Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

More from Madani:

Arash Madani@ArashMadani1m

#CFL sources: Wade Miller tried to bring Chris Walby onto the #Bombers coaching staff when he took over as CEO. Got push back. No hire.

Shawn Churchill ‏@ShawnChurchill 2m

Blue bombers acting CEO Wade Miller says he has never tried to hire Chris Walby despite reports

whaaaaaaaaat?! the media jumping the gun and causing widespread panic? nooo way! never happens..

not too shocking really.. kinda why i figured it was best to wait for confirmation before automatically calling for millers head..

Not so fast. Miller isn't stupid. 

He probably called Walby to "discuss potential options with the football club" to which Walby said straight off, "forget that, I'm making 150K a year dropping off Viagara and I get a pension."

Arash gets wind of it, runs it thru the media, and to save face Miller says "I didn't offer him a job, we were just discussing things."

More from Madani:

#CFL sources: Wade Miller tried to bring Chris Walby onto the #Bombers coaching staff when he took over as CEO. Got push back. No hire.

Shawn Churchill @ShawnChurchill 2m

Blue bombers acting CEO Wade Miller says he has never tried to hire Chris Walby despite reports

What was Arash Madani jumping to conclusions?  The most credible  CFL insider was wrong?  

I guess Pigs do fly    :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

whaaaaaaaaat?! the media jumping the gun and causing widespread panic? nooo way! never happens..

not too shocking really.. kinda why i figured it was best to wait for confirmation before automatically calling for millers head..

He probably called Walby to "discuss potential options with the football club" to which Walby said straight off, "forget that, I'm making 150K a year dropping off Viagara and I get a pension."

Arash gets wind of it, runs it thru the media, and to save face Miller says "I didn't offer him a job, we were just discussing things."

This sounds like it's straight from the Arash Madani school of twitter spin.

My first reaction is that Khari's lack of HC experience would be a liability, but with good, experienced assistant coaches, it might be all that bad. Khari has banked a lot of goodwill here in the 'Peg and is both intelligent and presents himself well. So, maybe....

They 'seemed' to apply that logic when they hired Burke, Lapolice, Kelly, et. al.

More from Madani:

Shawn Churchill ‏@ShawnChurchill 2m

Wade Miller does an extended interview with an unpolished interviewer and at the 4:27 mark he denies "trying to hire Chris Walby."

He also goes into hiring the GM, evaluating players and coaches.

For example: Question….How different is this team going to look like on the field next year?

Answer….You won't recognize it, it will be a different team, different attitude…..

More here...

http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1038696#1038696

Interesting interview but a big red light went on for me when Miller said that he's in discussion with the Blue Bombers about the term "interim" being removed from his name as Bomber President & that the decision will be made in the next FEW MONTHS. Also that the Bombers had time to take things slow about choices. He also said a GM will be announced in the next 3-5 weeks which will take us to mid December. Need I remind Wade Miller that two teams now are actively looking for coaches, that being the Eskimos & RedBlacks. Soon to be joined by Montreal. With the expansion draft, how can he say there's time?? We've been slow to the gate before & I just hope the coach or GM we want isn't scooped up before us. And to all the Mack supporters he pointed everything at Joe Mack like most  of us have said all along. He even went so far as to say he hurt the football team & things needed to be rectified.

Interesting interview but a big red light went on for me when Miller said that he's in discussion with the Blue Bombers about the term "interim" being removed from his name as Bomber President & that the decision will be made in the next FEW MONTHS. 

The CEO position isn't a pressing long term need. 

Wade Miller can do what has to be done and he can do that 'interimly' or not.

Also that the Bombers had time to take things slow about choices. He also said a GM will be announced in the next 3-5 weeks which will take us to mid December. Need I remind Wade Miller that two teams now are actively looking for coaches, that being the Eskimos & RedBlacks. Soon to be joined by Montreal. With the expansion draft, how can he say there's time?? We've been slow to the gate before & I just hope the coach or GM we want isn't scooped up before us. 

As to the 3-5 week scenario Miller alluded to, I ask you, did he seem overly worried about the goings-on, or maybe that they have a time frame they are comfortable with?

Which might mean…arrangements/hand-shakes because of that exact time frame.

Curious, but on the  hand….still curious.

Interesting interview but a big red light went on for me when Miller said that he's in discussion with the Blue Bombers about the term "interim" being removed from his name as Bomber President & that the decision will be made in the next FEW MONTHS. 

The CEO position isn't a pressing long term need. 

Wade Miller can do what has to be done and he can do that 'interimly' or not.

Also that the Bombers had time to take things slow about choices. He also said a GM will be announced in the next 3-5 weeks which will take us to mid December. Need I remind Wade Miller that two teams now are actively looking for coaches, that being the Eskimos & RedBlacks. Soon to be joined by Montreal. With the expansion draft, how can he say there's time?? We've been slow to the gate before & I just hope the coach or GM we want isn't scooped up before us. 

As to the 3-5 week scenario Miller alluded to, I ask you, did he seem overly worried about the goings-on, or maybe that they have a time frame they are comfortable with?

Which might mean…arrangements/hand-shakes because of that exact time frame.

Curious, but on the  hand….still curious.

Yes, I did find that curious. Like you say.... maybe he's hired their GM already & wants to wait until after the GC. He sure didn't want to talk about the long term debt payments did he? He started to look agitated & annoyed with the questioning.

Wade Miller does an extended interview with an unpolished interviewer and at the 4:27 mark he denies "trying to hire Chris Walby."

Shawn Churchill is an unpolished interviewer? You realize he's been doing the sports for CTV Winnipeg since 2000 and has been their sports director since 2005. He isn't some rookie reporter.

Shawn Churchill is an unpolished interviewer? You realize he's been doing the sports for CTV Winnipeg since 2000 and has been their sports director since 2005. He isn't some rookie reporter.

I didn't know who it was., but it doesn't matter to me.

It sounded like a first take of an interview and came across as amateurish.

At one point, he didn't even listen to the answer before he asked virtually the same question.

Doing the sports and doing an interview are two different things and Mr Churchill didn't cut it…um…for me.

This sounds like it's straight from the Arash Madani school of twitter spin.

miiiiight be due to the fact that his order to "torches r us" needs to be cancelled and there is a cancellation fee on all orders of 100 torches or more..

At one point, he didn't even listen to the answer before he asked virtually the same question.

Doing the sports and doing an interview are two different things and Mr Churchill didn't cut it…um…for me.

Yeah but... amateur  or not some revealing things came out of that interview.

I didn't watch much but from what I saw it looked like it was the raw footage and not the edited version that would have aired.

The concerning thing about that interview is how Miller says they have lots of time... I'm not sure he does. There's 2 other teams looking for coaches and at least one other team looking for a qb (maybe another depending on what Hamilton is doing with Burris) Taking this long to decide makes it harder to get ahead in those regards especially when those other teams already have a GM in place. Little more urgency is needed from Miller here I think. 

The concerning thing about that interview is how Miller says they have lots of time... I'm not sure he does. There's 2 other teams looking for coaches and at least one other team looking for a qb (maybe another depending on what Hamilton is doing with Burris) Taking this long to decide makes it harder to get ahead in those regards especially when those other teams already have a GM in place. Little more urgency is needed from Miller here I think.

Khari Jones is already the head coach. That's why there's no rush. Just about timing now.