Collaros Released, Signs With Hamilton

Jpan85

Lawless just tweeted that Barker wanted our #2 overall pick for his rights.

Not even going to comment on how stupid he is because of bitterness, I'm just going to say that if that's what he wanted, that's an absolute mishandling of the situation.

By signing Willy first though he may see it as an opportunity to start. Burris could always be signed by Montreal as a backup. Isn't Marsh a FA as well?

I suppose maybe you could trick Willy into that if he was deaf, dumb and blind.

Anyone who is in touch with the CFL knows Burris is going to be our starter this year. You can pitch Willy on his role of being able to have a quicker path to a starting job than in other places, including Saskatchewan but you're not going to trick him into thinking he's being given a serious chance to take our starting job out of camp.

I think the assumption is that Willy would be willing to come here.  I get that you should want an opportunity to start, but if you make decent money, and are comfortable where you are, why would you leave?

Bomber Fan perspective:  Willy would be a fool to not want to come here and be the starter.

Riders Fan perspective:  Why would Willy want to leave the Riders... we just won the Cup, and he is a solid backup for Durant should anything happen.

It sucks that we didn't sign Collaros, but everyone has the ability to choose where they go once they are a FA.  Can't fault a guy for choosing a situation that he believes is best for him.

If the glass is half full take is that "We'll sign Henry and that will give us time to find and develop the next super-star QB" then that's being pretty presumptive. We haven't found and developed the next super start QB in 25 years and we're not likely about to start now no matter what kind of genius Danny Mac is supposed to be.  

And there's no reason to think we'll get Willy unless we pass on Hank.  

On the bright side Hank should be able to get us to at least 5 or 6 wins next year.  That's like double the wins. 

If we sign Burris, what's more important, signing Willy or signing Muamba?  Could be a big challenge to get both.

If they are mutually exclusive, I'd personally take Willy. Muamba is a beast and would be sorely missed, but we NEED an heir apparent to Hank if we have any hope for 2015 onward.

no loss and hardly a win for the Ti-cats,

Never was a fan of Zack, and I think in long run a situation of Burris for 1 to 2 and grooming Hall and another at moment unknown...could be Willy, could be a an unknown name to most, but one in works for while now who is brought in to develop.

we are at a different level now with recruiting/scouting/ and networking so really no big deal, you will see Hamilton basically having a middle of pack Q.B who is going to be going through growing pains and a learning curve still....bank on it

With Burris, you know what he is giving you, and you can actually format an offence based around things he is proven to do well, while the back-ups learn, and get reps to possibly in different packages and situ's to keep Hank fresh.

In the long run I see this as the better option for us, and also, truth be told gives us a better chance of winning now..as opposed to Zack C

How come?

Not suggesting every QB thinks the same, but we didn't lose out on Collaros from a lack of effort or lack of ability to offer a better role than other teams. We lost out on Collaros because our reputation as a franchise is in the shitter. I can't say I blame Collaros, I wouldn't have come here either if I was him. And I wouldn't come here if I was Drew Willy.

I'd take the safe bet and follow Khari to BC.

more like geography.

I honestly would not be surprised to see Burris have a better season statiscally than Collaros anyway, I just hate Burris that much I never want to see him wear a Bomber jersey. 

one of two reasons i'd love to see him as a Bomber ;)

The fact is teams have the challenge of dealing with the Cap and at the same time having the belief that they have another capable QB in their stable. Historically it is not a smart plan to believe your so called number 1 is playing 18 games. Hence it has become balancing the money and the need for a 1a and a 1b QB.

Surprise Surprise!  The bombers blow another chance to get a good young up and coming QB that has shown great promise.  We are a giant joke of a franchise still.  Yay, way to go with our 3 rookies running our team.

Miller sure has delivered...nothing at all that is...

I'm glad I cancelled my waste of money tickets on this loser franchise

hmmm, I thought Collaros coming here was supposed to be automatic ?

The fact that both Reilly and Collaros have both avoided signing with this team IMO speaks volumes. Essentially our only options now are Burris and Willy, especially considering Walters made it seem early on the bringing in an FA QB is the plan. I'm not thrilled about this and Walters & Co have a lot of work to do.

Surprise Surprise!  The bombers blow another chance to get a good young up and coming QB that has shown great promise.  We are a giant joke of a franchise still.  Yay, way to go with our 3 rookies running our team.

word is that Bombers and Ticats both put "starter" money out there for Collaros.  What more could the Bombers do?  Like other posters here, I think our reputation swayed him, not the $$$.

I honestly would not be surprised to see Burris have a better season statiscally than Collaros anyway, I just hate Burris that much I never want to see him wear a Bomber jersey. 

one of two reasons i'd love to see him as a Bomber ;)

Which one? That he might be better or you just want to watch me go crazy?

good don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

I love the experts (including some here) who went from guaranteeing ZC was our starter to Burris is our starter.  Some people are never wrong even when they're wrong.

But so what about this?  Mike claims Zach didnt sign here because of our reputation.  I find that dubious considering none of the people from the last few years are year anymore.  Sounds stupid to me.  The better answer is Hamilton valued him more than the Bombers.

Burris is a great QB so hopefully we land him.