Rumour: Max Hall Will Start This Friday

I have a crazy theory. Please bear with me!

Can we agree that Buck is Burke's boy, Hall is Crowton's boy and by process of elimination, Goltz is Mack's boy.

Crowton realized he was taking the brunt of criticism but Burke wouldn't move away from Buck. Crowton goes over Burke's head to Mack. Mack tells Burke to make the QB change.

The compromise is buck will "assist" Crowton, in essence becoming Burke's eyes and ears on offence possibly because Burke realized he was being shut out of the O and wanted a "spy"

Crowton might have asked for Hall but Mack went with Goltz because he's his boy and more importantly, Crowton wanted to sit Buck

Last game we saw Hall warming up but no change was made even though we all thought Goltz should have been pulled. Possible reason: Crowton tells Hall to warm up, Burke refuses, wanting to put Buck in but realizing after the "grand proclamation" he couldn't (and not wanting to disobey his boss).

Mack gets fired and suddenly Hall is starting. We know Wade say down with Burke. We can assume the offense was a major topic of conversation. Burke stayed two weeks ago he wanted an offensive consultant brought in. Only when Miller took over was that made a reality. Why? If Crowton was going over Burke's head to Mack and Mack was allowing it, we can assume Mack had more confidence in Crowton than Burke did.

Remember, immediately after Miller was introduced, rumours began circulating that Buck would be moved up the depth chart. That could be indicative of miller and Burke sharing the same opinion that barring any other option, Buck gives them the best chance to win.

So Miller and Burke agree the Offence is the glaring issue. They sit Crowton down and tell him that Mack is gone so things are going to change and Goltz isn't the answer.

Crowton realizes he's dead man walking (especially after the Marcel announcement) and executes a last ditch plan, imploring management to let Hall run his offence. Hall's his boy and worked with him before.

The odd part is the report that Goltz was told 'sorry kid but we want to win now' and don't have time to develop him which is inexplicable if they are going to Hall with zero CFL experience. It makes sense if Crowton has argued that hall doesn't need development time because his offence is suited to hall's skillset.

Burke and Miller agree because they know one of two things will happen: Hall will click with Crowtons offence like no one else did and win. Or he will flop and it will mean bye bye Crowton and hello Buck.

Just my theory based on available information and logic.

Interesting theory. No doubt some of what you postulate is true. I envisage a scenario where Miller has stated he wants this QB issue resolved for the rest of the season. In order to do that Hall gets a couple of games and then a decision will be made on who plays out the rest of the year or whether a QB needs to be brought in. I believe the reason Buchko and Mack were fired was because they never resolved the QB issue. I believe that's Miller's first order of business.

I have a crazy theory. Please bear with me!

Can we agree that Buck is Burke's boy, Hall is Crowton's boy and by process of elimination, Goltz is Mack's boy.

I can't disagree with that.

Crowton realized he was taking the brunt of criticism but Burke wouldn't move away from Buck. Crowton goes over Burke's head to Mack. Mack tells Burke to make the QB change.

Or that.

The compromise is buck will "assist" Crowton, in essence becoming Burke's eyes and ears on offence possibly because Burke realized he was being shut out of the O and wanted a "spy"

I don't know about this, I don't think it has anything to do with a "spy"

Crowton might have asked for Hall but Mack went with Goltz because he's his boy and more importantly, Crowton wanted to sit Buck

I think it was more a case of the team going with Goltz because they probably weren't willing to rush Hall. Not that two weeks makes a difference in the grand scheme of things, but I've always felt Hall was the end game once they felt he was ready to play.

Last game we saw Hall warming up but no change was made even though we all thought Goltz should have been pulled. Possible reason: Crowton tells Hall to warm up, Burke refuses, wanting to put Buck in but realizing after the "grand proclamation" he couldn't (and not wanting to disobey his boss).

I think you may be overreacting about Hall warming up. You know what I saw when Hall was warming up? I saw the first stringer get nicked and the second stringer start his warmups in case he had to go in. That's standard procedure in every football league anywhere ever.

Mack gets fired and suddenly Hall is starting. We know Wade say down with Burke. We can assume the offense was a major topic of conversation. Burke stayed two weeks ago he wanted an offensive consultant brought in. Only when Miller took over was that made a reality. Why? If Crowton was going over Burke's head to Mack and Mack was allowing it, we can assume Mack had more confidence in Crowton than Burke did.

One thing worth keeping in mind ... Max Hall was on the Bomber negotiation list before we hired Gary Crowton. I don't think Mack getting fired has much, if anything, to do with Hall starting. If anything, I'd expect that clown Burke to start Buck once Mack left.

Remember, immediately after Miller was introduced, rumours began circulating that Buck would be moved up the depth chart. That could be indicative of miller and Burke sharing the same opinion that barring any other option, Buck gives them the best chance to win.

If that were true, he'd be starting Friday.

So Miller and Burke agree the Offence is the glaring issue. They sit Crowton down and tell him that Mack is gone so things are going to change and Goltz isn't the answer.

Can't buy into that.

Crowton realizes he's dead man walking (especially after the Marcel announcement) and executes a last ditch plan, imploring management to let Hall run his offence. Hall's his boy and worked with him before.

Don't buy that either.

The odd part is the report that Goltz was told 'sorry kid but we want to win now' and don't have time to develop him which is inexplicable if they are going to Hall with zero CFL experience. It makes sense if Crowton has argued that hall doesn't need development time because his offence is suited to hall's skillset.

I buy this in a way, but not in the context you're setting it in.

Burke and Miller agree because they know one of two things will happen: Hall will click with Crowtons offence like no one else did and win. Or he will flop and it will mean bye bye Crowton and hello Buck.

I don't think it means hello Buck. I think it means bye bye Crowton. Hall would stay, imo.

Goltz may have more CFL experience than Hall but, Hall is the more mature QB of the two.

The Hall promotion seems to have Miller's fingerprints all over it, as head coach Tim Burke said when anointing Goltz the new No. 1 pivot three weeks ago that he wanted to have continuity at the quarterback position.

Obviously that changed when GM Joe Mack was fired on Friday. Another intriguing angle is offensive co-ordinator Gary Crowton recruited Hall to BYU, so perhaps he had a say as well.

The above is from the Sun. Does the media in the city drink on an hourly basis? Sure, maybe Miller came in and strongly suggested to the coaches that they start who they thought had the best chance to win right now, but to suggest Miller himself chose Hall? Based on what, exactly, would Miller have made that decision?

Except that Burke commented before the bye week that Buck moving to #2 was being considered.

So when Max Hall fails to impress the fans/media etc. who do we go to then?  When will they realize it's not the QB?  If they are bringing in MB then why not see what he can do with Goltz for 4 or 5 games then go to Hall for 4-5 and evaluate equally.  All this is going to do is make Goltz lose any of his confidence that he may have built and it makes the team wonder WTF are these guys doing....

This is getting beyond embarrasing!

On 1st teams: Swiston is in for Morley at guard, receivers are Matthews, T Eds, Denmark, Etienne and Kohlert. Watson is back and on 2nd team

Gary Lawless on @TSN1290Radio says Brendan Taman won't allow Bombers to talk to Jeremy O'Day till end of the season

As expected Max Hall working with 1st string offence. #Bombers

Part of me is okay with Buck being second.  Goltz had his shot and he was pretty terrible.  More learning to do there.  A lot he can learn without being starter.

If Goltz had his shot and was terrible then what the hell was Pierce? Goltz was better than Pierce was and PIerce gets a promotion? All Pierce deserves is to be cut. 

Don't agree.  That last game Goltz was about as putrid as QBs come.  Missed a ton of passes (even some medium passes that should be routine) and overall looked more frazzled than Pierce out there.  A lot of people around here have anti-Pierce goggles on.  I still don't like Pierce as a #1 option.  Just don't think Goltz should be there right now.