Cgy At Ssk

Usually deals like this don't appear to be terrible for a few years but needless to say, Saskatchewan should again be over the cap this year.

The inbreds really want to be in the Cup this year so I'm sure they've told Taman that going over the cap is allowed if that's what it takes.  Given Taman's SMS is on subway napkins he's probably over-joyed to have even less responsibility than usual this year.  It will be sweet if the Bombers make it to the show and humiliate the toothless ones in their home pig sty this November.

Labatte was horrendously overpaid. So far it looks like a terrible deal for Saskatchewan.

So our line gets credit for Chad Simpson's play but Labatte gets crapped on for two 130 yard games by Sheets...  I see.

Sask has the best line in the league right now.  We are battling to get to mediocre.

You'd leave Greaves unprotected?

Also, pretty sure we can only protect 6, not 7.

And what has Matt Vonk done to be considered a "legit NI OL", in your eyes?

Um, Matt Vonk was in addition to the 6 NI legit OL... maybe re-read that post.  Or maybe I just didn't word it right.

Picard, Heenan, Labatte, Best, Neufeld, Clark, Watman... Technically, Corey Watman has not 'done' anything to be a legit NI OL so there you go... but I would take him if I was Ottawa.

And, yeah, Greaves is decent but Swiston or anyone could step into his place in a heartbeat.  I just don't think we are on the radar for OL...

Fair enough.

I don't know what Ottawa's strategy is going to be for this expansion draft, but if it were me I'd be going after established veteran Canadians rather than prospects, even if they are a little older.  They will have 7 picks in the 2014 CFL draft and the 4 guys from the 2013 draft as well.  They will have plenty of young talent to work with right off the bat if they draft well.  What they need from the expansion draft is proven guys who can fill the starting roles, even if it's just for a couple years.

So our line gets credit for Chad Simpson's play but Labatte gets crapped on for two 130 yard games by Sheets...  I see.

Sask has the best line in the league right now.  We are battling to get to mediocre.

Who is talking about two games this year?

Saskatchewan's offensive line ranked below ours last year when everything was all said and done.

What is the likelyhood of Tate being traded this year? Would the Bombers have any interest?

If Pierce disappoints and our back-ups don't show themselves capable of starting I could see the Bombers moving on Tate.

Thing is he will only be available if he ends up missing most of the season due to injury (at which point I could see Calgary deciding to go with Glenn/Mitchell for next year)

At which point we'd be looking at acquiring another QB who can't seem to stay healthy but looks good when he is healthy (like Pierce did before we acquired him)

I also don't see it happening until after the expansion draft since Ottawa taking on of their QB's is essentially better than what they could have gotten in trade for the QB (since taking the QB means they can protect an additional 2 NI's in their first round - a pretty good return on a guy you wanted to trade)

If the Bombers dumped Pierce in favour of going to another similarly oft-injured QB, there would be a lynch mob of epic proportions in teh City, and I'd likely be on board. No way is Mack that dumb...

There probably would be a revolt due to Pierce's apparent popularity and the general consensus in the city that Mack is an idiot and such but that doesn't mean it would be justified. Under the assumption that Tate and Buck are both equally injury prone, we are still no doubt better off with Tate as at this point in his career he is a far superior QB.

and that's really what it boils down to. Tate hasn't shown that much to say that he's THAT much of an improvement from Pierce. He's really only younger, and equally injury prone. It's a sideways move, at best, and makes no sense for the WBB. 

and that's really what it boils down to. Tate hasn't shown that much to say that he's THAT much of an improvement from Pierce. He's really only younger, and equally injury prone. It's a sideways move, at best, and makes no sense for the WBB. 

well at think at this point in their careers that yes Tate is better than Pierce, but the big point is that neither one is able to stay healthy so let's look at better options because with either one you're still waiting for that more durable guy to step up.

Tate has looked REALLY GOOD when he plays uninjured... and it isn't even like he plays with the kind of recklessness that was getting Pierce hurt.

He just seems to be having a bunch of bad luck - No two injuries have been the same (shoulder and then a broken forearm - who breaks their forearm?) although this latest injury sounds like it could be related to the forearm injury so who knows.

If he was available at a reasonable price I would definitely take the shot on him being able to stay healthy...

BIG difference between 31 and 28 when you are talking elite level athletics

First of all we are talking about the CFL at a position where people can play pretty long.

Second of all, my point is, I don't know how Tate can he heralded as having his entire career ahead of him and Buck going out to pasture with the small  age discrepancy

Who is talking about two games this year?

Saskatchewan's offensive line ranked below ours last year when everything was all said and done.

Okay, you got me... Labatte was a CFL West All-star but our line was better - even though Sheets had over 1200 yards - than Sask's last year so its a bad signing.  Okay.

I'm not arguing that Sask's line was good last year... just saying, that Labatte was still good even if not his best.  I mean Sask was breaking in a new NI tackle... that's growing pains. 

Why say the Labatte signing was not working out - when a. they were under the cap, b. they haven't cut any OL and c. they are doing great this year

I guess the funny part is that somehow Labatte was going to Sask no matter what but Taman still overpaid for him... and somehow stayed under the cap.  Weird how that works... You would have thought Taman could have save some $$ since Mack had no chance of re-signing Labatte...  that guy is an idiot.

Tate isn't exactly a spring chicken, he's only 3 years younger than Buck

How many concussions has each player had.....   that's the biggest factor in it all.    Burris is old as dirt but he's in much better physical health then Buck despite being old and playing more games.