Gavins fined for dirty hit on Drew Willy

Every back will miss a block or two a game, can't see everbody every time.

The not-good thing about Grigsby on that play was that it sure looked like Grigsby didn't even try, and that could have put Willy right out of the game. Grigsby gave the rusher a complete free shot- hope it doesn't happen too often.

The not-good thing about Grigsby on that play was that it sure looked like Grigsby didn't even try, and that could have put Willy right out of the game. Grigsby gave the rusher a complete free shot- hope it doesn't happen too often.

I watched that hit on Willy several times and it's actually mystifying what Grigsby was thinking there as he watches Gavins just run by him. That kind of "non-block" on that play leading to your QB getting smoked is a career killer. Ask Corey Boyd if you don't believe me.

I watched that hit on Willy several times and it's actually mystifying what Grigsby was thinking there as he watches Gavins just run by him. That kind of "non-block" on that play leading to your QB getting smoked is a career killer. Ask Corey Boyd if you don't believe me.

the piling on grigsby is going a little over board here, that was a very cheap hit, missed block or not.. wasn't grigsbys fault the guy went low and dirty on willy. 

Good. Ridiculous he wasn't penalized more during the game.

Should have been thrown out of the game. Our season would have gone down the drain if Willy tore a knee or broke an ankle. 

I think that should be a suspension actually. That's the way to send a message, i understand willis being fined, it wasn't really blatant and intent to injure, this one was.. the guy should be suspended for it, one of the dirtiest cheapest hits i've ever seen. 

@friesensunmedia: I thought Gavin's hit was one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen in football. #Bombers

Now you know that it was really bad.

I am just surprised he actually has seen the hit

Do you really believe he has or is he just jumping on the twitter band wagon?

If you watch that play again it looks like Grigsby is focused on the inside rusher which was probably his designated block.  It was a matter of choosing between two pass rushers and unfortunately Grigsby chose the wrong one.

If you watch that play again it looks like Grigsby is focused on the inside rusher which was probably his designated block.  It was a matter of choosing between two pass rushers and unfortunately Grigsby chose the wrong one.

It would be very odd for them to designate blocks in a play design like that because they have no idea who is rushing other than assuming the DL will.  Ottawa was sending that halfback on delayed blitzes quite a bit, I think that's what tripped Grigsby up.  He went to double up with Pontbriand after he saw nothing else coming off the edge and missed the delayed halfback blitz.

Now why he watched Ottawa recover Willy's fumble...no explanation for that.

Based on what Doug Brown said, I'm thinking that a player who is suspended by the league for disciplinary reasons is still paid. From looking at the 2010 CBA I could see nothing that says a player does not get paid in that situation. If he didn't get paid then that would in effect make the fine more than the CBA allows. So no disrespect to posters here but given Doug Brown played and was a player rep for years, I think he knows this better than we do.