Rumour: Max Hall Will Start This Friday

Madani isn't the most credible of sources. I'm not giving up on Goltz yet considering our other options are practically hopeless, Max Hall really doesn't seem like a fit for the CFL game and Buck is broken. 

If these guys think we need to have a ''win now'' mentality we have a dumber organization then I possibly could've thought.

But Madani is still super connected when it comes to the B & G, first through the office...then to the team.

I'm indifferent on this move. I would like to see what we have moving forward.

We've seen mediocrity from Buck Pierce....

Flashes of a good quarterback in Goltz....

Let's see if Hall is worth developing.

Something to keep in mind... Mitchell, Willy and Collaros are only in their second year... it didn't take them long at all to adjust to the CFL game.

sorry in advance for any poor grammar with my posts. My question mark and comma I busted on my key board. Lol. Anyway whats not to like about Hall. Check out this highlight video of him. The kid hangs in the pocket, makes plays with his feet, has a nice throw on the run. They let Brink and Elliot go for this guy, I think this could be a good fit. Didn't Crowton have some connection with Hall.

Plus he seems to have a lot of fire and confidence. The kid can become a leader on a team that desperately needs one. He came here wanting the starting job and now hes getting his chance. What do we have to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soogb0wC7LA

Crowton recruited Hall to BYU, but left before he could actually coach him. Penton tweeted that the guy has thrown a ton of interceptions in practice, but what the hell, whats another reason to drink when watching us play?

At this point im so desperate to see any improvement in the passing game that if this turned out to be a run and gun type offence with Hall, than I would be accepting. I think the ability to make plays with your feet could really help out this offence. Goltz isn't agile enough and Buck is broken.

Gotta feel bad for Justin though, right after hes told he doesn't have to look over his shoulder he gets yanked... it was a bad decision to name him the permanent starter from the get go. Why put yourself in that trap. I like Burke but the way he handles things sometimes really makes me question him... amateurish....

I for one am very happy to see this... Goltz inaccuracies scare the hell out of me and feel that its a lot less to do with Crowton than people think. I didn't think Crowtons play calling in BC was all that bad... I would rather see Max get the start over Goltz and Buck.... Good luck!!

I agree. Let's get a look at Hall under game conditions and then decide which QB to go with. Goltz hasn't shown me enough to annoint him the outright starter. If all 3 are determined to be weak let's make a trade for a proven QB. Either way we have to resolve this issue soon.

My guess is that they want to evaluate who they have and it's hard to evaluate Max Hall if he hasn't played in game at all.   

I'm pretty sure Miller and the rest of the Blue realize that this season is a write off and they are trying to salvage or figure out what they can do with who they have.     

I have no problems with them playing Hall and I don't take much from people saying a qb is god awful in practice.    To many times we seen guys who absolutely rocked in practice only for them to be god awful once in game.  

We did the same thing last season and this is how we found out that Alex Brink really didn't have what it takes to win and it helped them move on from him.  

I don't believe Miller considers this season a write off. I believe him (or at least will take him at face value for now) when he said there was time and opportunity to make the playoffs.

This just smells desperate.

With everything falling to pieces I'd feel better with the most CFL experienced QB and the only one who's ever won starting these games.

Seems to indicate the Buck benching fiasco was Mack's doing

how so? If it was then wouldn't they go back to Pierce rather than the third string? It's no secret that Burke is a Goltz fan, he has been the whole time, it's also no secret that Crowton is Halls biggest thing. I would suggest that this is nothing more than the coaches now realizing that they're next up to be fired so if they're going to be fired they're going to go with the players THEY want to go with. 

how so? If it was then wouldn't they go back to Pierce rather than the third string? It's no secret that Burke is a Goltz fan, he has been the whole time, it's also no secret that Crowton is Halls biggest thing. I would suggest that this is nothing more than the coaches now realizing that they're next up to be fired so if they're going to be fired they're going to go with the players THEY want to go with. 

And who's the REAL head coach? Burke or Crowton?

My guess is that they want to evaluate who they have and it's hard to evaluate Max Hall if he hasn't played in game at all.   

I'm pretty sure Miller and the rest of the Blue realize that this season is a write off and they are trying to salvage or figure out what they can do with who they have.     

I have no problems with them playing Hall and I don't take much from people saying a qb is god awful in practice.    To many times we seen guys who absolutely rocked in practice only for them to be god awful once in game.  

We did the same thing last season and this is how we found out that Alex Brink really didn't have what it takes to win and it helped them move on from him.  

Yet Brink still started the Montreal game over Goltz.

I'm so confused by everything that is being posted here and at other forums and that is reported by the media. So far:

Burke had to be forced by Mack to start Goltz over Buck after Crowton went over Burke's head. (media report)

Burke likes Goltz, Crowton likes Hall. (posters)

Burke said Goltz is starter for season, media says Hall starting against Hamilton.

Burke said Buck could be moved up to #2 and come in if Goltz struggles. Crowton said Goltz is starter and he'd like to get Hall more playing time.

Hall is rumoured to be starting against Hamilton because:

1) Burke can now play who he wants because Mack is gone. (posters)

2) Crowton is forcing Burke to let him start. (posters)

3) Miller is forcing it because he wants to win now. (posters)

I going to wait until Monday and find out who gets starters reps and I hope someone will call in to the Coach's Show to ask what the hell is going on.

Except according to Madani, Goltz was told they were going with Hall because they want to win now and don't have time to develop Goltz.

I have a crazy theory. Please bear with me!

Can we agree that Buck is Burke's boy, Hall is Crowton's boy and by process of elimination, Goltz is Mack's boy.

Crowton realized he was taking the brunt of criticism but Burke wouldn't move away from Buck. Crowton goes over Burke's head to Mack. Mack tells Burke to make the QB change.

The compromise is buck will "assist" Crowton, in essence becoming Burke's eyes and ears on offence possibly because Burke realized he was being shut out of the O and wanted a "spy"

Crowton might have asked for Hall but Mack went with Goltz because he's his boy and more importantly, Crowton wanted to sit Buck

Last game we saw Hall warming up but no change was made even though we all thought Goltz should have been pulled. Possible reason: Crowton tells Hall to warm up, Burke refuses, wanting to put Buck in but realizing after the "grand proclamation" he couldn't (and not wanting to disobey his boss).

Mack gets fired and suddenly Hall is starting. We know Wade say down with Burke. We can assume the offense was a major topic of conversation. Burke stayed two weeks ago he wanted an offensive consultant brought in. Only when Miller took over was that made a reality. Why? If Crowton was going over Burke's head to Mack and Mack was allowing it, we can assume Mack had more confidence in Crowton than Burke did.

Remember, immediately after Miller was introduced, rumours began circulating that Buck would be moved up the depth chart. That could be indicative of miller and Burke sharing the same opinion that barring any other option, Buck gives them the best chance to win.

So Miller and Burke agree the Offence is the glaring issue. They sit Crowton down and tell him that Mack is gone so things are going to change and Goltz isn't the answer.

Crowton realizes he's dead man walking (especially after the Marcel announcement) and executes a last ditch plan, imploring management to let Hall run his offence. Hall's his boy and worked with him before.

The odd part is the report that Goltz was told 'sorry kid but we want to win now' and don't have time to develop him which is inexplicable if they are going to Hall with zero CFL experience. It makes sense if Crowton has argued that hall doesn't need development time because his offence is suited to hall's skillset.

Burke and Miller agree because they know one of two things will happen: Hall will click with Crowtons offence like no one else did and win. Or he will flop and it will mean bye bye Crowton and hello Buck.

Just my theory based on available information and logic.