a game.   

Hoping for a win and a good outing from the offence today.     

HERE WE GO BOMBERS HERE WE GO!

HERE WE GO BOMBERS HERE WE GO!

It wasnt a catch - the contacting the kicker call was inexcusable. Walters needs to complain tomorrow AM.

Walters needs to get off his ass and sign a proper long snapper.... one or two screw ups is acceptable but this is getting ridiculous. 

My thoughts on the game/team...

As I complained frequently in the chat... the team is not playing disciplined football and seem completely out of focus which is weird considering they are coming off a bye week.

Earlier on in the season we rarely ever took any "bad" penalties...  tonight we killed 3 drives in the first half purely on bad ill timed penalties.   

O'Shea is a special teams wizard??    Maybe at covering but he made two huge brain farts IMO.   First taking the kickoff rather then taking the ball at the 35 early on resulting in a field goal and then that awfully timed short kick in the 2nd half.  Their is times to take the risks... the times he chooses to take these risks are always poor.   In a close game where your team is so damn lucky to be only 5 points down and when Hamilton couldn't move the ball .... you dont' f'ning hand them the ball at midfield with the wind to their backs.  

I like a risky gambling coach but you save the bag of tricks when you are desperate.    

Also thank you Mr Walters and OShea for not getting a long snapper resulting in pretty much losing this game.

Can this team learn how to do both proper time management and the ability to maybe call several plays when their is 16 seconds left and 3 cracks from the 4 yard line?   Total mismanagement and just all around incompetence. 

I understand the coaching staff and the team is *young* and learning but had our team played a clean game we would of won it.   

Side note... Austin will die from a heart attack soon... that guy gets animated on every down.   Also his guys never ever seemed to be zoned out like our guys do on the bench.    

I'm seeing a lot of Burke droopy dog looks on the guys faces.... we could use a little life on the bench.   

It wasnt a catch - the contacting the kicker call was inexcusable. Walters needs to complain tomorrow AM.

Walters needs to get off his ass and sign a proper long snapper.... one or two screw ups is acceptable but this is getting ridiculous. 

My thoughts on the game/team...

As I complained frequently in the chat... the team is not playing disciplined football and seem completely out of focus which is weird considering they are coming off a bye week.

Earlier on in the season we rarely ever took any "bad" penalties...  tonight we killed 3 drives in the first half purely on bad ill timed penalties.   

O'Shea is a special teams wizard??    Maybe at covering but he made two huge brain farts IMO.   First taking the kickoff rather then taking the ball at the 35 early on resulting in a field goal and then that awfully timed short kick in the 2nd half.  Their is times to take the risks... the times he chooses to take these risks are always poor.   In a close game where your team is so damn lucky to be only 5 points down and when Hamilton couldn't move the ball .... you dont' f'ning hand them the ball at midfield with the wind to their backs.  

I like a risky gambling coach but you save the bag of tricks when you are desperate.    

Also thank you Mr Walters and OShea for not getting a long snapper resulting in pretty much losing this game.

Can this team learn how to do both proper time management and the ability to maybe call several plays when their is 16 seconds left and 3 cracks from the 4 yard line?   Total mismanagement and just all around incompetence. 

I understand the coaching staff and the team is *young* and learning but had our team played a clean game we would of won it.   

Side note... Austin will die from a heart attack soon... that guy gets animated on every down.   Also his guys never ever seemed to be zoned out like our guys do on the bench.    

I'm seeing a lot of Burke droopy dog looks on the guys faces.... we could use a little life on the bench.   

The reality of the team's situation is beginning to sink in to them- they are not good enough as a team despite some bright spots. For a player with a healthy ego, knowing that you are going to miss the playoffs yet again and win one (or two if the gods smile) has to smart. I would be a lot more concerned if the players were joking around and laughing on the sidelines while we are losing.

Players are definitely responding, it's pretty obvious they fight till the end, last years team would have given up completely.  The problem this year seems to be lack of depth, injuries, a few bad breaks, a few non calls.... 

When we were winning we were pretty healthy, but You know what.. You lose Moore,Wild,Anderson and several other lesser known foot soldiers and you got problems. We have some talent but overall, when we have guys that get hurt, we don't have guys to come in and step up. Somewhat expected especially in the lack of canadian depth issue, that's not a problem that will solve itself in one or 2 off seasons, that's gonna take a while and i believe the lack of depth is definitely showing on special teams, thats where most your depth players see the most action, i don't think it's a coincidence that the special teams have struggled this season. 

Players are definitely responding, it's pretty obvious they fight till the end, last years team would have given up completely.  The problem this year seems to be lack of depth, injuries, a few bad breaks, a few non calls.... 

When we were winning we were pretty healthy, but You know what.. You lose Moore,Wild,Anderson and several other lesser known foot soldiers and you got problems. We have some talent but overall, when we have guys that get hurt, we don't have guys to come in and step up. Somewhat expected especially in the lack of canadian depth issue, that's not a problem that will solve itself in one or 2 off seasons, that's gonna take a while and i believe the lack of depth is definitely showing on special teams, thats where most your depth players see the most action, i don't think it's a coincidence that the special teams have struggled this season. 

You're confusing effort level with execution and discipline. The effort level is not an issue, it's been there since day 1. It's the coachable, teachable things like discipline and execution that have been killing them during the losing streak. Those are the things that we are being told the coaching staff is working on correcting.....for the past 8 weeks now.

SteamingBlue.gif

Could only watch the game today and observed….

A time count violation…at that point in the game….is inexcusable.

Before that mistake, that was a very impressive quick offence drive in the last 2 minutes.

Our defensive play was indeed impressive.

Was that Kuale's best game?

Our O-Line is all over the place…from staunch at times to horrible at other times…hovering at below acceptable.

Kelly was the best receiver on both teams today.

They, at least, found a route for Bryant…crossing across the middle.

Horrible play calls, again, for the two point convert.

…and on the last play of the game.

Bad snap number ??? 

What's that? 3 games lost due to snaps?

I think we need more urgency at the start of games.

PENALTIES are rivalling ST team play as a problem, a big problem.

Seriously, are we the only team that gets called for O-Line holding?

I do believe that was the shittiest contacting the kicker penalty called that I've ever seen (or didn't see)