GDT: Ottawa @ Winnipeg

Rich

Its Game Day!

Looks like the rain is behind us as the forecast for game time is 23 degrees and sunny and with a Southerly wind @ 15 km/hour.

REDBLACKS are in town for their first CFL game ever.  Lets see if the Blue and Gold can build on their outstanding effort last week against Toronto.

As always, for those not attending the game, join us in our chat room for play by play discussion and commentary!

Excited and nervous about this bruising encounter between the Blacks and Blue.

I'm liking the calm demeanour that Mike O'Shea brings and the focus he provides.

No game film?

"Know yourselves". "Know your assignments".

Sounds easy enough.  :)

After not being online for the game last week, I'm excited to get the chat room going again this evening. Re-stocking the Gibby's after work, and the old lady found herself a case of Half Pints (she's a big craft beer snob) to bring some Manitoba flavour into the house. Gonna be a good'n! GO BLUE!! Game Day: We All Play.

Dissappointed that our Games are mostly Thursdays as I have Taekwondo practice those days.  Will miss the first half! Hopefully we stick it to them and I get home in time to catch us winning the second half and handle Ottawa as we handled Toronto last week

Dissappointed that our Games are mostly Thursdays as I have Taekwondo practice those days.  Will miss the first half! Hopefully we stick it to them and I get home in time to catch us winning the second half and handle Ottawa as we handled Toronto last week

That would make it TaekwonD'oh!

Big reason I didn't get seasons this year was because there were so many Thursday home games...

Captain an Ultimate team on Thursdays.... can't skip when you're the captain

I do think Thursday games are a thing of the past.

I think that "lake generation" premise has moved on and so has the need to pander to them, but it's really up to the fans to make their concerns known.

This administration wants to listen to what the fans are saying, so it's up to us to voice our concerns.

Here's Johnny….

"It is fun. It's very fun. It's exciting," said Bombers linebacker/safety Johnny Sears, Jr. of the defensive scheme. "You saw it a few times, sometimes I was in the middle, sometimes I was at safety. It's inter-changeable with a lot of guys that can play anywhere. It makes you want to play the game. The coaches give us the insight of what to do and we work it out ourselves.

"It's still early, everything's not really in yet and we're still getting to know guys and feel guys out. We could still get that much better, which is scary when you look at film. We're trying to build it slowly and progress each week as a unit."

It worked last week and was entertaining to watch.

I'd like to see it work again and I want to see Henry's confused expression often.

* Wpg. Free Press

And I'm on the other side of things. I missed so many games being out of town on business on weekends last year and these Thursday games have saved me. Gone to a weekend-long wedding tomorrow, weekend-long bachelor party the day after the Edmonton game, and another weekend-long wedding Aug 1-3 (though July 31 is an away game, but I'd still have to miss it if it was during the weekend).

These Thursday games have saved me from having to choose between football and all of my idiot friends that keep getting married. Or rather, they've saved my friends from not having to find another groomsman. 

And I'm on the other side of things. I missed so many games being out of town on business on weekends last year and these Thursday games have saved me. Gone to a weekend-long wedding tomorrow, weekend-long bachelor party the day after the Edmonton game, and another weekend-long wedding Aug 1-3 (though July 31 is an away game, but I'd still have to miss it if it was during the weekend).

These Thursday games have saved me from having to choose between football and all of my idiot friends that keep getting married. Or rather, they've saved my friends from not having to find another groomsman. 

I like keeping the Friday open too.

I don't really care what day they play, is totally irrelevant to me, i have a cabin, we got a satellite dish, if i'm out at the cabin i can watch the game there, no big deal. It's actually pretty nice watching the game at the lake, game over, go for swim. before game, go wakeboarding or tubing or whatever else. Fire afterwards. All good. 

Don't have season tickets, have more important things to spend my money on, plus my "friends" aren't really that big in to bomber games actually, not that big in to hockey games either, will go for free but rarely to never have they paid for tickets themselves. I guess i could have got some and went with my dad and mom or girlfriend but... kind of a transitional time for me, just bought a house, a new car, got a baby on the way. I guess those things take precedent. Will go to a few games this year still but... pretty tough for me to make it out to all games this season, next season, i might be back. We shall see. I have no issues watching the games on tv though in the comfort of my home. 

I don't really care what day they play, is totally irrelevant to me, i have a cabin, we got a satellite dish, if i'm out at the cabin i can watch the game there, no big deal. It's actually pretty nice watching the game at the lake, game over, go for swim. before game, go wakeboarding or tubing or whatever else. Fire afterwards. All good. 

Don't have season tickets, have more important things to spend my money on, plus my "friends" aren't really that big in to bomber games actually, not that big in to hockey games either, will go for free but rarely to never have they paid for tickets themselves. I guess i could have got some and went with my dad and mom or girlfriend but... kind of a transitional time for me, just bought a house, a new car, got a baby on the way. I guess those things take precedent. Will go to a few games this year still but... pretty tough for me to make it out to all games this season, next season, i might be back. We shall see. I have no issues watching the games on tv though in the comfort of my home. 

You only get the sympathy and understanding of the board if you are a player... I don't see a valid excuse for NOT attending games! 

You only get the sympathy and understanding of the board if you are a player... I don't see a valid excuse for NOT attending games! 

lol. They cost a lot of money. 

Here's Johnny….

"It is fun. It's very fun. It's exciting," said Bombers linebacker/safety Johnny Sears, Jr. of the defensive scheme. "You saw it a few times, sometimes I was in the middle, sometimes I was at safety. It's inter-changeable with a lot of guys that can play anywhere. It makes you want to play the game. The coaches give us the insight of what to do and we work it out ourselves.

"It's still early, everything's not really in yet and we're still getting to know guys and feel guys out. We could still get that much better, which is scary when you look at film. We're trying to build it slowly and progress each week as a unit."

It worked last week and was entertaining to watch.

I'd like to see it work again and I want to see Henry's confused expression often.

* Wpg. Free Press

Yup.

This...I loved having my season tix when I lived in MB, but I'm also a huge fan of watching a game at Victoria Beach. We've got a dish, so we can sit and drink and watch the game, and then down the steps and into Lake Winnipeg for a dip at half time, then back up for the 2nd half. It's actually exactly what we did last Labour Day when we had a family get together...

I love Thursday games in the summer & Saturday nights in the fall ...

too much to do Friday nights & daytime on weekends

Thursdays mean I can totally focus on the game without worry, obligation or compromise

Thursdays are great nights. Funny how the same people will willingly go to a Jets game at 8 pm on a Monday night but ***** about evening CFL games during the week.