Pinball's Grey Cup Ring Stolen at BC Place

Rich

Apparently Pinball was at the BC game last night.  Someone in the stands asked him if they could see his Grey Cup Ring.  So he tossed them the ring, something he apparently does all the time when people ask.

But this time, the lady ran off with the ring when she got it.  They are searching video footage to see if they can identify her.

Crazy....

http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2014/09/20/pinball_clemons_grey_cup_ring_stolen_at_bc_place.html

Apparently Pinball was at the BC game last night.  Someone in the stands asked him if they could see his Grey Cup Ring.  So he tossed them the ring, something he apparently does all the time when people ask.

But this time, the lady ran off with the ring when she got it.  They are searching video footage to see if they can identify her.

Crazy....

http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2014/09/20/pinball_clemons_grey_cup_ring_stolen_at_bc_place.html

MERGED

So let me see if I got this right. The site admin starts a thread, a site mod starts another thread on the same topic, another site mod then has to merge them together. Something about this just doesn't seem right...

Back on topic, I have tried a few GC rings from a few sources. Most will let people they know or meet in a controlled environment try them but a stranger in a 30 000 person crowd what was he thinking?

So let me see if I got this right. The site admin starts a thread, a site mod starts another thread on the same topic, another site mod then has to merge them together. Something about this just doesn't seem right...

What's doesn't seem right exactly? Simple mistake made by creating a second thread and another mod caught it. Seems pretty simple.

Favorite Grey Cup ring moment ever I was out at a function and Chris Walby was showing me his 84 ring and all of a sudden I hear yelling and it's Stan Mikawos. He is yelling that cheap exploitive exploitive those are not even real diamonds that cheap bugger got cubic zarconians if you want to see a real Grey Cup ring see mine and he pulls his out.

Can't blame him here. This is 100% on the person who stole it. Some people have zero class, and zero empathy. She's probably a molester of some kind too. No conscience. Good on Pinball to put his trust in that terrible animal called a human being. From what I understand he does this all the time and has never had a problem with it. I'll bet he still continues to do it, because he's a man of faith and has class. She's lucky I wasn't there, if she ran by me, she'd be in the hospital as I'd stick my foot out and trip her - she'd get whatever injury she deserves. People like that disgust me. 

NANAIMO -- RCMP say Michael "Pinball" Clemons will be getting his Grey Cup ring back after it was taken by a woman at B.C. Place Stadium during the Toronto Argonauts game against the Lions on Friday.

The former Argonaut player and current vice-chair of the team reportedly threw one of his four championship rings into the crowd for fans to look at during the game when a woman walked away with it.

Constable Gary O'Brien said in a release Saturday night that the 30-year-old Nanaimo woman later returned the ring to RCMP officials, who are making arrangements to return it to Clemons.

"She feels absolutely terrible about the situation and told the officer she wants Mr. Clemons to know she had no intention of keeping it and just wanted to do the right thing by turning it in," O'Brien said.

The woman told police she was sitting in the front row when Clemons threw the ring into the crowd. She also said she waited for security to retrieve the ring but left after no one approached her.

The Argos reached out to fans via Twitter on Saturday morning, asking them to be "on the lookout" for the ring and to contact police with any information.

If the RCMP falls for that BS...

If it works I am visiting the bank!

"Really officer, I just saw this stack of cash sitting in an open vault and picked it up and walked out.  I had no intention of stealing it.  I just wanted to hold on to it and no one approached me to give it back.  I am truly sorry for this and hope the bank understands."