Bombers Sign Deangelis

Jpan85

Palardy has been super super solid for us for 3 seasons now. He has a *slightly* less powerful leg than some other kickers, but I'll take him from 42 and in over this washed up headcase any day.

We really are going to be worse than Ottawa in 2013 if this keeps up. Yeesh!

I read he was working on his punting. We do need the help there. Renaud can't even hold consistently anymore.

Renaud is tied with Maver for highest punting avg in the league at 45yrds.  He does struggle at times on placement i will say that.  Palardy is one of the most consistant FG kickers we have had in a long time. I thought our kickers were actually pretty good this year.  Did they sign him just for kickoffs??  Has any team ever had 3 kickers do three different jobs?

The last two years he has done kickoffs (2010, 2012) he was at the bottom of the league for kickoff average.

Yes, below Palardy.

No....! Really?!  Then what on earth is the point?! Palardy's game is easy for even a novice fan: accurate, but not a strong leg. Give him FG's inside the 40 and he's money. Field position seems to be a big problem this year. If Sandro's no better for distance, than WTF. Also, I hear Sandro is quite the teammate.....not.

Head scratcher #287324890723 in recent Bomber memory...

Come on guys...this is a 1 - 5 team and we're questioning the moves?  Many have been looking for Palardy to get an extra 10 yards on his kick offs.  Maybe that's why Dickenson called up his good buddy 

but the replacement doesn't have any noticable advantage in leg strength. I think it's fair to question moves made to areas that aren't the primary concern. Where's the receiver signings? The OL signings? The QB signings? These are areas that should be addressed first and foremost. 

but the replacement doesn't have any noticable advantage in leg strength. I think it's fair to question moves made to areas that aren't the primary concern. Where's the receiver signings? The OL signings? The QB signings? These are areas that should be addressed first and foremost. 

I think they are looking for better placement on the kickoffs. Trying to get it between the numbers and sideline with out the kicks out bounds that Palardy has been prone to.

I'm not much of a fan of the DeAngelis signing per se, but considering our field position stats - Bombers average start on their own 35, and the opponents start on their 43 yard line (worst in the league), then I feel, as we all knew, kicking has to be better.

*Thanks to Stats Junkie for digging up this info.