Injury updates - July 20

Julian Feoli-Gudino not practicing today after returning to field workouts Tuesday. Assuming Brett Carter would start in his place. #Bombers

That is not good... do we even have a backup REC on the roster if Carter of Kohlert go down in the game?

I expect Carter start, and T.Renaud goes in the 44 as backup. Im just wondering if Kohlert plays the slot and Carter goes as wideout.

That's very interesting that people want to cite a lack of depth.

If anything, the team has received a great deal of support from their depth up to this point. Guys like JFG, Sherman, Fraser, Grigsby, Jake Thomas ... even Bruce Johnson if you want to really reach a bit. Those guys all started the year as depth. They've played well. No team can go down to 3rd or 4th on the depth chart and suffer no drop off.

It's no surprise that we're lacking depth.... a lot of the conversation going into the season is "our NI talent is ok if we can stay healthy".... well we haven't and it's shown.... but we're still 3-1 and have an opportunity to go 4-1 this week.... so it could be worse....

If anything, the team has received a great deal of support from their depth up to this point. Guys like JFG, Sherman, Fraser, Grigsby, Jake Thomas ... even Bruce Johnson if you want to really reach a bit. Those guys all started the year as depth. They've played well. No team can go down to 3rd or 4th on the depth chart and suffer no drop off.

I think thats true with the exception of NI reciever. If you have two non import recivers starting there should be better better depth to back them up. I don't see Taylor Renaud or Brett Carter as fouth on the depth chart if there are suposed to be 2 canadian starting.

I think thats true with the exception of NI reciever. If you have two non import recivers starting there should be better better depth to back them up. I don't see Taylor Renaud or Brett Carter as fouth on the depth chart if there are suposed to be 2 canadian starting.

Look around the league.

The 4th NI receiver on teams that start 2 Canadians there isn't impressive anywhere.

Edmonton's 4th NI receiver is Akeem Foster

Toronto has Natey Adjei

BC has Kito Poblah

Saskatchewan has Scott McHenry or Alex Anthony

The only guys who are anything proven are proven to be not very good. The rest, just like Brett Carter, are big question marks.

Look around the league.

The 4th NI receiver on teams that start 2 Canadians there isn't impressive anywhere.

Toronto has Natey Adjei

BC has Kito Poblah

The only guys who are anything proven are proven to be not very good. The rest, just like Brett Carter, are big question marks.

I'll take "What are Canadian recievers that have sucked for the Bombers" for $500 please Alex.

according to Sun....

Another questionable player for Friday is backup Canadian cornerback Donovan Alexander, who suffered an undisclosed injury during yesterday’s practise and wasn’t on the field today.

So it he's not in... who's NI replaces him on the roster? WR T.Renaud or OL Swiston?

and I guess Unamba will stay at the 44 since we need a backup DB... hope to see Suber back instead of Unamba though.

The critical lack of depth is becoming evident.

As Toronto is also showing, unless you are maybe the Stamps, there is a very short limit as to how many injuries you can absorb and still compete. Bombers are still in a catch-up mode and will probably be for another year, perhaps two.

I certainly wouldn't use the word critical in describing a lack of depth when talking about the Bombers.

In fact, up to this next game, I've only seen a lack of execution, at a critical time, in one game, and here and there in the other games.

It's not that the Bombers have preformed depth-defying feats this past off season, but the belief and nurturing of youngsters like Feoli-Gudino, Sherman, Thomas, Bucknor, Fraser, Johnson and Cornell have helped them weather some tough situations, and, for the most part, without too much disruption.

We'll see soon enough I guess, but they believe if they execute, they can play with anybody.

So, it now becomes a matter of lack of execution as opposed to lack of depth, and that is correctible.

Look around the league.

Toronto has Natey Adjei

BC has Kito Poblah

Adjei and Poblah are pretty good players for that spot.  Foster has no ability to do anything but run a straight line down the field.  McHenry isn't bad, but can't really do anything unless a defense forgets about him.

Let Kyle Walters know where he can find better.  Teague Sherman shouldn't be playing defense either, but he is, and pretty well.  Pontbriand and Fitzgerald would also come into play, if there were injuries I think we'd see even more tight end sets.