Rumour: Max Hall Will Start This Friday

Don't agree.  That last game Goltz was about as putrid as QBs come.  Missed a ton of passes (even some medium passes that should be routine) and overall looked more frazzled than Pierce out there.  A lot of people around here have anti-Pierce goggles on.  I still don't like Pierce as a #1 option.  Just don't think Goltz should be there right now.

All things that Pierce has been guilty of too, except with Pierce there is absolutely no respect for his ability to run. If Goltz failed and deserves to be 3rd string then PIerce failed and deserves to be 4th string. 

It was TWO starts for Goltz! ...This is the frickin' problem for people in Winnipeg...you just have zero patience to let a guy develop. Christ almighty. Everyone expecting him to shoot the lights out already? I thought the kid looked pretty good, all things considered. Definitely wasn't great, but was at least as good as Pierce, and with far more upside, durability and run threat. 

I'm not against trying out Max Hall, by any means, but Goltz is really getting jobbed here. We're not outta the playoff hunt, and I am not really sure how Hall is our "Win Now" option. 

This team is totally effed up. The decisions they're making. I don't even think they know for sure who makes what decision. All I know is we have a lame duck coach who people are starting to walk all over. I harken back to a guy like Cal Murphy who would have fired any assistant who went over his head to get a player Cal didn't want played or resigned if a Bomber president told him to do something he didn't want to do. No one told Cal how to coach. He wouldn't stand for it.

This team is totally effed up. The decisions they're making. I don't even think they know for sure who makes what decision. All I know is we have a lame duck coach who people are starting to walk all over. I harken back to a guy like Cal Murphy who would have fired any assistant who went over his head to get a player Cal didn't want played or resigned if a Bomber president told him to do something he didn't want to do. No one told Cal how to coach. He wouldn't stand for it.

Harumph! Harumph! Back in my day!! Nickels had a picture of a bee on 'em!! Harumph!!

Harumph! Harumph! Back in my day!! Nickels had a picture of a bee on 'em!! Harumph!!

Cal was a tough ol' codger. He was the boss. None of this would be happening under his watch. We all know it, too.

This sure reminds me of F Troop in Calgary under owner Michael Feterik a decade ago. Everyday just a new crisis. Mickey Mouse management here & in Calgary. Feterik wanting his son to be the starting qb. Crowton wanting Hall to be the starter. An assistant  coach going over the head coach's head lobbying to take his place. Crowton going over Burke's head to get his guy played.  A meddling President in Fred Fateri with the Stamps & now perhaps a meddling CEO in Wade Miller. A lame duck coach in Jim Barker powerless to do anything like Tim Burke is right now in Winnipeg. Both knowing they're going to be fired at seasons end. People in the Stamps organization with their own private agendas just like in Winnipeg now. The new F Troop resides in Winnipeg. I thought I saw the ugly side of private ownership with Feterik in Calgary. Never thought I'd see it again here with a community owned team.

It was TWO starts for Goltz! ...This is the frickin' problem for people in Winnipeg...you just have zero patience to let a guy develop. Christ almighty. Everyone expecting him to shoot the lights out already? I thought the kid looked pretty good, all things considered. Definitely wasn't great, but was at least as good as Pierce, and with far more upside, durability and run threat. 

I'm not against trying out Max Hall, by any means, but Goltz is really getting jobbed here. We're not outta the playoff hunt, and I am not really sure how Hall is our "Win Now" option. 

I'm not sure there is any coach in the league that would let a QB develop from how he played last week.  It was pretty abysmal.  If the quarterback has shown that he can move an offense and is just making rookie mistakes (an int here, a gaff there) then I think you have to give them more time on the field (that's why I kind of liked Elliot).  Goltz was straight up missing wide-open targets.  He did not look good at all.

If Goltz had his shot and was terrible then what the hell was Pierce? Goltz was better than Pierce was and PIerce gets a promotion? All Pierce deserves is to be cut. 

This I agree with 100%. Pierce has been gawd-awful and if it were up to me he'd never play another game for the blue and gold. I like Goltz. He is athletic. stands tall in the pocket. and seems reasonably intelligent. But he is not ready and needs more seasoning. His passing accuracy is suspect also. I want to see Hall play. Looking at his video highlights makes me wonder if this kid might not be a good fit for this football team. He seems to be an accurate passer and has good arm strength. He reminds me of Joey Elliot but with a stronger arm. I'm willing to sacrifice a few games to see what he can do. He might surprise us. What the hell do we have to lose at this point?

This I agree with 100%. Pierce has been gawd-awful and if it were up to me he'd never play another game for the blue and gold. I like Goltz. He is athletic. stands tall in the pocket. and seems reasonably intelligent. But he is not ready and needs more seasoning. His passing accuracy is suspect also. I want to see Hall play. Looking at his video highlights makes me wonder if this kid might not be a good fit for this football team. He seems to be an accurate passer and has good arm strength. He reminds me of Joey Elliot but with a stronger arm. I'm willing to sacrifice a few games to see what he can do. He might surprise us. What the hell do we have to lose at this point?

Yeah I really don't mind seeing what Hall can do, it's this Going to Goltz and then flip flopping and bumping him down to #3 despite doing more than Pierce that bugs me. There is obviously no plan here, the coaches are totally lost and clueless.

So true.  The guy needs game experience and the time to work through his inconsistencies.  You can't gauge progression based only on two games and a handful of practices.  If the team wasn't ready to devote a fair number of games to let him make some strides forward, then he never should have been promoted to #1 in the first place.