Practice Updates: Swiston In For Morley, Watson/demond Back, Hall #1

Mike

Walters sounds impressive but then so did Joe Mack when he got hired. If Kyle is going to be kept around anyway & he knows others will be interviewed & he seems fine with that then why throw him into the fire when he could benefit from working under someone else for a few years yet? I'm tired of inexperienced people being hired because they're somebody's buddy, the powers that be like him or to save money. For once.... ONCE... hire the best experienced guy with the most solid track record available & be done with it. Don't take shortcuts.

I just want to point this out for you ...

Kyle Walters was on the job for less than 24 hours on an interim basis and you're already complaining about him.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that? I mean come on Iso, "Why throw him into the fire"? What are we supposed to do? Run our club without a general manager until the end of the year? We're not going to hire one midseason. This isn't a shortcut at all, it's a necessary shuffling of job responsibilities in order to get some stability in our front office.

I just think it's absolutely ridiculous that Walters has yet to do anything and you're already doubting him for no apparent reason. Talk about making your mind up a bit early.

I just want to point this out for you ...

Kyle Walters was on the job for less than 24 hours on an interim basis and you're already complaining about him.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that? I mean come on Iso, "Why throw him into the fire"? What are we supposed to do? Run our club without a general manager until the end of the year? We're not going to hire one midseason. This isn't a shortcut at all, it's a necessary shuffling of job responsibilities in order to get some stability in our front office.

I just think it's absolutely ridiculous that Walters has yet to do anything and you're already doubting him for no apparent reason. Talk about making your mind up a bit early.

If there's one thing I like already it's that Wade is clearly defining everyone's roles. When asked if he was going to get involved with depth chart decisions he said nope, not my job, that's up to Kyle and Tim. I got from that that if Kyle makes a mess of things going forward, he simply won't be the General Manager. He won't get the job if he's a screwup.

If there's one thing I like already it's that Wade is clearly defining everyone's roles. When asked if he was going to get involved with depth chart decisions he said nope, not my job, that's up to Kyle and Tim. I got from that that if Kyle makes a mess of things going forward, he simply won't be the General Manager. He won't get the job if he's a screwup.

Exactly.  Wade is a businessman.  He doesn't have time to stick his nose into everything and micro manage.  So if someone isn't doing their job, it's adios to them, and he'll replace them with someone who can.  Most good managers don't like to micro manage, and if they do have to stick their noses in stuff, then they get very irritable...and Wade looks like he can get irritable fast.  I thought he was going to pound some of those reporters in that press conference they had with the stupid questions they were asking.

Walters sounds impressive but then so did Joe Mack when he got hired. If Kyle is going to be kept around anyway & he knows others will be interviewed & he seems fine with that then why throw him into the fire when he could benefit from working under someone else for a few years yet? I'm tired of inexperienced people being hired because they're somebody's buddy, the powers that be like him or to save money. For once.... ONCE... hire the best experienced guy with the most solid track record available & be done with it. Don't take shortcuts.

Iso, I see that you now have over 1000 posts.

I was just thinking, if they took out all the posts where you mention the name Mack, you'd probably be left with what? 32? :P

Kidding of course.