Jeremy O'Day to be interviewed for Bombers GM

gbill2004

From what I've seen of Willy, he reminds me of Ryan Dinwiddie which is scary if we are thinking of trying to sign him.

I think if you look at Willy's stats he did pretty well for limited playing time...having sad that Collaros for me first, but would like to have them both.

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/league/pdf/en/stats/2013/Saskatchewan_Offensive_Stats_W19_2013112921.pdf

It will be interesting to see what the Riders look like next season, they clearly loaded up for the Cup this season and are reportedly over the cap by $400k.

Could be a very different team next season and who knows what the new cba will bring.

Taman IMO is a mediocre gm, who is loved by the Winnipeg media because he gives them the time of day.

If this is accurate, the Riders will be paying approx $500,000 in fines and will lose their first and second round draft picks.

And yet if they win on Sunday, not one hill billy will say that it wasn't worth it.

It will be interesting to see what the Riders look like next season, they clearly loaded up for the Cup this season and are reportedly over the cap by $400k.

Could be a very different team next season and who knows what the new cba will bring.

Taman IMO is a mediocre gm, who is loved by the Winnipeg media because he gives them the time of day.

If this is accurate, the Riders will be paying approx $500,000 in fines and will lose their first and second round draft picks.
More than $500,000. If a team is $200,000 over the cap the fine is 2 x the amount over and if $300,000 it's x 3. The CFL website doesn't say if it goes to 4 x if it's over $400,000. If they are $400,000 over the fine would be over $1M plus the draft picks.

And yet if they win on Sunday, not one hill billy will say that it wasn't worth it.

Of course not. Every time they have gone over the cap they've come up with excuses. Can't see that changing.

Not a rumour simply people speaking about something they know nothing about. Not even a bad guess.

Rod Pederson is an idiot regarding other teams in the League but he does know the Riders. When he says the Riders are way over the cap then they are most likely over the cap.

word is O'Day said thanks but no thanks to an interview.

Because everyone in the league assumed Walters would get the interim tag removed.  How to kill a personnel search quickly.  No one is going to interview for a job that is filled.

The league assuming something doesn't mean it was true.

"Kyle will be holding interviews for coaching candidates next week,"  

Pretty easy assumption.