Practice Updates: Swiston In For Morley, Watson/demond Back, Hall #1

Mike

Have you seen Marcel's teams, the guy is no savior, far from it. All we did was hire another idiot to join the rest of the idiots.

Wikipedia says this about him: "From 2003 to 2007 the Hamilton Tiger-Cats had a record of 22-60-1. Under Bellefeuille (from 2008 to 2011) they were 26-28, making the playoffs every season and going to the East Final in 2011".

So it looks to me like he took a crap team and made contenders out of them in short order, exactly what we need right now! I have seen his teams and they weren't that bad, especially on offense. He certainly knows the CFL game much better than Crowton. What makes you think he's an idiot?

"I'm going to leave it up to them". "It's not my job"? "My expertise is on defense?" Wow, wow, wow, ******* wow.

hated it when he said it, hate it after processing it, terrible attitude from a head coach. Yes Tim it IS your job to decide who the starter is. If you want to listen to your co-ordinators that's fine but ultimately it is your job. 

Yeah, that idiot has been making this stupid comments ever since he's been hired, how he was not kicked to the curb in the offseason after making comments like that as a HC is beyond me.

Man, talking about telling the world you should never have been hired as a head coach. So, Mack fired a guy (LaPo) who knew offense, defense & special teams for a 1 dimensional defensive coordinator who admits he knows nothing about offense??? WTH???

Man, talking about telling the world you should never have been hired as a head coach. So, Mack fired a guy (LaPo) who knew offense, defense & special teams for a 1 dimensional defensive coordinator who admits he knows nothing about offense??? WTH???

Is this where we question whether Mack had his hands tied since there were reports last season that Buchko and the BoD had wanted to keep Burke as HC before the decision on whether to keep Mack was made? ;)

hated it when he said it, hate it after processing it, terrible attitude from a head coach. Yes Tim it IS your job to decide who the starter is. If you want to listen to your co-ordinators that's fine but ultimately it is your job. 

Yes, the HC always has the final say on personnel decisions & everything else regarding the on field product. Otherwise,  why have a head coach? What he said was a huge cop out.

Is this where we question whether Mack had his hands tied since there were reports last season that Buchko and the BoD had wanted to keep Burke as HC before the decision on whether to keep Mack was made? ;)

Who the hell knows? I bet the person that made the decision doesn't even know. Nobody knows. Funny how that works.

cause next season we get a new GM and new head coach and likely a hell of a lot of new faces, chances of a totally new bunch having immediate success is slim to none. GIven the drama around the team right now can't expect anything to get turned around this year, so no playoffs this year. That's a year and a half. Always happens when you fire people midseason. you waste the rest of the current season and the next one.

But that's why you are better to do all this now.The team was obviously dysfunctional, so start to fix it now and be rolling for next year.Find out who is naughty and who is nice now, the heck with waiting till christmas.I think the dispersal draft changed thetime frame on any rebuild efforts.

In hindsight, maybe firing Lapo was the wrong move at the time.... lol

This team was dull, boring, predictable, and unimaginative with Lapo. Much like it is now. I wouldn't want to go back there. I still think Bellefeuille is going to help our offence big time, especially our running game. Someone suggested letting Crowton be the QB coach. I think that's a very good idea.

IF... Bellefeuille became HC of the Bombers, would Khari Jones come here as his OC like he was in Hamilton? You bet your sweet bippy he would.

Would that be an upgrade to Burke/Crowton? I think so.

I like that he's letting his offensive coaches pick the qb. My problem with what's happened is that he's basically come right out and said he disagrees with them. You need to give the impression that all coaches are on the same page. I wonder how Hall feels about knowing his HC doesn't want him to play?

I like that he's letting his offensive coaches pick the qb. My problem with what's happened is that he's basically come right out and said he disagrees with them. You need to give the impression that all coaches are on the same page. I wonder how Hall feels about knowing his HC doesn't want him to play?

Ya sheesh, would it have killed him to say something like "I let the offensive staff pick the decision and I support it"?

You know it is possible that Burke was in touch with Bellefeuille was initially contacted by Burke about being a consultant but then Miller called him when they decided to have him be an offensive assistant instead of a consultant.

No, mb said on the video on the free press that he was first and only contacted by Miller a few days ago. He was busy scouting NFL camps the last month.

IF... Bellefeuille became HC of the Bombers, would Khari Jones come here as his OC like he was in Hamilton? You bet your sweet bippy he would.

OT - Khari was on the Amazing Race Canada last night!  I was disappointed that the Winnipeggers in the race didn't say something like "that Green looks terrible on you Khari!" or something to that effect.  Oh maybe they did, and it was edited out.

But that's why you are better to do all this now.The team was obviously dysfunctional, so start to fix it now and be rolling for next year.Find out who is naughty and who is nice now, the heck with waiting till christmas.I think the dispersal draft changed thetime frame on any rebuild efforts.

Unless they actually hire their new GM right away it just leaves the team rudderless for the rest of the year. It's not going to fix things right now, you're just going to have a harder time making changes during the season because you lost a very connected guy in the football world who always did seem to bring in some quality players midseason. There was no harm to be done sticking with Mack until the offseason. He wasn't going to go crazy and throw picks and players away on magic beans and leave a smoking crater like Kelly did so might as well have just waited until the offseason. 

Would that be an upgrade to Burke/Crowton? I think so.

It might be, but I still don't want Bellfool anywhere near the HC position.  Kind of like Tillman in Hamilton - consulting, but no where near the reins of power.  If we can Burke, I'd much rather see someone with a better track record brought in as HC, or with a lot more potential, like D. Dickenson or Jacques Chapdelaine.  I saw the Bellfool show in Hamilton and I wasn't impressed.

In hindsight, maybe firing Lapo was the wrong move at the time.... lol

Thinking about this.

If the Bombers had a better HC in mind at the time, the firing would have been fine. But letting him go mid-season and promoting Burke was a bad move. In hindsight, they would have been better to hang onto Lapo until seasons end and then do a search for a real HC. Not someone who doesn't know offense.

And I think this is where we are at right now. If there is not another HC who can be hired and take over right away, then stick with Burke, keep him away from the media (man he say's some dumb things, not Mike Kelly dumb, but stuff to make you shake your head) and start a search for nexts years HC.

We can still get a playoff game or two this year given the quality of the league right now (wtf is up with that?) but this is not another GC year no matter who is in charge.

And I did figure out the lack of GC's is my fault. Last one we had was the year before I got married. So as long as my marriage stays good, we won't win a GC.

So many people are forgetting that Tim Burke was pretty much unanimously seen as the next great CFL head coach. There was all sorts of buzz that if we didn't find a way to hang on to him, he was going to be hired by whichever team had an opening next. Remember how freaked out we were when he nearly got the Hamilton gig? Only reason he didn't was because they got their "big fish" in Cortez. 

I know a lot of people are down on him now, but you gotta remember it wasn't that long ago when virtually everyone thought he was the next Cal Murphy...

Honestly do not remember that.

I remember a good DC getting elevated to HC and wondering why he would bother. Then realizing that it was his best bet for some job security because if he didn't take the HC role, the new HC would bring in all his own coaches anyway and he'd be looking for work.

I don't remember him be touted as HC material before Lapo's firing. If he was, show me.