Who said the run is not a problem?

2 home games vs the Riders, Bomber defense gave up 17 TOTAL points that weren't off turnovers.  The rest, 36 points, came from special teams and turnovers.

Defense did more than enough for the Bombers to win both games in Winnipeg against Saskatchewan.  The games in Winnipeg were handed to the Riders.

We gave up 200 yds rushing. Kind of cancels out the nice passing stats. 

but only one TD drive given up. D and O weren't the reasons this game was a loss, it's all on the special teams gaffes and the penalties. 

This is how Stamps fans are talking about their defense giving up big plays to Edmonton last night. Hey, we gave up some big plays. But so what we still won. What's Calgary best known for? The Big Choke in the playoffs. I think we'll see them give up too many big plays on defense  in the Western Final & lose again. MOS can't be happy with 200 yds rushing on the ground. If he is, well he's living in a dream world. 

Is Chamblin thrilled with giving up 360 yards passing?

Sask just runs the ball, they run the ball versus every team, they are a team built to run the ball. Honestly, I think the RUN D when we play heavier backs is a problem but when we don't, It's not as much, guys like allen and messam who run north south are a problem, Cornish would be a problem, but with that being said, I don't think the RUN D cost us the game or any game for that matter, Maybe last weeks but even then, we made several mistakes in other facets of the game. 

Look at fords average, then look at Allens and Messams, the bigger backs are a problem for us, we don't have the players to stop these big bruising backs but finesse backs, like most the league has, we seem to do OK against. 

Not really, Leggett was making first contact on most running backs as the Bombers continued to empty the middle of the field, even when Sask was in the I formation and everyone knew what was coming, Etch's incredibly stupid alignments cause most if not all the problems.

You do realize sask runs on every team right, they average like 150 yards rushing a game.... It means they run on everyone, not just the bombers. 

Not really, Leggett was making first contact on most running backs as the Bombers continued to empty the middle of the field, even when Sask was in the I formation and everyone knew what was coming, Etch's incredibly stupid alignments cause most if not all the problems.

You do realize sask runs on every team right, they average like 150 yards rushing a game.... It means they run on everyone, not just the bombers.

So why empty the middle of the field then?

I don't want to hear another damn thing about the run defence losing games.

Just didn't happen.

Of course you realize that while the teams were racking up 800 yards of rushing during the last five games we were unable to get the ball and score ourselves right? They might not have scored but using 6 minutes and more on drives meant we lost a huge amount of time.

You have to look at the consequences.

So why empty the middle of the field then?

Etch, here a question for you.

Just didn't happen.

Of course you realize that while the teams were racking up 800 yards of rushing during the last five games we were unable to get the ball and score ourselves right? They might not have scored but using 6 minutes and more on drives meant we lost a huge amount of time.

You have to look at the consequences.

We all know that running takes up time…for both teams.

You can run the field and take up 6-7 minutes and score aTD.

The the other team can pass the ball in 3-4 minutes and score a TD.

I assume you saw the game. 

196 yards running vs. 360 yards passing.

Good stats for either team, I would say.

All Sask need on was 16 points on STs

Can they rely on that next week too?

My 2 cents. This year's outfit is miles and miles ahead of last year. I really hope suggesting otherwise was an attempt at humour.

Run D, in tough again. On the plus side, tackling seemed a bit sharper. End of the day, 14 pts, 14 first downs and 300 yds against is a pretty solid effort by the defence. Offence did enough, but not when it mattered.... ill advised throw sucked the the life outta that place. I thought Drew had plenty of time to throw all night, and when he didn't, he stepped up and got rid of it. Special teams and untimely calls against cost us this one.

I had a great time though, sec 209 brought the noise all day. Rider 5 beside us shared some mini donuts, so hard to be too mad at them.

Something's not adding up.

The Twitter side bar says the Riders have had 5, 100 yard rushing games this year.

3 of those against us, meaning they only managed 2 in the other 7 games?

Sure sounds like a top notch run game to me, only 2 in the other 7 games, are they really that good or are the Bombers just that bad at stopping it, odds say the later.

The Twitter side bar says the Riders have had 5, 100 yard rushing games this year.

Sure sounds like a top notch run game to me, only 2 in the other 7 games, are they really that good or are the Bombers just that bad at stopping it, odds say the later.

Its more of a commentary on how bad the east's pass defence is.... Durant lit up Ottawa and Toronto this year

Well it's kind of misleading since they use a balanced attack and also a few times Chamblin pulled guys because of fumbling (Charles) despite them having 80 - 90 yards up until that point.

100 yard games by individual backs.  They've been alternating 2 and 3 backs in almost every game this season.

Just didn't happen.

I didn't say the run D lost the game. if our run d was better and not allow teams to march te field, up and down at will we would have the ball alot more and we would be kicking butt.

We are a greatly improved team and will be alot better once we address our inability of stop teamto from running at will.

I agree ST lost the game along with some stupid penalties.