Jeremy O'Day to be interviewed for Bombers GM

gbill2004

He's a died-in-the-green-wool Rider, through and through...he KNOWS he's going to be the GM there before too long....he has zero interest in coming to Winnipeg. And that's not the kind of guy I'd shell out big bucks for, to try and pry him away. Totally not worth it.

Speaking of Taman - and not trying to hijack the thread or speculate if Taman would come back, but did anyone see his comments about football essentially being his life and needing to re-evaluate things after the season, does anything think he may step back or take a reduced role in Sask or somewhere else next year? I kind of felt a bit bad for the guy, sounded like the game has really worn him out over the years.

I don't mind that they are interviewing him.  I'd rather see them interview 5-6 guys even if they don't wanna come here or even if they are set on letting Kyle be the GM.  At least they show they are willing to look for someone not just announce some guy has been hired without even doing some leg work.  To me as a fan it shows the club is changing their stance for once!  By interviewing more guys you learn what they want/expect at a position and learn what they like and don't like about the team.  From there you can change the negatives and actually have people wanting to come here for a change!

Speaking of Taman - and not trying to hijack the thread or speculate if Taman would come back, but did anyone see his comments about football essentially being his life and needing to re-evaluate things after the season, does anything think he may step back or take a reduced role in Sask or somewhere else next year? I kind of felt a bit bad for the guy, sounded like the game has really worn him out over the years.

Can you find the link?

was yesterday's FreeP...a re-hashing of a text convo with his BFF Lawless. I love Taman, but take one look at the guy and you can see that football life has been ROUGH on the guy...

I don't know, Taman may be tired, and may have had a 'rough rider',

but to me, he's attempted,

and always succeeded, in having the "dishevelled" look down pat.

From Gary Lawlesss article yesterday....http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/sometimes-even-nice-guys-finish-first-232621861.html

Taman isn't a hermit but football is certainly the focus of his life. The 46-year-old bachelor has never married and, in fact, when he started dating a Bombers cheerleading coach during his time in Winnipeg, members of the media were caught off guard.

Taman is social and likes to kibitz. His visits to the media bunker at Canad Inns Stadium were often long and filled with laughter.

He's a football nerd who was born in Saskatoon and took a job with the Riders in 1987 as an assistant in the personnel department. It's been a 26-year climb to the pinnacle of his business, including five trips and five losses in the Grey Cup.

Taman readily admits he needs to make some changes to his life but that can wait until after Sunday.

"My life is football. It's all football and this year has been worse than ever. I have not done much," he said. "I want to change that. I need to change that. Yup. But I'm not going to change until we win. The personal will take care of itself when it takes care of itself. But this has taken a lot of my life to do. That's OK. It's what I chose to do."

Sounds like he's a bit tired as the season is nearly a 6 month long  affair. That is a grind to be sure. I get the sense that a few weeks off after the Grey Cup he'll come back charged & ready to go. I also get the sense he's like any other older guy who'd like to settle down as he's getting  whicup in age which is understandable but I don't get a sense he's going thru some mid life crisis & wants to climb Mt Everest looking for different challenges. He's a football guy & will be until he's told he's no longer wanted by anyone.

Taman's likeable and I sort of wanted him back here (especially after last year and this year) -- but then he does stuff like get fleeced for Geroy and I remember why he's not in the same class as Wally or Huff. 

That all said, I guarantee you Wade has asked him multiple times about coming back here. Then the subject turns to money and the phone call ends....

Don't want O'Day or Taman.

Right because their track record is just so terrible...

Taman has a losing record as a GM and if reports are true has put the Riders in a pretty lousy place SMSwise. He's an average GM so yes given his mixed results, inability to build NI talent in Winnipeg, inability to find QBs, difficulties finding dbs among other spots, yeah I'd pass.