A Look at Bombers RB/Receivers

Good timing, had the blog pretty much ready to post by bedtime last night, but didn't post it.  Then Edwards retired :wacko: ...truthfully it didn't change much, just took out a blurb about Edwards and where he might fit, didn't see him starting for the Bombers in 2014.

Anyways, part two of six taking a deeper look at the Bomber roster...RBs and receivers is up.

http://2ndand10.blogspot.ca/

Feel free to discuss.

A good read. i think you forgot to add Woods on that list. He's primarily a KR but he saw some action on the SB position last year.

Marcel loves small speed receivers and I think his role on the team this year will be expanded.

True, he could draw in for certain packages.

I'll talk more about him in special teams.

Thanks for the overview, but wasn't Robinson reported as 6'3"?

Yes he was. I did some internet digging and found some combine results from his pro day and a regional combine in 2010, they both measured him at a little under 6'2.

Same as Brescacin, he's been reported at a few different heights, I went by the combine measurement.

I'm really hoping Mike Sims-Walker comes back. Sims-Walker, Moore, Denmark, Watson, Kohlert is actually looking like a really good receiving corps.

I agree. Except Sims-Walker is sounding like 50-50 at best that he's actually in camp this year because of his knees. Some reports say his career may be over.

I remember hearing that MSW had 'played his last game' when he got hurt at the end of last year...

Good analysis - really too bad that Carter seems to have dropped off the radar.

I'm also wondering what has become of Brett Carter.

The odd thing about MSW is if it is so sure he cannot play, why is he still on the roster?  Seems strange.

Thanks for the overview, but wasn't Robinson reported as 6'3"?

Yes he was. I did some internet digging and found some combine results from his pro day and a regional combine in 2010, they both measured him at a little under 6'2.

Same as Brescacin, he's been reported at a few different heights, I went by the combine measurement.

I personally blame it on the cold weather- it makes all things male shrink.

I'm really hoping Mike Sims-Walker comes back. Sims-Walker, Moore, Denmark, Watson, Kohlert is actually looking like a really good receiving corps.

If MSW came back and managed to stay healthy, we would have the best receivers in the league.

I would agree with this. MSW was a beast in the one game he started last year.

Mike Sims-Walker just doesn't seem like a guy who is going to be here. I don't know what it is, it just seems like a weird situation altogether and with his health concerns and the fact that he seems like a completely strange dude (he reminds me of Joe Smith) I just don't see him back.