Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members

Noeller

i really don't understand why the PA refuses to let the players vote on the latest proposal. Let them vote, if they are as united as they believe they are, there should be no issues there.

Players could still cross even with a strike in place. Vote or no vote doesn't necessarily indicate how united they are. That being said I obviously don't know how likely that is to actually happen.

The idea of the players attending camp while the two parties continue to negotiate might actually favour the players.  Once the players get on the field I believe that they'll hold the hammer over the league.  If I was Flory I'd agree to it and then hold the league hostage if negotiations don't go the players way. 

I remember 1982 in the NFL when the players went on strike & the NFL used replacement players. The big name players like Boomer Esiason & Eric Dickerson came back on their own defying their own union &  then a stream of veterans came back after a couple of week or so. The NFLPA collapsed. Took them nearly 20 years to get any power back.

The reason you lock players out is to take away their power. The NHLPA offered to play during negotiations. You never do that. Games right now are less valuable then games later. Worse case scenario they negotiate all season and players walk before grey cup. Don't play without an agreement.

Also unions never want to take offers to membership unless union leadership feels it's the best deal they can get. You often will a willing

Majority screw it up for the resolute minority.

The Saskatchewan numbers were just released. I'm too lazy to look. Wasn't it $60 million in revenue or something? And the $10 million profit includes $9million from the grey cup. So take that away and even the riders were razor thin margin.

Some idiotic blogger from the US on Twitter is trying to tell me that Saskatchewan made a profit of nearly 150 million dollars .... during Grey Cup week.

... and that's why he is claiming the players are asking for more than a reasonable amount of money.

He probably means the Grey Cup resulted in a $150 million economic impact for Sask.

I doubt it. He told me a "trusted source" confirmed to him that each team made roughly 18m a year in profit.

He's just a bozo

Can somebody explain to me what this statement means:

Durant at RMP: "The feeling in the league is it's 50/50" regarding support for the strike

Does he mean the players?

saw the tweet too, suspect it means, at least that is what i interpreted as, is the league feels the strike vote is 50/50 amongst players. 50 percent want too strike, 50 percent do not.

durant tho? as in darian? i'd suspect the qb's are in the "not wanting to strike" camp.

See, this is what happens in a league where careers arent long, these guys no they only have so much time... it boggles my mind that they are even thinking about striking when in reality, that could be the end of many of their careers.

man oh man, the canadian players at it on twitter too, these guys are delushional little morons, if not for the ratio, most wouldn't be in the league. who the heck is tristan black and why does he think he matters? 

Bo Levi Mitchell just said the league wants a 5 year deal, but thinks in 3 years the tsn deal will be renegotiated, where are they getting this info from? how are they gonna renegoiate a tv deal in 3 years when the deal is for 8 isn't it? someone be spewing a whole lot of bs to these guys it seems.

Does he think it's going to be renegotiated in favour of the league or in favour of TSN? Because if the players think TSN will drop the money they are paying that sentiment would certainly work in favour of the cfl.

If he thinks the deal will benefit the cfl then he should be very happy with the leagues offer to renegotiate the cba in three years of league revenue spikes.

This could be the end for a lot of guys actually. 

Every year, every darn year, several new players come in to every team...

wally buono has said something about turning over half your roster most off seasons.

The players are thinking way to long term when most of them wont even be around in 3 years.

I dont get their mentality here. Do you think the players in 3 years are gonna care about these guys now? No, they are gonna take their jobs.

apparently its only a 4 year tv deal? why did i think it was 8.

You thought about it twice in one day?

I hate to jiggle your mind again, but it's a 5 year deal

My understanding is it's a four year deal with the option to extend for a 5th, which the CFL is guaranteed to do.

Still in the consequence-free time.  Possible consequences - players losing some prep time.  Solution - come to camp "in good faith".  Still in the consequence free time.  No deal will happen until people stand to lose money by delaying one more minute.

Anyways, back to the topic somewhat. 

More specifically the tweets. i see nik lewis is at it again... Moron. 

Anyone see korey banks' tweets yesterday? talking about how the players need more money cuz the canadian dollar is low?

is this the high character type of guy we want on our team? Between banks and moore, i'm not sure how i feel anymore about the direction of the team.

I understand they are being union guys but.. the stupidity with a couple of their tweets really makes you question their character a wee bit.

Maybe it's just me, but i'd love to see these 2 guys get cut. lol. ok, maybe that's going to the extreme but i think i might have a hard time cheering for 2 dbags.

When the season does start, these 2 better step up.. the keyboard warrior stuff is really getting ridiculous, thought we got away from that when we let hef and jj go.

Anyone see korey banks' tweets yesterday? talking about how the players need more money cuz the canadian dollar is low?

Quick, someone retweet back to him that it's cheaper to live in Winnipeg rather then Vancouver, so he'll be making gobs more money just because of that.

Seriously, what a stupid tweet.  Since the Canadian dollar is lower then the US, we should be making more?  Yeah, ok...but how can the CFL stay afloat if they're giving you all their money?  Oooohhh, that's right, you don't care because you're almost retired so you just want to milk it for all it's worth before you're gone and don't give a rats ass about the rookies or all the future Football players who will be part of the league years down the road.

I wouldn't cut the guy because of his tweets....it makes me want to smack him a little...a lot...but not cut him.

Quick, someone retweet back to him that it's cheaper to live in Winnipeg rather then Vancouver, so he'll be making gobs more money just because of that.

Seriously, what a stupid tweet.  Since the Canadian dollar is lower then the US, we should be making more?  Yeah, ok...but how can the CFL stay afloat if they're giving you all their money?  Oooohhh, that's right, you don't care because you're almost retired so you just want to milk it for all it's worth before you're gone and don't give a rats ass about the rookies or all the future Football players who will be part of the league years down the road.

I wouldn't cut the guy because of his tweets....it makes me want to smack him a little...a lot...but not cut him.

gbill tweeted him back telling him that if the canadian dollar is an issue, he can go play in the arena league. I thought that was sufficient.