Rumour: Max Hall Will Start This Friday

Interesting little nugget from Lawless just now. Burke didn't want to keep Pierce this offseason, he wanted Glenn. There was an offer on the table from the Stamps that was Glenn for our 2nd rounder. Burke wanted Mack to do it, but he wouldn't b/c he thought Pierce was the better qb.

I'm calling BS on this one. Burke was very vocal about how much he liked Pierce. Also calling BS on the price for Glenn being a 2nd rounder. Methinks Lawless is just trying to throw more **** on Joe Mack who he seemingly has something personal against. 

Also calling BS on the price for Glenn being a 2nd rounder. Methinks Lawless is just trying to throw more **** on Joe Mack who he seemingly has something personal against. 

So you're suggesting Lawless is outright lying? I don't like the guy either, but he's been pretty accurate with his info lately.

He said it was a fact, not just a rumour he heard.

I'm calling BS on this one. Burke was very vocal about how much he liked Pierce. Also calling BS on the price for Glenn being a 2nd rounder. Methinks Lawless is just trying to throw more **** on Joe Mack who he seemingly has something personal against. 

Or it was leaked to Lawless by a bored member.  To those a bit slower than the rest, yes board is mis-spelt on purpose.

This is bullshit.

Burke needs to take control of this team. If he wants Crowton fired, then fire him. If he doesn't, then back him the **** up. 

The lack of accountability and actual leadership with this group is astounding, and as a fan, extremely disappointing.

Careful don't be bitter, You'll upset some sensitive people here. 

So you're suggesting Lawless is outright lying? I don't like the guy either, but he's been pretty accurate with his info lately.

He said it was a fact, not just a rumour he heard.

yeah I'm calling him a liar. He's been so against this management regime I would not be surprised to see him outright making up crap to make them look worse. 

There has got to be more to the story...

Here are my theories:

a)  Goltz has an injury that they don't want to make worse

b ) The Bombers want to evaluate Max Hall

c)  Marcel Bellefeuille wants to evaulate Crowton's offense

d)  Another team wants to evaluate Max Hall (trade bait)

e)  The Bombers want to make sure that Max Hall can play (so they cut Pierce outright before Aug 31)

Here are my theories:

e)  The Bombers want to make sure that Max Hall can play (so they cut Pierce outright before Aug 31)

f) Team has no idea what they're doing

Yeah I really don't mind seeing what Hall can do, it's this Going to Goltz and then flip flopping and bumping him down to #3 despite doing more than Pierce that bugs me. There is obviously no plan here, the coaches are totally lost and clueless.

Agreed about the coaches but I think there is a plan now and that's to audition Hall and then determine who gets the call at QB the rest of the way. Really happy to see Marcel come on board now, too. As for Pierce, I'd package him up and see what I could get for him.

Agreed about the coaches but I think there is a plan now and that's to audition Hall and then determine who gets the call at QB the rest of the way. Really happy to see Marcel come on board now, too. As for Pierce, I'd package him up and see what I could get for him.

Perhaps a day old bagel?

Here are my theories:

Uh, I'll take e) with the caveat that they try to get a box of kickoff tees for him.

Perhaps a day old bagel?

There are teams that might take Pierce as a backup QB, especially if that team has a good O-line that can protect him. Otherwise, you're probably right. I think the only way you can realistically trade Pierce and get some value in return is to package him up with some other players. Maybe someone like Denmark, who seems completely disinterested this year.

Here are my theories:

f) Team has no idea what they're doing

G) The Bombers are currently in negotiations with Sam Canadian

There are teams that might take Pierce as a backup QB, especially if that team has a good O-line that can protect him. Otherwise, you're probably right. I think the only way you can realistically trade Pierce and get some value in return is to package him up with some other players. Maybe someone like Denmark, who seems completely disinterested this year.

Teams will have seen enough out of Pierce this year to know to stay away. And honestly, we've seen several second stringers play better than him too. The only team dumb enough to think he is a capable QB seems to be our staff.

Here are my theories:

They would have said if it was an injury to Goltz. They clearly haven't.Only that they can't afford the timeto develop him.

Anyone here watch the game again? Goltz had some really bad passes but there were also some bright spots. People are way to quick to dismiss him already. And despite his struggles he was better than Pierce.

I agree,  he didn't look all that bad in the game.  He had 2 - 3 god awful drops which killed drives and really killed any sort of momentum.  The balls were being thrown where they should be and had decent zip to them.     My only criticisms of his play was maybe throwing a few balls when he shouldn't have because of high risk.    He was definitely much better then Pierce that's for sure.  Much quicker ,  actually checked down on his 2nd - 3rd reads,   tossed the ball away rather then getting sacked....  

I agree with 17 .... Bucko should be 3rd while Goltz should be 2nd and Hall should be only playing for evaluation purposes. 

If Crowton feels that Hall is the guy to run his offense then I'm all in for giving him a chance, but to dump Goltz all the way down to third string behind PIerce... yikes. Even on the coaches show Burke basically says he thought Goltz was better than Pierce. Just makes no sense how things are being run there. GOng show of epic proportions.

According to Burke, right now on the Tim Burke show, Hall was the choice "to a man" of the offensive staff.

"his reads were processed quicker" and "reads coverages quickly" 

Burke deferred - did not want to dictate who to start. There were "heated discussions."

According to Burke, right now on the Tim Burke show, Hall was the choice "to a man" of the offensive staff.

"his reads were processed quicker" and "reads coverages quickly" 

Burke deferred - did not want to dictate who to start. There were "heated discussions."

and that's fine. The problem was what he also said, about thinking Goltz had been better than pierce yet pierce still gets a promotion.