Depth Chart - HAM @ WPG - Sept 27th

TrueBlue

I would think Willy listed as starter doesn't mean he starts. They'll wait till game day to see who takes first snap...

Word on the street is Willy's starting. 

As @garylawless reported first, Drew Willy will start Saturday against the #Ticats. Here's the #Bombers depth chart.

We're still starting three Internationals on the Oline.  I was hoping Goosen would draw in ahead of Jones.  This again limits what we can do on the defensive side of the ball.  According to the depth chart 3 Nationals will have be on the field for every defensive snap...positions targeted again are on the

Dline, (Thomas, Richardson, Pall)

Dime Backer, (Sherman, West) and

Field Corner, (Bucknor/Jones). 

Looks like our DI's are

Stoudermire

Hickman

Kromah

Unamba

Surprised that Hickman draws in ahead of Gibson/Moseley...was Moseley injured?

To get Sears back into the lineup at the Dime Backer position, (where he started the first two games) we need to be playing only 2 Internationals on the Oline...there are of course other ways to manipulate the ratio, (starting another National receiver over an International receiver etc) but based on the way we've worked the ratio this year, we need to start 3 Nationals on the Oline, 2 at receiver, and 2 for every defensive snap, (rotating DLine/Dime Backer positions and Field Corner).  That's how we did it for the first two games of the season...and we had pretty good results on D.

We're still starting three Internationals on the Oline.  I was hoping Goosen would draw in ahead of Jones.  This again limits what we can do on the defensive side of the ball.  According to the depth chart 3 Nationals will have be on the field for every defensive snap...positions targeted again are on the

Dline, (Thomas, Richardson, Pall)

Dime Backer, (Sherman, West) and

Field Corner, (Bucknor/Jones). 

Looks like our DI's are

Stoudermire

Hickman

Kromah

Unamba

Surprised that Hickman draws in ahead of Gibson/Moseley...was Moseley injured?

To get Sears back into the lineup at the Dime Backer position, (where he started the first two games) we need to be playing only 2 Internationals on the Oline...there are of course other ways to manipulate the ratio, (starting another National receiver over an International receiver etc) but based on the way we've worked the ratio this year, we need to start 3 Nationals on the Oline, 2 at receiver, and 2 for every defensive snap, (rotating DLine/Dime Backer positions and Field Corner).  That's how we did it for the first two games of the season...and we had pretty good results on D.

As I posted in another thread Paul LaPolice wrote that most CFL teams are using at least one D.I. to enhance their running games.  Bombers are using them up exclusively on the D.  If they can ever get back to 3 Natls. on the O-line I would like to see them follow this trend.

http://www.tsn.ca/lapolice-what-s-happened-to-running-backs-this-year-1.90899

The chain guy official who did the Bomber game in BC, opined that Bruce Johnson was an impressive DB and that he was not impressed with the demeanour of….Romby Bryant (surprise, surprise). He described his effort as…half-hearted.

To this end, I wish we would use 3 NI receivers thereby allowing Sears and Johnson in the lineup at the same time.

How could getting JF-G on the field over an inconsistent Bryant not be better for this offence, seeing as Brynat's speed asset isn't working?

Well, this is it.  Time for O'Shea to admit that winning this next game is critical and not just another game.  It's now or never time.

You just don't get it. That's not his mantra. We all know it's not just another game, he knows it as well. That doesn't mean he's going to say it, much like how he said we'd be the same team with Brohm under the controls if he ended up getting the start tomorrow when we obviously would not be. Not that difficult to understand how O'Shea handles himself in the press.

Well, this is it.  Time for O'Shea to admit that winning this next game is critical and not just another game.  It's now or never time.

You just don't get it. That's not his mantra. We all know it's not just another game, he knows it as well. That doesn't mean he's going to say it, much like how he said we'd be the same team with Brohm under the controls if he ended up getting the start tomorrow when we obviously would not be. Not that difficult to understand how O'Shea handles himself in the press.

I fully get his mantra but O'Shea has to realize he's in the entertainment business and not politics, so as the Bombers only spokesman he owes the fans and the media a modicum of respect in providing valid "real-time" references in regard to the Bombers status during his press conferences.  Otherwise fans and media will begin to tune out "his message" once the playoff hopes fade and the "new coach is cool" infatuation wears off.  Once the media is starved for relevant  info. they begin to fill their columns with drivel like Wiecek has recently.

So if he goes ahead and says what you want ... "This next game is critical and not just another game" ... and then he loses, then what do you want him to say?  He won't paint himself into a corner like that.

I want my coaches to be in the business of winning football games not entertainment and not pandering to the media.

It doesn't really matter what he says or does, the media here have proven they will fill their columns with drivel either way.

I fully get his mantra but O'Shea has to realize he's in the entertainment business and not politics, so as the Bombers only spokesman he owes the fans and the media a modicum of respect in providing valid "real-time" references in regard to the Bombers status during his press conferences.  Otherwise fans and media will begin to tune out "his message" once the playoff hopes fade and the "new coach is cool" infatuation wears off.  Once the media is starved for relevant  info. they begin to fill their columns with drivel like Wiecek has recently.

Wrong again (on many levels but I'll keep it short as possible). O'Shea is not in the entertainment business. O'Shea is in the coaching business. You could say the players themselves are, but it's not up to O'Shea to provide the entertainment (and where politics come from is beyond me - Not even sure how you reach that conclusion). O'Shea doesn't care if the fans or media tune out his message, and he shouldn't care. The ONLY message O'Shea needs to be concerned about is the message he provides to his players, which is why he conducts himself the way he does in front of the podium. It's the right way whether you like it or not.

The chain guy official who did the Bomber game in BC, opined that Bruce Johnson was an impressive DB and that he was not impressed with the demeanour of….Romby Bryant (surprise, surprise). He described his effort as…half-hearted.

To this end, I wish we would use 3 NI receivers thereby allowing Sears and Johnson in the lineup at the same time.

How could getting JF-G on the field over an inconsistent Bryant not be better for this offense, seeing as Bryant's speed asset isn't working?

I agree in principle with this, but pepping up the defence is not the need (except against the run)- the problem is an anemic offense and it sure as heck looks like Romby is just going through the motions. He was brought in to be a deep threat, but he has to actually get open and  catch the ball to be a threat.

How could getting JF-G on the field over an inconsistent Bryant not be better for this offense, seeing as Bryant's speed asset isn't working?

I agree in principle with this, but pepping up the defence is not the need (except against the run)- the problem is an anemic offense and it sure as heck looks like Romby is just going through the motions. He was brought in to be a deep threat, but he has to actually get open and  catch the ball to be a threat.

Agree about the offence but credit has to go to Marcel for that.

Wrong again (on many levels but I'll keep it short as possible). O'Shea is not in the entertainment business. O'Shea is in the coaching business. You could say the players themselves are, but it's not up to O'Shea to provide the entertainment (and where politics come from is beyond me - Not even sure how you reach that conclusion). O'Shea doesn't care if the fans or media tune out his message, and he shouldn't care. The ONLY message O'Shea needs to be concerned about is the message he provides to his players, which is why he conducts himself the way he does in front of the podium. It's the right way whether you like it or not.

Excuse me but you must have fallen asleep during your moderators 101 class.  You have your opinion and I have mine, doesn't make either of us right or wrong, we just have different perspectives.  If you want to act as though only your opinion is correct than please take off your moderators cap before posting so that you don't discredit this forum.

When O'Shea's salary is ultimately derived from approval of the  product he is putting on the field for which the fans pay to view for entertainment value only, that is the first clue that O'Shea works in the entertainment industry.

Second clue.  Like it or not O'Shea appears on TV and in print at least once a week speaking to the viewers and the press as part of his contractual obligation to convey information regarding a product he wishes to sell, "Bomber football" which can be classified as nothing but entertainment.   If those duties do not go well as with Mike Kelly, his performance in other aspects of his job may not matter very much.

Ultimately every coach will keep or lose his job depending on how well entertained the fans are.  Not surprisingly most fans derive much more pleasure from  winning than they do from losing. 

You can say that again. I don't care what anyone here thinks, or MOS for that matter, we are one and five in our last six, the one being a weak win over Mtrl that started Alex Brink. Furthermore, that's with our all star QB Drew Willy at the helm. 

I'm not dumping on him, he's far better than anything we've had here since Khari Jones (even Buck sorry Buck but it's true) but he hasn't been very good this last few weeks and if you're honest with yourself you'll (generally here not you bannatyne) would see it too. 

WIth Willy starting, at home, against Hamilton, a team you 'should beat' is a MUST WIN game. We lose tonight, we're done. That's it. And that is not a defeatist attitude, it's a fact.