Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members

Noeller

@ArashMadani: Bang. RT @JasonAMT: @CFLMikeCopeland your PR bullying tactics are embarrassing, and unprofessional. We stand United as a union. #CFL #CFLPA

@ArashMadani: And boom goes the dynamite. RT @scratchingpost: #CFLPA VP Marwan Hage: "It's two steps forward, ten steps backward." #CFL

@ArashMadani: BREAKING: Excerpt from CFLPA internal memo: "After we are legally allowed to conduct the vote in Alberta, we will all strike together." #CFL

@ArashMadani: Unnecessary! RT @AndrewBucholtz: The NFL has independent sideline neurologists, but #CFL president Michael Copeland says they're unnecessary

@ArashMadani: BREAKING: #CFL commissioner Mark Cohon has, at last, joined the bargaining talks between the league and the players... Urgency being felt.

@ArashMadani: Wow. Now the #CFL players are tossing back uppercuts. RT @CButler28: When can I get my Cohon jersey?

@ArashMadani: Boom. RT @KBergCBS: NBA and the Sterling family trust have settled their dispute, league announces. The team will be sold to Steve Ballmer.

The company always has the better pr too. Unions might waste money on stupid things but it's rarely spent on pr and marketing.

Actually I hear the teachers, electrician, and various government employee unions advertising all the time

@ArashMadani: Bang. RT @JasonAMT: @CFLMikeCopeland your PR bullying tactics are embarrassing, and unprofessional. We stand United as a union. #CFL #CFLPA

@ArashMadani: And boom goes the dynamite. RT @scratchingpost: #CFLPA VP Marwan Hage: "It's two steps forward, ten steps backward." #CFL

@ArashMadani: BREAKING: Excerpt from CFLPA internal memo: "After we are legally allowed to conduct the vote in Alberta, we will all strike together." #CFL

@ArashMadani: Unnecessary! RT @AndrewBucholtz: The NFL has independent sideline neurologists, but #CFL president Michael Copeland says they're unnecessary

@ArashMadani: BREAKING: #CFL commissioner Mark Cohon has, at last, joined the bargaining talks between the league and the players... Urgency being felt.

@ArashMadani: Wow. Now the #CFL players are tossing back uppercuts. RT @CButler28: When can I get my Cohon jersey?

@ArashMadani: Boom. RT @KBergCBS: NBA and the Sterling family trust have settled their dispute, league announces. The team will be sold to Steve Ballmer.

is there a more unlikable member of the media?

BANG, BOOM, BREAKING, WOW!

Someone needs to make a comic book about this guy!

Someone needs to make a comic book about this guy!

Wait. He's not in a comic already called " real life " .

He seems like a tool

I don't mind Madani. Why is it people here to have a hate on for someone in the media everyday?

I don't get the thing about sideline neurologists. Just seems like an idea that is being puffed up without actually thinking about it.

Does the NHL have specific neurologists on the bench? My understanding is there are league mandated protocols in place for the teams existing training staff to abide by.

Are the cfl trainers not capable of checking for concussions etc?

Players should understand that the nfl has a lot

Of things the cfl doesn't and won't have.

neurologists wouldn't come cheap either, you are probably look at a few hundred grand (250 k ish) for just one.. how many would they need? 

4 seems to be a number that would work but right there is 1 million bucks, players willing to give up something else to make that happen? 

those neurologists would be paid more than most of the players.

neurologists wouldn't come cheap either, you are probably look at a few hundred grand (250 k ish) for just one.. how many would they need? 

4 seems to be a number that would work but right there is 1 million bucks, players willing to give up something else to make that happen? 

those neurologists would be paid more than most of the players.

I don't think they'd be working full-time for the teams.  Probably pay them to be on-call during games, probably a few thousand per game, 81 games x $2500, $200,000 per season for the entire league, something in that range.

Anyone else not crazy about the active roster increase ?

Why does there need to be another two players dressed and why only two on the reserve list ?

Should have just stayed at 42 + 4 or if they really want to add to the roster 46 + 4.

I'd also like to see the league make it harder for teams to hide players on the IR and QBs included in the ratio.

Why does there need to be another two players dressed and why only two on the reserve list ?

Should have just stayed at 42 + 4 or if they really want to add to the roster 46 + 4.

I'd also like to see the league make it harder for teams to hide players on the IR and QBs included in the ratio.

Why not just let teams dress 46 guys if they want and scrap the reserve list altogether?  Only added cost would be travel for road games, but if that's an issue, a team can travel with less than 46.

I don't mind Madani. Why is it people here to have a hate on for someone in the media everyday?

Because nobody likes a Arash in the summertime…. can be so annoying. 

mzl.cuxzbiri.175x175-75.jpg​  ……19189251-cartoon--crash-comic-book-eleme​  …….27374102-vector-cartoon-boom.jpg

It's just his style. He is very well connected to the CFL. He could have, like 90% of the national sports media in this country, chosen to ignore the CFL & follow MLB, NFL, NBA & the NHL. Be grateful he feels the CFL is important.,

The one thing I don't like about this place is the constant bitching about the media whether it's local or national. I get people don't like Paul friesen or Wiecek. I just get sick of hearing about it everytime they post a story some of you don't like. Now, today it's *****, *****, ***** about Madani. 

Why not just let teams dress 46 guys if they want and scrap the reserve list altogether?  Only added cost would be travel for road games, but if that's an issue, a team can travel with less than 46.

Injuries. The more players they can dress the better. I'd like it if they could dress 8 OL every game. 

Because nobody likes a A*rash in the summertime…. can be so annoying. 

mzl.cuxzbiri.175x175-75.jpg​  ……19189251-cartoon--crash-comic-book-eleme​  …….27374102-vector-cartoon-boom.jpg

It's just his style. He is very well connected to the CFL. He could have, like 90% of the national sports media in this country, chosen to ignore the CFL & follow MLB, NFL, NBA & the NHL. Be grateful he feels the CFL is important.,

Just to be clear, I wasn't necessarily talking about Madani. 

The way I see it is that these guys are football players and like you said, they're not the most well versed in labour negotiations. They're just hearing what they've been told from a fairly underwhelming players association. I totally agree that if the PA were to vote, the deal would pass.

I see you called me out there Mike regarding my tweets towards Korey Banks. I've seen many of your tweets on Twitter towards local media that is quite disrespectful, and you frame yourself as being a hero on here. In fact you mentioned several Winnipeg sports media have blocked you for your disrespectful comments towards them on twitter.

Whatever you say.

Because nobody likes a A*rash in the summertime…. can be so annoying. 

Just to be clear, I wasn't necessarily talking about Madani. 

I wasn't singling you out. :)

I'd be good with that as well. Honestly I've never understood why there's a reserve list in the first place.

One of the reasons I'd rather see the active roster get smaller is due to specialty players (IE players that only have one skill set and only come in for certain plays), IMO once there's too many of them the game becomes more robotic.. Although having an extra olineman or two could prove useful in case of injuries.

Has there been any speculation as to how the strike vote went?

If the PA and League are not in communication and the votes have been counted and considering the PA's email to membership seemed to point to a definitive strike action, can we assume the lack of action is indicative of a vote that wasnt in favour of striking?

There has been chatter on Twitter this morning from the media that the league may lock the players out before the season starts if a deal can't be had. This would be to pre-empt the players from striking right before the playoffs.

Other tweets also mention that a majority voted to strike. Nothing official from the PA though.

i dont think it makes much sense for the players to strike right now, unless they just want to avoid training camp.  But for many players they have to see that as a detriment to their careers potentially.   The real pressure in a strike would be before the first game of the season. 

On the flip side, I agree 100% that the league should lock the players out if there is no agreement.  I wonder if they have anything in place to add games to the schedule.  I cant see anyone wanting to play football outdoors in December, so would they add early week games and have teams do a couple of short weeks?

Regardless, if both sides are strategizing the best time for labour action and NOT talking in the meantime, they are both fools, the PA moreso though as the league has made a reasonable offer.  The PA should counter with something more in line with the League's offer.

The one thing I don't like about this place is the constant bitching about the media whether it's local or national. I get people don't like Paul friesen or Wiecek. I just get sick of hearing about it everytime they post a story some of you don't like. Now, today it's *****, *****, ***** about Madani. 

Well guys like Friesen and Madani bring it on themselves.  Friesen revels in trolling Winnipeg fans.  And Madani has tweeted a lot of the most petty, antagonistic things I've seen from national journalists about the Bomber organization.