GDT: Ottawa @ Winnipeg

Rich

If Greaves can't go next week, does Swiston draws in at LG? or should we pickup a  guy like Peach from the Cgy's PR?

Bucknor played well, and lead the team in tackles (7) last night. Obviously, he's being picked on. Maybe rotating Bucknor and Alexander help strengthen that corner a bit ?

I'm hoping Willy's hand is OK.

If Greaves is out, my guess is Goossen & centre with Morley & Neufeld at guard.

If Greaves can't go next week, does Swiston draws in at LG? or should we pickup a  guy like Peach from the Cgy's PR?

Bucknor played well, and lead the team in tackles (7) last night. Obviously, he's being picked on. Maybe rotating Bucknor and Alexander help strengthen that corner a bit ?

I hold on Goosen as #6 OL for a bit.

missed most of the game :(

Can anyone give me a quick summary of the injuries?  Sounds like Greaves and January were both hurt, and Willy sounded pretty shook up in that post game...

Watch the post season press conference on the Bombers site.  Willy was not shook up he said he'll be ready to go for the next game.

I was surprised the Bombers didn't do that immediately after Greaves was injured.  Goosen looks small out thre when compared to Morley.

missed most of the game :(

Can anyone give me a quick summary of the injuries?  Sounds like Greaves and January were both hurt, and Willy sounded pretty shook up in that post game...

Watch the post season press conference on the Bombers site.  Willy was not shook up he said he'll be ready to go for the next game.

Thanks, haven't watched it yet, I'll take a gander.  People weren't freaking out here so I figured it wouldn't be too bad....

Willy did sound a bit "off" when he was on CJOB after the game.  My wife commented that he needs to work on his interviewing skills but if he was doped up on Demerol, then that might explain it a bit.

Maybe his head was a little more clear by the time they did the press conference?

Praying Willy's hand heals for the Montreal game. Or they can at least numb it. He was on a TON of demurral at the end of the game, apparently... 

I'm not a doctor (I just play one on tv...), but I'm 99.9% sure they wouldn't have given him demerol. He would have been having a nap on the bench if they pumped him full of that drug.

Ok, so watched the post game and I stand by the fact immediately after the game he didn't sound... that... confident about the injury.  O'Shea didn't seem too worried about it either.  

Willy has always seemed quite subdued so I'm not worried about that *shrug*.

he said on TSN immediately after the game "I'm on a lot of drugs right now, so we'll see how it is later"...hoping that it's not massively black and blue this morning (his hand)...

Well I have to admit I just about filled my pants when I saw the replay of Willy's hand bending backwards like that.

Looked brutal. I had something relatively similar happen playing baseball, when I went to barehand a ground ball and it didn't turn out too well. Snapped fingers back, and while it didn't break 'em, they were in a splint for awhile. I can only imagine how much worse it was for DW, 'cause they REALLY bent backward.

Looked brutal. I had something relatively similar happen playing baseball, when I went to barehand a ground ball and it didn't turn out too well. Snapped fingers back, and while it didn't break 'em, they were in a splint for awhile. I can only imagine how much worse it was for DW, 'cause they REALLY bent backward.

he'll just have to throw left-handed next game or just hand off on every down. It's just Montreal anyway so our D is probably going to score two or three TD's on their own.

Nice to see it only took 1 quarter for the Bombers to figure out what the RB's were doing. If they had film to prepare this wouldn't have been much of a game. This was probably Ottawa's best chance for a win this season unless they can acquire some decent receivers for Henry.

Willy did sound a bit "off" when he was on CJOB after the game.  My wife commented that he needs to work on his interviewing skills but if he was doped up on Demerol, then that might explain it a bit.

Maybe his head was a little more clear by the time they did the press conference?

Willy might need to learn how to smile instead of playing it Buster Keaton deadpan, especially for those radio interviews.

Ottawa @ Wpg. - After thoughts...

-bugs me they didn't challenge Johnson's catch on the sidelines early in the game, I maintain he didn't have control. That lead to the 1st TD.

-huge pass to Moore 50+ yards to set up our 1st TD Huge.

-Burris is a thief….he took away at least 2 sacks from us. Vega is still cursing.

-when I last looked, Zac Anderson was credited with Jake Thomas's sack

-Big League Teague with a nice partial block to help with the momentum

-crowd noise… responsible for 2 time counts, one leading to our 1st FG. awesome.

-Unamba, starting to be a force on STs

-My player of the game, Demond Washington…obviously for the TD runback but also for tackling Walker for a 5 yard loss on 2nd and 2 for Ottawa making them attempt a unsuccessful 49 yard FG in the 3rd quarter…huge momentum change right there.

-Sadly, Ottawa did beat us in TOP….by 3 seconds.

Love how this team is starting gel and come together…you can just see it.

Huge comeback win. Huge.

*** One more thing…Aaron Kelly - making clutch catches in tough situations.

Willy might need to learn how to smile instead of playing it Buster Keaton deadpan, especially for those radio interviews.

Drew sounds just right to me!

-bugs me they didn't challenge Johnson's catch on the sidelines early in the game, I maintain he didn't have control. That lead to the 1st TD.

Might have been worth a challenge from Ottawa if it was ruled incomplete, but going the other way, complete to incomplete, on the challenge would have certainly not been overturned.

He has control and turns upfield (football move), catch complete, then he gets stripped.

Might have been worth a challenge from Ottawa if it was ruled incomplete, but going the other way, complete to incomplete, on the challenge would have certainly not been overturned.

He has control and turns upfield (football move), catch complete, then he gets stripped.

That's just it though, the ball comes, he makes the catch as he's turning, the strip as he's turning, all in the matter of a second or two.

It's closer than you think.

What's a Buster Keaton?