Who said the run is not a problem?

I'm not sure why you're taking such a point against this. MOS said the running game isn't a problem for our D. It clearly is as evidenced again where another CFL team just runs roughshod over us.

Mike O'Shea still insists we are ok at handling the run... not sure I bought what he was selling a few weeks back but the more he keeps saying in the dumber it sounds..

When the run game falls in the toilet, like the fourth quarter tonight, people start bringing out stuff O'Shea never said.

He didn't say the running game isn't a problem, and he never insisted we are OK at handling the run.

Listen to what he actually says and you'll understand.

O'Shea has said, in the past, that he wasn't worried about the yards gained in those games he was asked about.

IMWT. Jesus not again...

If a team can put up over 150 yards on the ground at will it is an issue. The Lions don't exactly have a Calgary or Saskatchewan level O-line so if they are rushing from 160 the scheme is being exploited. This could be really ugly against Cornish.

Lions may not have been able to hit 250, but I bet the Stamps will....

I wonder then If O'Shea will finally open his eyes

I'm not sure Bomber fans will want to watch the Calgary game without being being heavily sedated and maybe even in restraints. All signs point to it being a painful game to watch. With 5 of the past 6 games being losses and a real possibility of Willy being out, the team morale has to be sinking rapidly and a rout will be a deathblow to any fantasies we still have about being in the playoffs.

The Bombers are a good team in an excellent division.  They are on the right path but injuries, which are inevitable, have exposed a lack of depth when compared to the other four western teams.

Injuries aside, teams have done a good job exploiting them.

IMWT. Jesus not again...

Don't know what you mean even though you put it so eloquently.

I just don't like fans putting words into our Coach's mouth, that eventually get repeated, when the actual words they use are not what O'Shea said in the first place.

Pretty sure MOS also said that he didnt think the run game WOULD be a problem as long as guys made their tackles and stayed in their lanes, something to that effect. This was at least a month ago. Since then we've given up over  6 yards a carry easily for a month.

Pretty sure MOS also said that he didnt think the run game WOULD be a problem as long as guys made their tackles and stayed in their lanes, something to that effect. This was at least a month ago. Since then we've given up over  6 yards a carry easily for a month.

So, as long as they stayed in their gaps, and made their tackles, the run defence would work….sounds about right.

So, what does that tell you?

Pretty sure MOS also said that he didnt think the run game WOULD be a problem as long as guys made their tackles and stayed in their lanes, something to that effect. This was at least a month ago. Since then we've given up over  6 yards a carry easily for a month.

So, as long as they stayed in their gaps, and made their tackles, the run defence would work….sounds about right.

It means 1 of 3 things.

1) He has the wrong scheme for the players

2) His players arent good enough

3) His players arent being coached properly

or a combination.

A lot of this lands on Etch but O'Shea is a defensive minded coach and likely spends a lot of time there.

That it isn't working. I'll leave that for you to figure out.

IMWT. Jesus not again...

Don't know what you mean even though you put it so eloquently.

Well then you should think harder and try and figure out what it means.

Pretty sure MOS also said that he didnt think the run game WOULD be a problem as long as guys made their tackles and stayed in their lanes, something to that effect. This was at least a month ago. Since then we've given up over  6 yards a carry easily for a month.

No, it's you that figured it out, maybe,

Not once did i say it was working, nor did I say I agree with the concept.

All I said …….was not to put words in O'Shea's mouth that he didn't say.

I didn't say he said anything. I just alluded to the "everything is ok" attitude shown by some posters during the Joe Mack era. We don't need a repeat of that. What I'm seeing is buck-passing: "We'd be fine, if everybody just does their jobs". Sounds like typical corporate ass-covering to me. I'll take a lot of heat for not being on the MOS bandwagon, but I don't hate the guy. And I'm sure given time, he'll be a very good coach. But I must say, he's almost Kelly-esque in his denial of failure. Let the flames begin!

I didn't say he said anything. I just alluded to the "everything is ok" attitude shown by some posters during the Joe Mack era. We don't need a repeat of that. What I'm seeing is buck-passing: "We'd be fine, if everybody just does their jobs". Sounds like typical corporate ass-covering to me. I'll take a lot of heat for not being on the MOS bandwagon, but I don't hate the guy. And I'm sure given time, he'll be a very good coach. But I must say, he's almost Kelly-esque in his denial of failure. Let the flames begin!

And we have no idea what happens behind closed doors, which is where 99% of coaching is happening.  Do you think MOS says, "no problems, good job boys" when they are reviewing film?  Highly doubt it.  Can almost guarantee guys are getting chewed out and coached up by MOS and their position coaches.  Don't put too much stock into what the media gets or doesn't get.

And we have no idea what happens behind closed doors, which is where 99% of coaching is happening.  Do you think MOS says, "no problems, good job boys" when they are reviewing film?  Highly doubt it.  Can almost guarantee guys are getting chewed out and coached up by MOS and their position coaches.  Don't put too much stock into what the media gets or doesn't get.

I guess there 2 ways to evaluate a team: Results on the field and what the coach tells the fans is happening. He seems to have a blase attitude in speaking with the press. I find that off-putting. 

I'm an O'shea fan, but this quote is like saying that if you step in front of a bus, you'll be alright if you hold your ground and don't get mushed.

I'm an O'shea fan, but this quote is like saying that if you step in front of a bus, you'll be alright if you hold your ground and don't get mushed.

Really, that's what your mind comes up with?  A bus fare scenario?

Really, that's what your mind comes up with?  A bus fare scenario?

Where does he mention bus fare?

Its funny tho as some posters here seem to think that if they complain loudly enough about an aspect of our team, the coaches will suddenly go "oh! Jeez.. They're right! Wtf have we been doing this whole time!"

Scream it at a wall, its about as effective as trying to tell our coaching staff what they are doing wrong... Over and over again..

I can gaurentee that walters and o'shea are not fiddling as rome burns... I bet it chaps their asses much worse then our own when we play poorly..

Pretty sure MOS also said that he didnt think the run game WOULD be a problem as long as guys made their tackles and stayed in their lanes, something to that effect. This was at least a month ago. Since then we've given up over 6 yards a carry easily for a month.

so your saying o'shea and etch are putting defenders in the box and they are getting ran over by the hugely massive bus-like football players? Huh. Dont recall any dlineman or LBs looking like they were mushed... Seemed like for the first 3quarters the run game was held in check...

I hate to say it Spuds, but if you can't stop the run in the fourth, you can't stop the run at all... It's easily the most important Quarter you need to be able to stop the run in so that they can't run the clock out on you when you're losing

I think it's very obvious our beloved team has shown incapable and even the biggest kool aid drinkers have to see that Mike O'Shea is wrong on this one

This is the same D that held Andrew Harris to under 40 yards rushing the last time we played the lions though. However it was missing a few key pieces to it, Wild, Anderson, Those are big losses on D, can't kid ourselves there, those 2 are the biggest losses by far on this team, both are tackling machines really.  You take those guys out and replace them with basically rookies, guess thats what happens at times. 

Kool Aid drinkers? I've never understood that term, for one Kool Aid is pretty damn delicious, and for 2, what's it mean actually? That some people would rather see the positive than concentrate on the negative? What's wrong with that exactly? But i'm pretty sure it implies there are some people on here who regardless will look for the positives in every situation and not pay attention the negatives but i really don't see that, Maybe one or 2 people but most the board has been critical at times of certain aspects of the team, Kuale,Bryant, Etch when he was hired most knew the run would be a problem, But with that being said, I think most understand and as much as the team doesn't say it, THis is year 1 of a completely new regime, top to bottom really, the only actual leftover in terms of management or coaching from the start of last season is Walters is now the GM and not Macks wooping boy and Marcus Howell, everyone else from some members of the BOD to front office to President to GM to assitant GM's to scouting staff to coaches has changed. 

Think some are too quick to "jump off the bandwagon" at times, Is the run an issue? sure it is, is it costing us games? I'm not sure that it is actually, it seems to be the scapegoat though, it's the easy thing to point out but it's never just one thing, it's turnovers, it's the offence going stagnant at times, it's 2 and outs the entire second half last game with a green as goose crap qb who threw 1 pass prior to the second half. Does the team have issues? You bet, is it miles ahead of where it was last season and the last several seasons including the year where we went to the grey cup, Your damn rights... If we had this years offence and 2011's defence, we'd be well on our way too but... we don't.. we have a capable yet somewhat at times underperforming offence and a capable yet at times underwhelming defence. The problems in the losses seems to be, one of those 2 phases, one is playing well, the other isn't and to win a football game, you need both plus special teams to play well. It's not just one thing, that's too simple, Its like people who blame Kuale for the run sucking well Kuale was out last game in the second half and BC ran the ball the entire last 5 minutes of the game, No kuale in there yet still couldnt' stop it. Think some look for one or 2 things to blame for a loss and i don't think it's ever just one or 2 things that lead to losses. 

This is the same D that held Andrew Harris to under 40 yards rushing the last time we played the lions though. However it was missing a few key pieces to it, Wild, Anderson, Those are big losses on D, can't kid ourselves there, those 2 are the biggest losses by far on this team, both are tackling machines really.  You take those guys out and replace them with basically rookies, guess thats what happens at times. 

Kool Aid drinkers? I've never understood that term, for one Kool Aid is pretty damn delicious, and for 2, what's it mean actually? That some people would rather see the positive than concentrate on the negative? What's wrong with that exactly? But i'm pretty sure it implies there are some people on here who regardless will look for the positives in every situation and not pay attention the negatives but i really don't see that, Maybe one or 2 people but most the board has been critical at times of certain aspects of the team, Kuale,Bryant, Etch when he was hired most knew the run would be a problem, But with that being said, I think most understand and as much as the team doesn't say it, THis is year 1 of a completely new regime, top to bottom really, the only actual leftover in terms of management or coaching from the start of last season is Walters is now the GM and not Macks wooping boy and Marcus Howell, everyone else from some members of the BOD to front office to President to GM to assitant GM's to scouting staff to coaches has changed. 

Think some are too quick to "jump off the bandwagon" at times, Is the run an issue? sure it is, is it costing us games? I'm not sure that it is actually, it seems to be the scapegoat though, it's the easy thing to point out but it's never just one thing, it's turnovers, it's the offence going stagnant at times, it's 2 and outs the entire second half last game with a green as goose crap qb who threw 1 pass prior to the second half. Does the team have issues? You bet, is it miles ahead of where it was last season and the last several seasons including the year where we went to the grey cup, Your damn rights... If we had this years offence and 2011's defence, we'd be well on our way too but... we don't.. we have a capable yet somewhat at times underperforming offence and a capable yet at times underwhelming defence. The problems in the losses seems to be, one of those 2 phases, one is playing well, the other isn't and to win a football game, you need both plus special teams to play well. It's not just one thing, that's too simple, Its like people who blame Kuale for the run sucking well Kuale was out last game in the second half and BC ran the ball the entire last 5 minutes of the game, No kuale in there yet still couldnt' stop it. Think some look for one or 2 things to blame for a loss and i don't think it's ever just one or 2 things that lead to losses. 

The term "drinking Kool-Aid" is in reference to a group suicide back in the day.  Everyone followed their cult leader, drank the poisonous Kool-Aid and died. 

The term "drinking Kool-Aid" is in reference to a group suicide back in the day.  Everyone followed their cult leader, drank the poisonous Kool-Aid and died. 

Oh The  Texas thing? Ahh ok, well then it doesn't exactly apply to posts on a fan forum then.  But ok.