Argos @ Bombers Gdt -- Game Day: We All Play

Noeller

Jade and Kohlert looked good in the first half,  how did they do in the 2nd?   How was the o line protection?

They catch the ball when it's thrown there way.  Etienne has some big play potential if we use him right.  Kohlert doesn't possess one great trait but he does everything adequately.

They catch the ball when it's thrown there way.  Etienne has some big play potential if we use him right.  Kohlert doesn't possess one great trait but he does everything adequately.

To me Kohlert is this generations Stoddard. Doesn't leap out at you but just keeps doing what he has to. 

Just finishing up the second half re-watch.... Will Ford is just not a good kick returner.

Not good at much if he's not in space.  Not worth a DI spot IMO.

Really disappointed with Simpson's running too.  He's dancing behind the line and trying to make every play into a 80 yard TD.  It's zone run blocking, ONE CUT AND UPFIELD!  Get 4-5-6 every touch and the big plays will come.

Not good at much if he's not in space.  Not worth a DI spot IMO.

Really disappointed with Simpson's running too.  He's dancing behind the line and trying to make every play into a 80 yard TD.  It's zone run blocking, ONE CUT AND UPFIELD!  Get 4-5-6 every touch and the big plays will come.

Might be about time we give Chris Garrett a shot, although since we're only running the ball ten times a game it probably wouldn't do very much.

Crowton is handcuffed with inexperience. Denmark was solid, Kohlert is solid, D. Pierce did fine. Simpson wants to run east west and not north south. Renaud...yikes....Green back to his old self penalty after penalty on ST. This team is in disarray

Ray being 19 of 20 is ridiculous... I really thought we had a strong secondary.... hope I'm not wrong about that, though I am starting to have my doubts.

We need to get Woods on the field IMO. 

I hope Goltz is now our number 1. Looks better, and is actually mobile, not fake mobile like Buck. I cant stand it when ppl talk about how Buck is so dangerous with his feet and needs to be let loose, because he is about as mobile as Kevin Glenn. Maybe even less.

We need to do something about the O-line as well. 

Find a real WLB. If Marty Bowman is ever healthy we should make a deal for Jamal Johnson. I've wanted that guy on my team for years!

Wouldn't mind putting Sears at boundary Corner in place of Jovon once Dunn is healthy. But I got a feeling Jovon is the buck pierce of the defence in regards to Burke playing him because he likes him.

I also think Having Anderson and Frazier in @ DT is effecting us more than people realize. There was reference to them not being disciplined in there rush lanes, and I think JT really plugs up the middle @ NT. Losing Turner is always bad, no matter how much you slice it.

I believe we have a good team, we just need to manage the roster better.

And u think Mack is going to let anyone tell him what to do? I think that is a contributor to their problems. HR rule numer one hire people smarter than u. They make u look good. He failed that class and that's what insecure people do. Bravado and arrogance is what they hide behind.

I think we talk about the coaching staff more than mgmt. at this point because there is a concern in Crowton's packages. This however, is skewed because of packages for Buck. Let's see what Crowton can do with other QBs.

What is worrisome is the lack of overall professionalism of this team, the focus, and the discipline.

Other observations.

Demond Washington is a keeper.

Take Will Ford off of returns...unless you want safe 7 to 15 yds. per.

Most embarrassing play? Allowing R Ray to run 18 yes for a TD.

What? Simpson fumbles again?

Still puzzling....the need to throw for 8-10 yds. and the play calling to throw for 0-5 yds.

Also, why did we abandon those quick passes so quickly?

Lots of good plays from the NI receiving corps.

Heads up to Denmark for a comeback game.

Catch of the game to R. Kohlert

I think we talk about the coaching staff more than mgmt. at this point because there is a concern in Crowton's packages. This however, is skewed because of packages for Buck. Let's see what Crowton can do with other QBs.

What is worrisome is the lack of overall professionalism of this team, the focus, and the discipline.

Other observations.

Demond Washington is a keeper.

Take Will Ford off of returns...unless you want safe 7 to 15 yds. per. agree, brutal returner

Most embarrassing play? Allowing R Ray to run 18 yes for a TD.

What? Simpson fumbles again? some pretty lousy running too

Still puzzling....the need to throw for 8-10 yds. and the play calling to throw for 0-5 yds. - aggravating to throw to a guy 4 yards behidn the first down marker when he has 3 defenders sitting there waiting to tackle him

Also, why did we abandon those quick passes so quickly?

Lots of good plays from the NI receiving corps. - Agree, NI receivers + Denmark were our best players on the field

Heads up to Denmark for a comeback game. - Agree he seemed to have some extra energy

Catch of the game to R. Kohlert

And u think Mack is going to let anyone tell him what to do? I think that is a contributor to their problems. HR rule numer one hire people smarter than u. They make u look good. He failed that class and that's what insecure people do. Bravado and arrogance is what they hide behind.

That's absurd

have to admit, that's why i thought Mack chose Waters over Forde. he was loathe to bring in a guy who could conceivably be his replacement. 

or crazy thought, he had more faith in the guy actually working in the CFL over a talking head on TSN. Walters was already heavily involved in the Bombers NI scouting, all the rest of this is just insanity. I think it's simply a case that he doesn't have a good eye for head coaches. He's gone about building the depth on this team both I and NI, there's really just 2 sore spots in his time here, HC and qb and those are both tied together. 

Congrats to the Argos.....the score flattered the Blue.   Toronto had a great game plan on O, superbly executed by Ray....but the most disappointing thing, was the way we got beat at the LOS.  

Other thing, the last couple of weeks.....still a quarterback driven league.....watching Burris and Ray vs Pierce.....total mismatch. 

Alternative Thread Title:  Game Day: We all Pay

have to admit, that's why i thought Mack chose Waters over Forde. he was loathe to bring in a guy who could conceivably be his replacement

Based on what?  Walters is way more qualified for coaching and personnel positions in elite level football than Forde.

What is on Forde's CV?  Colour commentator on TSN, talking head associated with a secondary CFL draft combine.  He's got several rungs he needs to climb on that ladder before he can be conceivably thought of as anything to a CFL team.  Demanding a high six-figure salary and control over certain aspects of football operations guaranteed he wouldn't get a job in the CFL this past off-season, even with several teams interested.