GDT: Ottawa @ Winnipeg

Rich

Ottawa @ Wpg. - After thoughts...

-bugs me they didn't challenge Johnson's catch on the sidelines early in the game, I maintain he didn't have control. That lead to the 1st TD.

Might have been worth a challenge from Ottawa if it was ruled incomplete, but going the other way, complete to incomplete, on the challenge would have certainly not been overturned.

He has control and turns upfield (football move), catch complete, then he gets stripped.

That's just it though, the ball comes, he makes the catch as he's turning, the strip as he's turning, all in the matter of a second or two.

It's closer than you think.

No it's been called like that for years now, there was no way that was going to be ruled incomplete. He tucked the ball and took a step, that's a catch in the CFL.

Willy did sound a bit "off" when he was on CJOB after the game.  My wife commented that he needs to work on his interviewing skills but if he was doped up on Demerol, then that might explain it a bit.

Maybe his head was a little more clear by the time they did the press conference?

Willy might need to learn how to smile instead of playing it Buster Keaton deadpan, especially for those radio interviews.

What's a Buster Keaton?

Its either an ice cream treat at Dairy Queen or a poker-faced silent film star.