Rider billboards

Fraser

I just get tired of Rider players like Ford taking offense to something a dumb BC Lions President said & being "disrespected" yet the Riders deliberately put these billboards up in every western city they play. Well Glen Skulsky just cost the Lions a reported $2 million dollars. 

Well Glen Skulsky just cost the Lions a reported $2 million dollars.

I doubt it's $2 million when all is said and done, though I am going to hit up relatives now who were at the game for a free ticket to the BC - Bomber game in Sept. Ha ha - you can take the kid out of Manitoba but you can't take the Manitoba out of the kid!

And you are blaming the wrong Glen here, that game was BC's to lose, and Kevin Glenn did absolutely nothing yesterday. Painful to watch. If Skulsky still had hair it would have all been pulled out by the end of the game. I am hoping for BC's sakes that this means Lulay is back, though on that end of game bomb it appeared that Lulay is still only capable of throwing a ball 40 yards maximum.

I just get tired of Rider players like Ford taking offense to something a dumb BC Lions President said & being "disrespected" yet the Riders deliberately put these billboards up in every western city they play. Well Glen Skulsky just cost the Lions a reported $2 million dollars.

Maybe a rough estimate. You have to factor in how many people went just cause it was guaranteed win night.

How much is spent on concessions by return visitors.

Ie if a seat sells for 80 bucks and wasn't going to sell, if you fill it for free but the patron buys beer and food, are you really out 80 dollars?

Maybe a rough estimate. You have to factor in how many people went just cause it was guaranteed win night.

How much is spent on concessions by return visitors.

Ie if a seat sells for 80 bucks and wasn't going to sell, if you fill it for free but the patron buys beer and food, are you really out 80 dollars?

This

Who the Heck is Glenn Skulsky ?

Dennis Skulsky is the President, C.E.O and Alternate Governor of the Lions, not sure who Glenn is.

http://bclions.com/dennis-skulsky

As for the billboard, I guess the individuals the Riders pay the big bucks to for marketing can only come up with one idea every year. Replace the word Blue with Orange and there's Vancouver's billboard. Honestly I expected better.

I don't understand the thought process behind these billboards. Do they think the Rider fans living in those cities need a reminder that the team is coming to town? As a Bomber fan living in Calgary I can assure you the first thing I look at on the schedule is when the Bombers are in Alberta. Do they think they'll convert people? I doubt it. Seems like they're simply pissing away money in an attempt to what? pat themselves on the back? Antagonize another fanbase? How does this investment pay off for them?

Who the Heck is Glenn Skulsky ?

Dennis Skulsky is the President, C.E.O and Alternate Governor of the Lions, not sure who Glenn is.

http://bclions.com/dennis-skulsky

As for the billboard, I guess the individuals the Riders pay the big bucks to for marketing can only come up with one idea every year. Replace the word Blue with Orange and there's Vancouver's billboard. Honestly I expected better.

Glen is his twin brother who is the real brains of the operation. David Braley has a twin brother who runs the Argos.

I don't understand the thought process behind these billboards. Do they think the Rider fans living in those cities need a reminder that the team is coming to town? As a Bomber fan living in Calgary I can assure you the first thing I look at on the schedule is when the Bombers are in Alberta. Do they think they'll convert people? I doubt it. Seems like they're simply pissing away money in an attempt to what? pat themselves on the back? Antagonize another fanbase? How does this investment pay off for them?

I don't mind it actually. I think it's a good "FU" to the fans in the city they are playing, and if they don't like it, they can put down some dough and come to the game to boo the Riders. I'm just glad that it's the Riders doing this, and not the Bombers, as it's pretty arrogant. The only thing is that this billboard strategy would probably back-fire in Toronto as the people of Toronto would say "Green is the new Double Blue? The Blue Jays are playing the Oakland A's this week?"

I don't mind it actually. I think it's a good "FU" to the fans in the city they are playing, and if they don't like it, they can put down some dough and come to the game to boo the Riders. I'm just glad that it's the Riders doing this, and not the Bombers, as it's pretty arrogant. The only thing is that this billboard strategy would probably back-fire in Toronto as the people of Toronto would say "Green is the new Double Blue? The Blue Jays are playing the Oakland A's this week?"

I just have a hard time seeing where the payoff is for them.. yeah it's marketing for the other team, but are the Riders really so loaded they're going to do the marketing for other teams now? The cheapskate in me doesn't see the profit in that expense