Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

Miller....a passionate football guy, who love the Bombers. How can that be wrong?

1st step in the right direction....it's a start.

I think one question that no one has asked (or at least not that I have seen) - are we keeping Ken Moll?  That's the key guy in our US scouting.  We lose him and we are back to the Taman US scouting method (not his fault, he had no budget for scouting) - walking into the dressing room and asking "hey any of you guys know any runningbacks looking for work?  I'll give you $50 a lead".

I think one question that no one has asked (or at least not that I have seen) - are we keeping Ken Moll?  That's the key guy in our US scouting.  We lose him and we are back to the Taman US scouting method (not his fault, he had no budget for scouting) - walking into the dressing room and asking "hey any of you guys know any runningbacks looking for work?  I'll give you $50 a lead".

I'm hoping Moll finds some more American OL...soon...

Assume we are keeping Moll.

NI talent is a tough one: We need more quality NI OL. If Pencer and Swiston pan out that's huge, but we should have been drafting more OL. For example, Brett Jones over Kris Robertson. Also need more help on the DL, if Mulumba and Bilikudi pan out, Bam but still that's a big if.

I see the title has been changed to "Buchko resigns". Has this been clearly stated somewhere? And does that mean WBB don't have to pay him?

I don't blame him if he quit given the supidity of the BOD and the leak. Also disagree with those here who think he should not have told the board of his intention to ask for the firing. That was the proper move instead of blindsiding the BOD at a regular meeting and having them sit there not having had the chance to think about it first. That one of the members leaked it is not on Buchko.

I see the title has been changed to "Buchko resigns". Has this been clearly stated somewhere? And does that mean WBB don't have to pay him?

I don't blame him if he quit given the supidity of the BOD and the leak. Also disagree with those here who think he should not have told the board of his intention to ask for the firing. That was the proper move instead of blindsiding the BOD at a regular meeting and having them sit there not having had the chance to think about it first. That one of the members leaked it is not on Buchko.

I doubt very much if he quit. That would mean we wouldn't have to pay him anymore. He was fired, I guarantee it. The 'mutual decision' spin is just that, spin in order to save face.

Poblah is moving towards being a bust.  Woodson and Volny?  Seriously.  You know all the teams dress 42 players right?  Just because they are on the team doesn't make them good picks.  We don't have any idea how much Kyle had to do with Kolhert and Palardy signings.  Considering coaching special teams is probably fairly time consuming probably not a lot. 

Swyston and Thomas are back-ups.  Fine. 

I forgot about Watson.  That was a good pick, obviously. 

No different than any other team in the CFL.  The. draft. is. a. crap. shoot.  They did ok I think.

No different than any other team in the CFL.  The. draft. is. a. crap. shoot.  They did ok I think.

Agree.  But the original postI was disputing was they they had a plan instead of throwing darts at a board.  So basically the draft is a crap shoot and there's no evidence Kyle Walters has solved the puzzle.  He seems to have done about as well as anybody else.  If he really was making those picks anyway.   

Doesn't matter though, he won't be making the picks come next May. 

Agree.  But the original postI was disputing was they they had a plan instead of throwing darts at a board.  So basically the draft is a crap shoot and there's no evidence Kyle Walters has solved the puzzle.  He seems to have done about as well as anybody else.  If he really was making those picks anyway.   

Doesn't matter though, he won't be making the picks come next May. 

Actually, the original post was my opinion that Walters has done a good job as AGM.  It's still my opinion.  And no one here is going to change that.  That the discussion degenerated into yet another rehash and bibble-babble about our draft picks is just how this forum works sometimes.

Are we worse off than Hamilton? Edmonton? Montreal? Don't get me wrong, we are a mess but worse off than those teams? No way.

I agree.  Seems to be how things work in this league.  The Bombers have some issues and it's blown into some massive deal with every single media clown with an axe to grind across Canada weighing in with their opinion.  Meanwhile, Montreal, Hamilton and Edmonton are at least 50 feet of crap below us right now and everything is apparently hunky-dory.  Herb Zurkowsky from Montreal has been one of Mack's biggest protagonists, even calling him a "moron" on Twitter IIRC, and yet here is the sports writer for a team that served up the biggest bowl of crap yet in 2013 last night.  Mind your own knitting guys.  We're down but we're not out.  The same can't be said for Montreal.  They look like a team that is on the verge of collapse.  In this league, you can never say that next year you are already dead.  You can go from zero to hero in one year.  It's been done many times before.

Assume we are keeping Moll.

NI talent is a tough one: We need more quality NI OL. If Pencer and Swiston pan out that's huge, but we should have been drafting more OL. For example, Brett Jones over Kris Robertson. Also need more help on the DL, if Mulumba and Bilikudi pan out, Bam but still that's a big if.

but the team was so lacking in NIs in many many places you can't say that they shoulda only drafted OL. I mean they need linebackers with that being a NI position, they need DBs with safety being a NI position, they always seem to want some NI DL. Given that they use 2 americans on the OL I don't know that the amount of OL they have taken is the real issue. 

but the team was so lacking in NIs in many many places you can't say that they shoulda only drafted OL. I mean they need linebackers with that being a NI position, they need DBs with safety being a NI position, they always seem to want some NI DL. Given that they use 2 americans on the OL I don't know that the amount of OL they have taken is the real issue. 

I think that by now Mack should have found an NI tackle.  He had four years.  Having 4 NI on the OL opens up so many other options including having more import receivers on the field.