Will Ottawa win another game this year?

BomberFan

Ottawa brought this on themselves... Lets recap the brilliance of their GM.

Expansion draft

He takes a centre who said he was going to retire

He takes a QB they didn't want

He takes a guy from Winnipeg who had no intentions of leaving Winnipeg

Free Agent Day

Signs a bunch of nobodies and a almost 40 year old qb who is getting paid way way too much

Had a full year to find 'new talent' but their best players are all guys they took in the expansion draft

Walker, Shologan, Capicotti, Miles

Honestly, I don't' feel bad for them at all, Their GM deserves this. 

There honestly isn't a way to put a bunch of guys who haven't played together before and make them a very good team out of the gate, especially with the unique factor of the import ratio in the CFL.  Short of completely screwing over the existing teams, you can't build a solid base of Canadians from 2 drafts and taking 2 NI's from each team.

That's why all the talk about an expansion draft being fair or unfair is just plain stupid.  The team is going to stink either way, by taking good players from existing teams, they just guaranteed that the whole league will stink too, which it has.

Expansion draft

Free Agent Day

Signs a bunch of nobodies and a almost 40 year old qb who is getting paid way way too much

Had a full year to find 'new talent' but their best players are all guys they took in the expansion draft

I feel bad for their fans, first year back in the league and the get dealt a crap sandwich. Somewhat in the way we've all felt here the past few years. That's all.

There honestly isn't a way to put a bunch of guys who haven't played together before and make them a very good team out of the gate, especially with the unique factor of the import ratio in the CFL.  Short of completely screwing over the existing teams, you can't build a solid base of Canadians from 2 drafts and taking 2 NI's from each team.

That's why all the talk about an expansion draft being fair or unfair is just plain stupid.  The team is going to stink either way, by taking good players from existing teams, they just guaranteed that the whole league will stink too, which it has.

Tell that to Arash Madani. His bitching on Twitter about the expansion draft is laughable.

Expansion draft

Free Agent Day

I feel bad for their fans, first year back in the league and the get dealt a crap sandwich. Somewhat in the way we've all felt here the past few years. That's all.

I think if their fans expected them to be very good, they were kidding themselves. If you go back in time and look at the expansion threads about Ottawa, it was almost unanimous on this forum that they wouldn't be very good.  

Expansion draft

Free Agent Day

I think if their fans expected them to be very good, they were kidding themselves. If you go back in time and look at the expansion threads about Ottawa, it was almost unanimous on this forum that they wouldn't be very good.  

Did someone crap in your cornflakes today or are you always antagonistic?

I think the Redblacks will win one or two more this year, but thats about it.  I expect they will be active in signing NFL cuts, especially looking for a difference making receiver with big speed to stretch the defense.  They could use a couple of better DB's too.

Burris definitely seems to have checked out in the last few weeks.... that offense has zero spark... they also have zero talent at receiver and questionable play calling.

Why isn't Chevon Walker seeing the ball more times?  That guy is the only threat they have on offense yet they don't ever dump it off to him?

Worst quality football ever & I agree the CFL sacrificed quality to help the redblacks & even that, with supposedly better players available in the draft they still can't win. And so was hiring a French Canadian because he's billingual even though he was a disaster as a GM in Hamilton. 

Expansion draft

Free Agent Day

Did someone crap in your cornflakes today or are you always antagonistic?

Huh? What kind of a comment is that?

Why isn't Chevon Walker seeing the ball more times?  That guy is the only threat they have on offense yet they don't ever dump it off to him?

Cause Chevon Walker isn't all that good of a running back. The reason Hamilton moved on from him is that he is yet another all or nothing running back. He'll either make a huge play or be stopped for short gains. 

Question should be will Henry Burris start another game this year?

I'm thinking it's time to move on from him, he needs to quit football after this year, guy's lost his touch.

I kept telling people there's a reason the Stampeders threw him out the door, if he still had as much talent these days as some folks around here think he does, there's no way the Stamps ever would've done that.  No way.

If I'm Campbell, I make DeMarco the starter starting this weekend.  No exceptions.