Bombers Sign Deangelis

Jpan85

I'm not much of a fan of the DeAngelis signing per se, but considering our field position stats - Bombers average start on their own 35, and the opponents start on their 43 yard line (worst in the league), then I feel, as we all knew, kicking has to be better.

Apparently all of DeAngelis' stats are worse than Palardy's. If all they wanted was longer kickoffs they should have kept the Non Import Aussie Kicker.

*Thanks to Stats Junkie for digging up this info.

I'm not much of a fan of the DeAngelis signing per se, but considering our field position stats - Bombers average start on their own 35, and the opponents start on their 43 yard line (worst in the league), then I feel, as we all knew, kicking has to be better.

*Thanks to Stats Junkie for digging up this info.

Apparently all of DeAngelis' stats are worse than Palardy's. If all they wanted was longer kickoffs they should have kept the Non Import Aussie Kicker.

I can't argue with that logic but, Burke And Dickenson have worked with the SandMan before.

I can only take that as their logic for this questionable signing.

Yeah if he isn't better at kickoffs... eh.  Just keep them in bounds and I'll be happy.  There were a few that REALLY screwed them over.  And, seeing as we rarely score points, that's a pretty high percentage of screw ups and kills all the momentum we had.  That said, Palardy hasn't been the best kicker either.

... I see Parades and I cry a little.

Yeah if he isn't better at kickoffs... eh.  Just keep them in bounds and I'll be happy.  There were a few that REALLY screwed them over.  And, seeing as we rarely score points, that's a pretty high percentage of screw ups and kills all the momentum we had.  That said, Palardy hasn't been the best kicker either.

... I see Parades and I cry a little.

Parades make me cry too.

Annnnnd Sandra gets the starting gig.....wow this week is shaping up to be a doozie!

like in 2010 when I went to the game in August against Hamilton only to watch Buck get hurt in the first quarter and Mike Renaud kicking converts as the field-goal kicker that we had just signed after cutting the smurf Serna got hurt in warm-ups.