Jeremy O'Day to be interviewed for Bombers GM

gbill2004

Don't want O'Day or Taman.

Right because their track record is just so terrible...

Taman has a losing record as a GM and if reports are true has put the Riders in a pretty lousy place SMSwise. He's an average GM so yes given his mixed results, inability to build NI talent in Winnipeg, inability to find QBs, difficulties finding dbs among other spots, yeah I'd pass.

Landed Heenan, LaBatte, found Kory Sheets, and Drew Willy, and has been to the Grey Cup three of the last five years. No other GM can say that. Again, awful track record...

And as for the SMS, they basically had no choice, as there was so much pressure to win this year at home. In fact, if reports are to be believed, he was told to "do whatever it takes" and that they'd worry about any potential SMS cap penalties later...

I'm pretty sure teams lose their first round draft pick if they go over the SMS cap.

And as for the SMS, they basically had no choice, as there was so much pressure to win this year at home. In fact, if reports are to be believed, he was told to "do whatever it takes" and that they'd worry about any potential SMS cap penalties later...

I'm pretty sure teams lose their first round draft pick if they go over the SMS cap.

The penalties vary for how far over the cap they are.

Taman has a losing record as a GM and if reports are true has put the Riders in a pretty lousy place SMSwise. He's an average GM so yes given his mixed results, inability to build NI talent in Winnipeg, inability to find QBs, difficulties finding dbs among other spots, yeah I'd pass.

Landed Heenan, LaBatte, found Kory Sheets, and Drew Willy, and has been to the Grey Cup three of the last five years. No other GM can say that. Again, awful track record...

Had the first overall pick and took the best rated player, home town advantage, good points on Sheets, Willy is unproven. Wasn't running the show in 2009 and 2010.

Monetary Penalties:

$1 for each dollar a Club exceeds SEC (Salary Expenditure Cap) up to $100,000

$2 for each dollar a Club exceeds SEC between $100,000 and $300,000

$3 for each dollar a Club exceeds SEC over $300,000

Non-Monetary Penalties:

Forfeiture of next available first round draft pick for Clubs that exceed SEC over $100,000

Forfeiture of next available first and second round draft picks for Clubs that exceed SEC over $300,000

Had the first overall pick and took the best rated player, home town advantage, good points on Sheets, Willy is unproven. Wasn't running the show in 2009 and 2010.

That doesn't matter - You can't say he hasn't addressed NI talent because he obviously has with those two moves. How he goes about it is irrelevant. The bottom line is that it was addressed. Willy is not any less proven than Reilly was, and Willy has had more attempts and has looked better than Reilly has at any point in his career. Yes he may not have been running the show, but he certainly wasn't sitting with his thumb up his butt while collecting a cheque for the Riders. If he was doing such a bad job, he wouldn't have been promoted to GM, and the team has unarguably gotten better since he was promoted.

Willy has potential but would he be better than Collaros? Also, with our OL & the shape  it's in would Willy make it thru an entire season? Collaros can at least evade the rush, scramble, take off with the football & extend plays with his athleticism as well as (probably) run the zone read a lot better than Willy who looks to be a classic drop back passer from the pocket. Just haven't seen enough of Willy to know more about him.

was yesterday's FreeP...a re-hashing of a text convo with his BFF Lawless. I love Taman, but take one look at the guy and you can see that football life has been ROUGH on the guy...

I don't know, Taman may be tired, and may have had a 'rough rider',

but to me, he's attempted,

and always succeeded, in having the "dishevelled" look down pat.

Hey, it worked for Columbo for many years.

It will be interesting to see what the Riders look like next season, they clearly loaded up for the Cup this season and are reportedly over the cap by $400k.

Could be a very different team next season and who knows what the new cba will bring.

Taman IMO is a mediocre gm, who is loved by the Winnipeg media because he gives them the time of day.

It will be interesting to see what the Riders look like next season, they clearly loaded up for the Cup this season and are reportedly over the cap by $400k.

Could be a very different team next season and who knows what the new cba will bring.

Taman IMO is a mediocre gm, who is loved by the Winnipeg media because he gives them the time of day.

If this is accurate, the Riders will be paying approx $500,000 in fines and will lose their first and second round draft picks.