Watson Injured In Practice

Don't get me wrong, he's absolutely 100% right that something ridiculous like that is enough to get a bit player kicked off a team.

But you can't be making empty threats like that in a public forum.

I disagree. Knowing very little about West, bit player or not, I would be surprised if something like this caused the axe to fall.  Players practice with too much intensity all the time, and something like this may happen one out of a hundred times.  It was an accident.  As a coach, I wouldn't handle the situation any different if it was the other way around.  The punishment (whatever it may be) should be the same no matter what players are involved.  

Still a stupid comment by Burke.

This is reminding me of the game I went to in 2010 - Buck was struggling after a knee injury limited his speed, but Lapo started him anyway because we had nothing better in the bullpen.  Our receiving situation was way worse then it is now, even with Edwards, Matthews and Watson out - our best NI receiver was BROCK RALPH and other than Edwards, we had Mr. I CAN'T CATCH Adarius Bowman and some guy named Jaymael Smith.  And THEN, our kicker got hurt in warm-ups, so now Renaud has to kick the extra points, and we have some unknown linebacker doing the kick-offs.  We had no one to kick FG's.  It was a joke.  This is a little better, but not much.  I was hoping this year we'd avoid the injury bug a bit more than last year, but here we go again.

This is reminding me of the game I went to in 2010 - Buck was struggling after a knee injury limited his speed, but Lapo started him anyway because we had nothing better in the bullpen.  Our receiving situation was way worse then it is now, even with Edwards, Matthews and Watson out - our best NI receiver was BROCK RALPH and other than Edwards, we had Mr. I CAN'T CATCH Adarius Bowman and some guy named Jaymael Smith.  And THEN, our kicker got hurt in warm-ups, so now Renaud has to kick the extra points, and we have some unknown linebacker doing the kick-offs.  We had no one to kick FG's.  It was a joke.  This is a little better, but not much.  I was hoping this year we'd avoid the injury bug a bit more than last year, but here we go again.

We could have Jordan Taormina blocking for Bloi-Dei Dorzon. At least our receivers are promising, if nothing else yet.

Courtney something-or-other did the kick-offs

I think I'm the only one not concerned about the receiver situation for next game. Losing Watson is most certainly a loss since he's the only guy who has any sort of chemistry with Pierce but the lineup of Pierce, Anderson, Kohlert, Etienne and Denmark isn't as scary as people seem to think it is. First of all, it's not as if we're going to be tearing it up through the air anyway and Anderson showed some incredible potential and polish in limited time last year and through TC this year. Pierce is someone we've all wanted to see for a while now and let's all be honest, receiver is the easiest position in the CFL to step in and succeed right away. Calgary's offense didn't suffer at all when Price and West stepped in last year and when Simon and Bruce were hurt or struggling last year, Taylor and Ernest Jackson were quite good in their first seasons.

I think I'm the only one not concerned about the receiver situation for next game. Losing Watson is most certainly a loss since he's the only guy who has any sort of chemistry with Pierce but the lineup of Pierce, Anderson, Kohlert, Etienne and Denmark isn't as scary as people seem to think it is. First of all, it's not as if we're going to be tearing it up through the air anyway and Anderson showed some incredible potential and polish in limited time last year and through TC this year. Pierce is someone we've all wanted to see for a while now and let's all be honest, receiver is the easiest position in the CFL to step in and succeed right away. Calgary's offense didn't suffer at all when Price and West stepped in last year and when Simon and Bruce were hurt or struggling last year, Taylor and Ernest Jackson were quite good in their first seasons.

I agree that they all have potential, but there's not a hell of a lot of experience out there, and that is cause for some concern. 

Well this sucks, although I'm not as worried about our injuries as some.

Watsons injury I think will hurt as IMO he's been our best receiver, Matthews sitting out and getting healthy isn't a bad thing, considering he's been playing hurt as of late.

Would have been nice to see Fitzgerald in the line-up though, but then again I'm not one to complain.

Well this sucks, although I'm not as worried about our injuries as some.

Watsons injury I think will hurt as IMO he's been our best receiver, Matthews sitting out and getting healthy isn't a bad thing, considering he's been playing hurt as of late.

Would have been nice to see Fitzgerald in the line-up though, but then again I'm not one to complain.

yeah considering he's been less effective I don't mind Pierce going on, it's really the fact that there's no real veterans in there that hurts the most. In terms of the physical abilities they have I think all of the receivers that will play can do the job, but there's no substitute for someone who has been there and done that before. 

Precisely what I said earlier....Burke is not that smart and has no filter

Hey I don't mind the coach calling a guy out for his brainfarts and mess ups.... but what I don't get is that Buck goes out and takes a dump 3 weeks in a row and instead of directly calling him out he "passes the buck" pardon the pun.    

Zero consistency on offense... zero consistency on Burkes insults....

Jade Etienne is quite possibly our best receiver playing this week. Who in the blue hell would of predicted this would ever occur in the off season? Matthews and Watson are big losses, Watson is playing lights out and Matthews still commands respect despite his struggles(as does Edwards). 

And yes we can all agree that Dan West does most deservingly deserve to lose his job due to what he did to Watson.

Jade Etienne is quite possibly our best receiver playing this week. Who in the blue hell would of predicted this would ever occur in the off season? Matthews and Watson are big losses, Watson is playing lights out and Matthews still commands respect despite his struggles(as does Edwards). 

And yes we can all agree that Dan West does most deservingly deserve to lose his job due to what he did to Watson.

Uh...nope we can't all agree