Madani: CFLPA Recommends Strike Vote To Members

Noeller

League is silly if they don't lock out players.

Twitter all afire with pics of the cflpa voting stations which consist of mini vans in parking lots. Lol

Well, like what were you expecting? These guys are in TC & have practices as well as meetings all day.

I doubt the 10th team parts of the cba are causing issues.

No, but even putting that in a CBA offer from the CFL is ludicrous. Why makes things more difficult than they are?

Because when it gets removed it looks like a concession by the owners, making the players feel better. All part of collective bargaining negotiations.

In most labour arguments I side with the owners, since the players make quite a lot of money and as employees, are required to either play for what the employers are giving you or find a different job. 

Since the CFL has grown substantially in the past decade or so and the players still don't make a lot, I side with them on this one.  Told some of them at camp I was rooting for them.

3 hour cflpa conference call.

This is either, they are telling all players the deal is done or they are gonna walk out shortly. 

3 hours is very long.

heart wants to say they got a deal done, head and gut know better though. Its to implement their strike strategy cuz how would it take 3 hours to let players now a deal is done.

3 hour cflpa conference call.

This is either, they are telling all players the deal is done or they are gonna walk out shortly. 

3 hours is very long.

heart wants to say they got a deal done, head and gut know better though. Its to implement their strike strategy cuz how would it take 3 hours to let players now a deal is done.

Strange indeed. I suspect they were either talking about selective strikes prior to televised games or trying to talk membership into accepting a last ditch CFL offer (perhaps a 3 to 5% bump on the cap)

just saying but i doubt that 2 owners (braley and wettenhall) are actually holding things up, i highly doubt it.

sure they own 3 of the 9 teams in the league but... i doubt 2 guys would try to do something to harm the 6 other teams they dont own.

Ed Tait told me on Twitter that they don't actually have a done deal yet, but they're close enough to go ahead with games.

yeah they do, it's just tentative though, its like.. done but the players and owners need to ratify it.

T's to cross, I's to dots... lawyers gotta sign up on it, etc etc

it's like when the nhl lockout ended, fehr and bettman came out on tv, said we have reached a deal.. well, that deal wasn't officially signed until a few days to a week or so later. Needed to be ratified or approved by the owners and players.

When a deal is reached between those in charge and the league, the deal always gets ratified.

Players will vote this through, might not be 100 percent (never is) will be like 90/10 or something ridiculous.

That 10 percent will never be known but you could guess who they were by their tweets.

Most players on my twitter seem to be more happy that the season is gonna start on time and that they are gonna get to play games soon.

Of course there are always the bitter players and those players seem to reside in calgary right now.