Who said the run is not a problem?

Even with Willy behind center, we lost 4 of the previous 5 and were likely to lose all but two of the remaining games. Losing Willy for the season, if it comes to that doesn't really change the picture much- we likely to miss the playoffs again and a major overhaul in the off-season is in order. Our scouting has to get better.

Well when you post a meme directed at the coach moments after a loss... In a thread dedicated to the belief that our coaches feelings on the run are wrong.... What tha hell were you trying to say?

I'm not sure why you're taking such a point against this. MOS said the running game isn't a problem for our D. It clearly is as evidenced again where another CFL team just runs roughshod over us.

Well when you post a meme directed at the coach moments after a loss... In a thread dedicated to the belief that our coaches feelings on the run are wrong.... What tha hell were you trying to say?

I'm not sure why you're taking such a point against this. MOS said the running game isn't a problem for our D. It clearly is as evidenced again where another CFL team just runs roughshod over us.

they didn't run roughshod over us, they did run effectively at key points which killed us.

Etch's D has had problems with this at numerous points in the year, and I think it would be a mistake to say it's not a problem period.  But the run D despite giving up amounts of yards in some of their games, isn't the reason they've lost all of them.

I do think we need to get some more big bodies on that defensive front to plug the holes up, maybe even change some of our blitzing schemes and set Teague Sherman up to crash the RB down when he comes in from the corners.

But I think this is a work in progress that will be finished by next year.

Mike O'Shea still insists we are ok at handling the run... not sure I bought what he was selling a few weeks back but the more he keeps saying in the dumber it sounds...

Bend don't break defense approaches only work with an offense that can score 30 points+. It's caught up to us the last five games.

they didn't run roughshod over us, they did run effectively at key points which killed us.

In the 4Q they ran roughshod over us...

Even with Willy behind center, we lost 4 of the previous 5 and were likely to lose all but two of the remaining games. Losing Willy for the season, if it comes to that doesn't really change the picture much- we likely to miss the playoffs again and a major overhaul in the off-season is in order. Our scouting has to get better.

Liram H, Leggett, Bruce Johnson, Girsgby, JFG, Randle, Wiley all brought in during one off-season. That's not terrible scouting.

Mike O'Shea still insists we are ok at handling the run... not sure I bought what he was selling a few weeks back but the more he keeps saying in the dumber it sounds..

When the run game falls in the toilet, like the fourth quarter tonight, people start bringing out stuff O'Shea never said.

He didn't say the running game isn't a problem, and he never insisted we are OK at handling the run.

Listen to what he actually says and you'll understand.

O'Shea has said, in the past, that he wasn't worried about the yards gained in those games he was asked about.

Well, when you keep going 2 and out in the second half, eventually the defence is going to wear down and thats what happened. This game was over the second Willy got hurt, not blaming Brohm, pretty tough to come in like that with 1 pass thrown all year, but the game was over the second willy got hurt. 

I have to say this, When kuale was in the game, the lions didn't run as much, when Kuale got hurt, they ran lots and ran the ball down the bombers throats. 

Kuale with an eye injury, scratched cornea or something, that's when the run stopping really started sucking, when Kuale got hurt. 

Well, when you keep going 2 and out in the second half, eventually the defence is going to wear down and thats what happened. This game was over the second Willy got hurt, not blaming Brohm, pretty tough to come in like that with 1 pass thrown all year, but the game was over the second willy got hurt.

I could not understand why they quit stacking the box in the 4th Q but this explains it:

"when you keep going 2 and out in the second half, eventually the defence is going to wear down and thats what happened" no gas left and without their leader no heart left either

and really, the vast majority of the lions running game happened in what i'd call garbage time, It was at the end when the game was very obviously over. The bombers D just said screw it and really, i couldn't blame them. They were on the field so much the second half that it had to start wearing on them, valiant effort by the D tonight, the O though looked good when Willy was in, but the second he got hurt, it was lights out for sure. 

Lions put up some running numbers for sure but most of that was in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game... When the game was over. The game was actually over when Willy got hurt, but... reality is they had chances to score points in the third and even in to the 4th, d kept stepping up at times and giving the O chances to put points up, the O failed though. 3 first downs the entire second half? Yeah, thats the real problem. But to be somewhat expected when your starting QB goes down in a game and your backup has thrown 1 pass all season and that was in game 1. 

If a team can put up over 150 yards on the ground at will it is an issue. The Lions don't exactly have a Calgary or Saskatchewan level O-line so if they are rushing from 160 the scheme is being exploited. This could be really ugly against Cornish.

Lions may not have been able to hit 250, but I bet the Stamps will....

I wonder then If O'Shea will finally open his eyes

If a team can put up over 150 yards on the ground at will it is an issue. The Lions don't exactly have a Calgary or Saskatchewan level O-line so if they are rushing from 160 the scheme is being exploited. This could be really ugly against Cornish.

I'm not sure Bomber fans will want to watch the Calgary game without being being heavily sedated and maybe even in restraints. All signs point to it being a painful game to watch. With 5 of the past 6 games being losses and a real possibility of Willy being out, the team morale has to be sinking rapidly and a rout will be a deathblow to any fantasies we still have about being in the playoffs.

I'm not sure Bomber fans will want to watch the Calgary game without being being heavily sedated and maybe even in restraints. All signs point to it being a painful game to watch. With 5 of the past 6 games being losses and a real possibility of Willy being out, the team morale has to be sinking rapidly and a rout will be a deathblow to any fantasies we still have about being in the playoffs.

The Bombers are a good team in an excellent division.  They are on the right path but injuries, which are inevitable, have exposed a lack of depth when compared to the other four western teams.