Practice Updates: Swiston In For Morley, Watson/demond Back, Hall #1

Mike

Well that's the understatement of the year, but it's not like Goltz deserved to continue starting.

On the brighter side, I'm ecstatic that Swiston is starting over Morley. The only thing IMO more confusing than Morley starting the past few seasons is Kavis Reed somehow being named an HC in the CFL.

What a stupid comment. TWO STARTS and better than Pierce has been.  If Pierce goes back to starting... I think I've given up on life. 

Also, Marcel says it was Miller who brought him in.  Not Burke.  So yeah, this is some serious dysnfucntion.

Another good tidbit from Penton yesterday.  The Bombers have only one guy touring NFL camps right now.  It was going to be two if Mack hadn't been fired.  Most teams have 4.  One team has 7.  So that bodes well for the future as well.    

Total complete shiteshow. 

Didn't the team already confirm that Burke hired Marcel? Now marcel says it was Miller?

If this was seasons end I'd be endorsing a complete disniss of every single member of the coaching staff. What a joke.

This is beyond Kelly and Reinbold.

When does a team ever confirm to the public which individual was responsible for the hiring of another individual?

As far as Wade being the one to call Marcel goes, it's such a non-issue. Who cares? Maybe Burke said to him, "hey Wade, I'm too busy to audition offensive assistants, can you find out if there are any available?" and Miller obliged. Who knows? Who cares? They're all working as one unit and if Burke wanted an offensive assistant (which he did) and Miller got him one, then it's not meddling so who really cares.

When does a team ever confirm to the public which individual was responsible for the hiring of another individual?

As far as Wade being the one to call Marcel goes, it's such a non-issue. Who cares? Maybe Burke said to him, "hey Wade, I'm too busy to audition offensive assistants, can you find out if there are any available?" and Miller obliged. Who knows? Who cares? They're all working as one unit and if Burke wanted an offensive assistant (which he did) and Miller got him one, then it's not meddling so who really cares.

Good call. Of all the things to worry about, this has to be at the bottom.

C'mon Mike.  I asssume you have a job and you have probably had other jobs before the one you have now.  You know full well the differences between a well functioning organization and a porrly functioning one.  That is the most optomistic interpretation of what happened here.  This thing is in shambles right now.  It's impossible to tell who's in charge of what and obvious the head coach is not in carge of things the head coach should be in charge of.  Like who's coaching the offense.  And who's playing quarterback. 

Cry that there is no change then cry when there is.

Exactly.  Who the hell cares who chose the QB?  They're all mediocre and/or unproven and/or need development.  They're 'trying' to initiate change from the tope down (one way of doing things), want to give the existing coaching staff a bit longer, and hired an offensively minded guy with cfl exp in the meantime.  What more do people want?  This is just getting ridiculous.  I'm going to have to back away from the Bombers for a while I think.

C'mon Mike.  I asssume you have a job and you have probably had other jobs before the one you have now.  You know full well the differences between a well functioning organization and a porrly functioning one.  That is the most optomistic interpretation of what happened here.  This thing is in shambles right now.  It's impossible to tell who's in charge of what and obvious the head coach is not in carge of things the head coach should be in charge of.  Like who's coaching the offense.  And who's playing quarterback. 

It may be "optimistic" to you, but to me it's just realistic.

It's a phone call. Who cares who made it? Everything is a **** show without having to worry ourselves about who called Marcel B.

Well this is what happens when you fire a GM mid-season.  You were crying for it, well this is what you get.

I would argue your point the coaches are working as one unit. They're working against one another. And it's tearing this team apart. Burke has to go.

oh you guys.  Just relax already.  My goodness.  You guys are acting like Crowton killed your dog and Burke punched your grandmas.  Give things a few days to work themselves out.  We've got a really crappy team coming to town on Friday, let's give our team a chance to get their **** together and figure things out.  All of this whining isn't helping or going to change anything by Friday.  I'd hate to have you guys working in my company - if the mail was five minutes late and the toner ran out in the printer you'd all be crying in your hankies and sobbing that the world was coming to an end.

I think Burke has pigeon-holed HIMSELF as a defensive head coach.  Every time someone asks about the offense he says he will ask someone. Well, I think he has about lost the right to complain when someone else is making offensive decisions, sad to say

This is actually a good point.

oh you guys.  Just relax already.  My goodness.  You guys are acting like Crowton killed your dog and Burke punched your grandmas.  Give things a few days to work themselves out.  We've got a really crappy team coming to town on Friday, let's give our team a chance to get their **** together and figure things out.  All of this whining isn't helping or going to change anything by Friday.  I'd hate to have you guys working in my company - if the mail was five minutes late and the toner ran out in the printer you'd all be crying in your hankies and sobbing that the world was coming to an end.

To be fair this is a message board and ideas are going to be flying around a lot.  Doesn't necessarily mean that it's one person's god honest opinion.  It's just a discussion.  But you're right, there is a lot of crazy ideas being thrown around right now.

To be fair this is a message board and ideas are going to be flying around a lot.  Doesn't necessarily mean that it's one person's god honest opinion.  It's just a discussion.  But you're right, there is a lot of crazy ideas being thrown around right now.

It just seems like everyone is trying to out-do one another in complaining.  Yeah things don't look so good right now.  That Goltz comment has me kind of cheesed.  But we'll see what happens after the smoke clears.  Panic is our worst enemy right now. 

I think Burke has pigeon-holed HIMSELF as a defensive head coach.  Every time someone asks about the offense he says he will ask someone. Well, I think he has about lost the right to complain when someone else is making offensive decisions, sad to say

He is a defensive coach through-and-through no doubt. It looks like he hasn't even made a valiant attempt to learn more about his offense in the time he has been head coach either.  

What a stupid comment. TWO STARTS and better than Pierce has been.  If Pierce goes back to starting... I think I've given up on life. 

Thank you for your input.