Who said the run is not a problem?

Its funny tho as some posters here seem to think that if they complain loudly enough about an aspect of our team, the coaches will suddenly go "oh! Jeez.. They're right! Wtf have we been doing this whole time!"

Scream it at a wall, its about as effective as trying to tell our coaching staff what they are doing wrong... Over and over again..

I can gaurentee that walters and o'shea are not fiddling as rome burns... I bet it chaps their asses much worse then our own when we play poorly..

lol, it's a discussion forum, what else would be going on?

Its funny tho as some posters here seem to think that if they complain loudly enough about an aspect of our team, the coaches will suddenly go "oh! Jeez.. They're right! Wtf have we been doing this whole time!"

Scream it at a wall, its about as effective as trying to tell our coaching staff what they are doing wrong... Over and over again..

I can gaurentee that walters and o'shea are not fiddling as rome burns... I bet it chaps their asses much worse then our own when we play poorly..

How is it a discussion when its "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE O'Shea needs to do this! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE walters needs to find this!" discussions require 2 active paticipants... Most of these ones are statements...

How is it a discussion when its "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE O'Shea needs to do this! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE walters needs to find this!" discussions require 2 active paticipants... Most of these ones are statements...

Why not just stay out of it then? Why bash the people who want to state their opinions?

Oh The  Texas thing? Ahh ok, well then it doesn't exactly apply to posts on a fan forum then.  But ok. 

The term "drinking Kool-Aid" is in reference to a group suicide back in the day.  Everyone followed their cult leader, drank the poisonous Kool-Aid and died. 

Actually it's in reference to Reverend Jim Jones and his cult followers. The analogy goes like this: People are so fanatic in their belief that they drank poisoned Kool-aid, even knowing what it was. It's a common analogy to describe fanatics. Do you understand now?

Oh The  Texas thing? Ahh ok, well then it doesn't exactly apply to posts on a fan forum then.  But ok. 

The term "drinking Kool-Aid" is in reference to a group suicide back in the day.  Everyone followed their cult leader, drank the poisonous Kool-Aid and died. 

Actually it's in reference to Reverend Jim Jones and his cult followers. The analogy goes like this: People are so fanatic in their belief that they drank poisoned Kool-aid, even knowing what it was. It's a common analogy to describe fanatics. Do you understand now?

That would make everyone on here a kool-aid drinker then because the word fan is short for  fanatics.  Thanks for the explanation though kool-aid drinker. It still doesn't really apply to a football forum though, I mean really, the bombers are now a cult? o'shea is some cult leader? You do realize how stupid that sounds right? 

metaphor

[met-uh-fawr, -fer] 

noun
a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to somethingto which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest aresemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”.
Compare mixed metaphorsimile (def 1).

something used, or regarded as being used, to represent somethingelse; emblem; symbol.

That would make everyone on here a kool-aid drinker then because the word fan is short for  fanatics.  Thanks for the explanation though kool-aid drinker. It still doesn't really apply to a football forum though, I mean really, the bombers are now a cult? o'shea is some cult leader? You do realize how stupid that sounds right? 

Please go read the sharp edges sign again. You missed the point by a lightyear. If you don't understand why suggesting someone has "drank the kool-aid" is entirely appropriate in a sports forum, then YOU shouldn't be calling anyone stupid.

fa·nat·ic
fəˈnatik/
noun

1. 1.
    a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

MOS is being loyal to Etch. That's how I see it. Publicly anyway.

Would you rather the head coach announce that his d coordinator is garbage and useless and that with him controlling the defense that we have no chance to win?

I thought people hated Burke for throwing players and other coaches under the bus yet now the fans demand it?

I want the club to handle the run defense issue quietly by adding players, changing schemes or if necessary let go of etch during the off season.

I would lose a tonne of respect for o Shea if he started spouting negative things to the media.

MOS is being loyal to Etch. That's how I see it. Publicly anyway.

Would you rather the head coach announce that his d coordinator is garbage and useless and that with him controlling the defense that we have no chance to win?

I thought people hated Burke for throwing players and other coaches under the bus yet now the fans demand it?

I want the club to handle the run defense issue quietly by adding players, changing schemes or if necessary let go of etch during the off season.

I would lose a tonne of respect for o Shea if he started spouting negative things to the media.

This is exactly right.  How O'Shea handles this in the media and in the dressing room are likely two very different things.         

You can talk about Etchverry all you want but you must know that O'Shea holds Etcheverry's knowledge and passion for his defence in the highest esteem, and it would take quite a discussion between he, Walters and Miller to change directions in the off season…in my opinion.

This is the same D that held Andrew Harris to under 40 yards rushing the last time we played the lions though. However it was missing a few key pieces to it, Wild, Anderson, Those are big losses on D, can't kid ourselves there, those 2 are the biggest losses by far on this team, both are tackling machines really.  You take those guys out and replace them with basically rookies, guess thats what happens at times. 

Kool Aid drinkers? I've never understood that term, for one Kool Aid is pretty damn delicious, and for 2, what's it mean actually? That some people would rather see the positive than concentrate on the negative? What's wrong with that exactly? But i'm pretty sure it implies there are some people on here who regardless will look for the positives in every situation and not pay attention the negatives but i really don't see that, Maybe one or 2 people but most the board has been critical at times of certain aspects of the team, Kuale,Bryant, Etch when he was hired most knew the run would be a problem, But with that being said, I think most understand and as much as the team doesn't say it, THis is year 1 of a completely new regime, top to bottom really, the only actual leftover in terms of management or coaching from the start of last season is Walters is now the GM and not Macks wooping boy and Marcus Howell, everyone else from some members of the BOD to front office to President to GM to assitant GM's to scouting staff to coaches has changed. 

Think some are too quick to "jump off the bandwagon" at times, Is the run an issue? sure it is, is it costing us games? I'm not sure that it is actually, it seems to be the scapegoat though, it's the easy thing to point out but it's never just one thing, it's turnovers, it's the offence going stagnant at times, it's 2 and outs the entire second half last game with a green as goose crap qb who threw 1 pass prior to the second half. Does the team have issues? You bet, is it miles ahead of where it was last season and the last several seasons including the year where we went to the grey cup, Your damn rights... If we had this years offence and 2011's defence, we'd be well on our way too but... we don't.. we have a capable yet somewhat at times underperforming offence and a capable yet at times underwhelming defence. The problems in the losses seems to be, one of those 2 phases, one is playing well, the other isn't and to win a football game, you need both plus special teams to play well. It's not just one thing, that's too simple, Its like people who blame Kuale for the run sucking well Kuale was out last game in the second half and BC ran the ball the entire last 5 minutes of the game, No kuale in there yet still couldnt' stop it. Think some look for one or 2 things to blame for a loss and i don't think it's ever just one or 2 things that lead to losses. 

That was about US religious cult leader Jim Jones & his suck...errr.... followers in Guyana back in 1978.