Max Hall arrested for shoplifting and cocaine possession

Mr. Perfect

Using coke in crack form is about as hardcore as it gets, followed by mainlining. And yup, very expensive- the late Robin Williams had his struggle with the stuff and said, "Cocaine is nature's way of telling you that you have too much money." Cocaine users get to go to Hell before they die. Its that corrosive to life.

Oh ease up surgeon general.. Its a horrible drug but its no meth,heroin, krocodile, oxy or even mdma.. The fact he is injecting it tho tells me he has an addictive personality and probably stuggles mightily with addictive substances.. Hopefully he gets the help he deserves..

Wouldn't lump in MDMA with that. 

Pure, pharmaceutical MDMA -- the stuff developed by Bayer in the '20's, not the garbage street drug or Molly -- is being considered as a (highly controlled) psychotherapy drug for its ability to break down psychological treatment barriers. Fascinating stuff. 

Using coke in crack form is about as hardcore as it gets, followed by mainlining. And yup, very expensive- the late Robin Williams had his struggle with the stuff and said, "Cocaine is nature's way of telling you that you have too much money." Cocaine users get to go to Hell before they die. Its that corrosive to life.

Oh ease up surgeon general.. Its a horrible drug but its no meth,heroin, krocodile, oxy or even mdma.. The fact he is injecting it tho tells me he has an addictive personality and probably stuggles mightily with addictive substances.. Hopefully he gets the help he deserves..

Pure, pharmaceutical MDMA -- the stuff developed by Bayer in the '20's, not the garbage street drug or Molly -- is being considered as a (highly controlled) psychotherapy drug for its ability to break down psychological treatment barriers. Fascinating stuff. 

If the Feds in the US would get out of the way there is really convincing research that MDMA could make chronic PTSD a thing of the past. 

Then again... a lot of illegal drugs have other potential uses that gets blocked by their illegality - low dose LSD (daily dose of a 1/10 of a regular hit) is apparently (their is a big subculture experimenting with medical uses) a much better solution to ADD/ADHD.  It resolves the attention issues without turning the kid into a zombie like ritalin.

It's too bad Hall was devastated by being cut but that's pro sports, and Brohm beat him out for number two and he was too expensive to be kept as the number 3 development guy.  If Alex Brink and Joey Elliott have demonstrated anything though, if you keep in shape and keep your agent going on the phone, there's room for several more lives in this league, apparently.  I'd have rather had Hall (pre-drugs of course) on my roster as a back-up than Brink, that's for sure.

... let's not even try to rationalize cocaine or crack use here.  They're no mary jane, that's for damn sure.

If the Feds in the US would get out of the way there is really convincing research that MDMA could make chronic PTSD a thing of the past.

Then again... a lot of illegal drugs have other potential uses that gets blocked by their illegality - low dose LSD (daily dose of a 1/10 of a regular hit) is apparently (their is a big subculture experimenting with medical uses) a much better solution to ADD/ADHD. It resolves the attention issues without turning the kid into a zombie like ritalin.

While I do agree with both of you... Real, pure MDMA is next to impossible to locate due to the manufacture of it requires chemicals that are next to impossible to obtain.. So "MDMA" that the kids get now is incrediblly toxic and dangerous..

So in summation, i was referencing the street edition, not the good stuff that could benefit people..

... let's not even try to rationalize cocaine or crack use here. They're no mary jane, that's for damn sure.

Not rationizing it at all but the fact remains its not anywhere near as bad as the others I mentioned.. Also, its not as taboo as one would think... Lotta people have tried it or use it..

... let's not even try to rationalize cocaine or crack use here. They're no mary jane, that's for damn sure.

Not rationizing it at all but the fact remains its not anywhere near as bad as the others I mentioned.. Also, its not as taboo as one would think... Lotta people have tried it or use it..

Yeah, that's the most surprising thing -- how relatively common it is amongst young people. Considering how bad it really is (and make no mistake, it can and does ruin lives), I don't know why anyone would even take the chance.

Besides, people on coke act like f*cking as*holes.

Yeah, that's the most surprising thing -- how relatively common it is amongst young people. Considering how bad it really is (and make no mistake, it can and does ruin lives), I don't know why anyone would even take the chance.

Besides, people on coke act like f*cking as*holes.

Yup.. True on both counts.. It can definitely ruin a life and it has done so countless times.. Some people cannot handle how addictive it is.. And I too have come across my fair share of blowed out douchebags.. Know what's a great mix?? Coke, roids and alcohol.. A hyper violent, pain numbed, jacked up juice monkey is always a fun person to deal with..

I thought Max Hall would stick around as the backup. Who knows, maybe Hall's drug problems were manifesting themselves & that's one of the reasons he was cut. he didn't have a great pre season. Maybe that's why. 

I don't know. I think if he was using coke when he was here that someone would have known about it and people wouldn't be so shocked by it. 

I thought Max Hall would stick around as the backup. Who knows, maybe Hall's drug problems were manifesting themselves & that's one of the reasons he was cut. he didn't have a great pre season. Maybe that's why. 

I don't know. I think if he was using coke when he was here that someone would have known about it and people wouldn't be so shocked by it. 

The ones shocked by it are the fans, who would be the last to know.  You can't tell me no one on any of the CFL teams are doing those drugs just because we don't hear about it or they don't get caught.

A CFL dressing room is a small eco system representative of society.   A percentage of those people are going to be doing drugs.

Injecting anything is pretty much the most dangerous drug to do, particularly street drugs.  Any impurities and you're dead.  Injecting cocaine is on par with injecting heroin, most people who do one will do the other, and sometimes both, which is the quickest way to die.

The ones shocked by it are the fans, who would be the last to know.  You can't tell me no one on any of the CFL teams are doing those drugs just because we don't hear about it or they don't get caught.

It isn't just fans who were shocked. People with the team have said they were shocked by the news as well.