Bombers Sign Deangelis

Jpan85

Silly me.  Here I was thinking that fixing our quarterback/offense situation should've been our top priority when all this time the real reason we're 1-5 has been because of our kicker.  Well glad to see we've remedied the issue.  Things should definitely turn around for us now.

Yeah if he isn't better at kickoffs... eh.  Just keep them in bounds and I'll be happy.  There were a few that REALLY screwed them over.  And, seeing as we rarely score points, that's a pretty high percentage of screw ups and kills all the momentum we had.  That said, Palardy hasn't been the best kicker either.

... I see Parades and I cry a little.

Not sure why we cut him. Its not like Palardy was a superstar placekicker at the time. He was fairly accurate inside the forty, but he had a supremely weak leg as he does now.

Well, to be fair to the Bombers, nobody knew Paredes would be this good of a kicker. Paredes had to beat out 2 other kickers in a tryout with the Stamps. He was a little known kicker from the CIS at the time.

exactly, people have to stop pretending like he was a sure thing that the bombers cut. Not like Palardy has been inaccurate, he has a good kicking percentage himself. People are just obsessed with what they don't have. 

exactly, people have to stop pretending like he was a sure thing that the bombers cut. Not like Palardy has been inaccurate, he has a good kicking percentage himself. People are just obsessed with what they don't have. 

The Stamps got amazingly lucky. Like they won Lotto Max.

Well, to be fair to the Bombers, nobody knew Paredes would be this good of a kicker. Paredes had to beat out 2 other kickers in a tryout with the Stamps. He was a little known kicker from the CIS at the time.

I thought he got his shot because maver was hurt and just never looked back so even if he was on out PR I'm sure calgary would have plucked him when maver got hurt.

The CFL has some extremely stupid rules. When the Stamps convert was blocked last game, the Riders were penalized for No Yards. What kind of frigging rule is that? The team that blocks a convert or FG & it crosses the LOS & the blocking team gets a penalty???? Bush league.

The CFL has some extremely stupid rules. When the Stamps convert was blocked last game, the Riders were penalized for No Yards. What kind of frigging rule is that? The team that blocks a convert or FG & it crosses the LOS & the blocking team gets a penalty???? Bush league.

Get this ... Brenden Labatte has legitimately been called for pass interference this year.

How does that happen?

Huh? The call was legit. Labbatte committed pass interface on the play they ran where dressler I think it was passed to durant on a gadget.

These are the kind of dumb rules that really make the CFL look bad. Especially down east where the NFL is king. Canadians who are NFL fans only just look at no yards on a blocked convert, a blocked FG attempt that isn't considered an attempt because the ball never crossed the LOS & an OL being called for PI as being something to laugh at. To me, there's still too many old rugby style rules still in the books that need to be cleaned out.

These are the kind of dumb rules that really make the CFL look bad. Especially down east where the NFL is king. Canadians who are NFL fans only just look at no yards on a blocked convert, a blocked FG attempt that isn't considered an attempt because the ball never crossed the LOS & an OL being called for PI as being something to laugh at. To me, there's still too many old rugby style rules still in the books that need to be cleaned out.

I wouldn't change the game to appease those people. They will hate the CFL no matter what.  Even if you played with full NFL rules, they wouldn't watch it because it isn't the "best" players.

If you want to make an argument to change a rule to make the game better for the people who watch it, then that should be discussed.

I wouldn't change the game to appease those people. They will hate the CFL no matter what.  Even if you played with full NFL rules, they wouldn't watch it because it isn't the "best" players.

If you want to make an argument to change a rule to make the game better for the people who watch it, then that should be discussed.

Alright, I watch the CFL & others who do have said the same thing on this thread. I think the rules I mentioned are stupid.