Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

The problem I have is there are two absolute neophytes currently responsible for a sports franchise that hopefully has hit the absolute low point possible. Is that some reason to be concerned? And you can attach a BoD that have not had what one might suggest is a stellar history in the people they have hired. Is that an additional reason for concern?

The problem I have is there are two absolute neophytes currently responsible for a sports franchise that hopefully has hit the absolute low point possible. Is that some reason to be concerned? And you can attach a BoD that have not had what one might suggest is a stellar history in the people they have hired. Is that an additional reason for concern?

Yes.

Plenty of people were questioning the management method used by the Buchko - Mack combination where the GM had, seemingly, total control and the CEO operated in the background. 

And they were right.

People wanted something different than that arrangement, and they're getting it.

Should we be watching every move? Yes.

But really, nothing's happened yet.

It's what's going to happen in the next little while that may light the fuse.

The question is, will the fuse be of the firecracker sort or the dynamite variety?

He would be a huge loss if Miller wants to mess into that area too.

Where did it say he was leaving? Nowhere.

Finished last in the league in 3 of 4 seasons (counting this season).

false.

Last in 2010

Tied for last in 2012.

Probably last this year.

There are no ties in the final standing because they have something called tiebreakers.

I know Bombers technically finished second last because they beat Hamilton in the season series.  Big Deal.  They still tied for last with 6 wins.  Last is last.  And the Bombers have had good practice at it in recent years.

And this is still Joe Mack's team as far as I'm concerned so the probable last place finish this season will be on him as well.

if the bombers were in last place they would have been drafting first overall last year, there's tiebreakers in place for a reason and last place is last place, and Hamilton was in last place last season not Winnipeg. Hell crazy as it is they might not even be in last place this year depending what happens in the final games! 

He would be a huge loss if Miller wants to mess into that area too.

Where did it say he was leaving? Nowhere.

Finished last in the league in 3 of 4 seasons (counting this season).

false.

Last in 2010

Tied for last in 2012.

Probably last this year.

There are no ties in the final standing because they have something called tiebreakers.

I know Bombers technically finished second last because they beat Hamilton in the season series.  Big Deal.  They still tied for last with 6 wins.  Last is last.  And the Bombers have had good practice at it in recent years.

And this is still Joe Mack's team as far as I'm concerned so the probable last place finish this season will be on him as well.

Last is last. Except when I'm trying to argue.

In that case, second last is also last.

if the bombers were in last place they would have been drafting first overall last year, there's tiebreakers in place for a reason and last place is last place, and Hamilton was in last place last season not Winnipeg. Hell crazy as it is they might not even be in last place this year depending what happens in the final games! 

Like I said if you want to be technical about it they finished second last only because of their record against Hamilton in head-to-head matchups.  But I'm not being technical.  Bombers tied the Ticats for last so both teams are last place teams as far as I'm concerned.

And as I stated previous, the Bombers will probably finish last this year.  I didn't say it was definitive. 

Anyway you slice it, this team was pathetic under previous management.  Hopefully under new management we can actually string together a few consecutive winning seasons - something we haven't seen since 2002-2003.

Like I said if you want to be technical about it they finished second last only because of their better record against Hamilton in head-to-head matchups.  But I'm not being technical.  Bombers tied the Ticats for last so both teams are last place teams as far as I'm concerned.

And as I stated previous, the Bombers will probably finish last this year.  I didn't say it was definitive. 

Anyway, you slice it, this team was pathetic under previous management.  Hopefully under new management we can actually string together a few consecutive winning seasons - something we haven't seen since 2002-2003.

no you're just being wrong. You want to argue about a team being pathetic do it with truth not with lies, there's lots of ways to do it truthfully, no need to try and make it sound worse than it actually is cause the way it is is bad enough. 

I don't have a problem with major decisions that clearly impact the future of the team and team finances being cleared through Miller. And I don't even mind Miller asking for a heads up on moves

The GM makes

I think what worries me is Miller being the defacto GM. I'm sure Mark Chipman is aware of moves Chevy makes but I bet Chevy doesn't have to check with Mark before he makes a trade.

Like I said if you want to be technical about it they finished second last only because of their better record against Hamilton in head-to-head matchups.  But I'm not being technical.  Bombers tied the Ticats for last so both teams are last place teams as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, you slice it, this team was pathetic under previous management.  Hopefully under new management we can actually string together a few consecutive winning seasons - something we haven't seen since 2002-2003.

no you're just being wrong. You want to argue about a team being pathetic do it with truth not with lies, there's lots of ways to do it truthfully, no need to try and make it sound worse than it actually is cause the way it is is bad enough. 

Gotcha. So during the 2012 season the Bombers compiled a 6-12 record to finish tied for last place overall with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats who also compiled a 6-12 record.  However, due to a technicality, that being the Bombers 2-1 record against Hamilton in head-to-head matchups, the Bombers ended up drafting second overall instead of first overall.

I don't have a problem with major decisions that clearly impact the future of the team and team finances being cleared through Miller. And I don't even mind Miller asking for a heads up on moves

The GM makes

I think what worries me is Miller being the defacto GM. I'm sure Mark Chipman is aware of moves Chevy makes but I bet Chevy doesn't have to check with Mark before he makes a trade.

Think again.

Ownership approval on trades is pretty much standard in ANY professional sport.

Gotcha. So during the 2012 season the Bombers compiled a 6-12 record to finish tied for last place overall with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats who also compiled a 6-12 record.  However, due to a technicality, that being the Bombers 2-1 record against Hamilton in head-to-head matchups, the Bombers ended up drafting second overall instead of first overall.

you think it's a technicality beating a team head to head and claiming to be better than that team? sounds like simple logic to me. 

Terrible comparison. Buono is a hall of fame coach and gm, Walters is acting GM of a failing organization. Miller would be irresponsible to give Walters the same freedom as Buono gets.

Missing the point, again. 

Miller is putting the message out there that he is a hands-on kind of guy. Potential GM's with winning ways can read the tea leaves and see the potential to lock horns.

That was Pentons point and I agree.  

No you're missing the truth...that you have a vendetta against Miller...it's splashed all over your posts

Nothing against Miller. I have BIG issues with how our club has been managed. I want him to be different. So far, it hasn't been. 

Quit trying to psychoanalyze people over the internet. 

Don't need to analyze you...your posts do it for themselves

The GM makes

Think again.

Ownership approval on trades is pretty much standard in ANY professional sport.

Has to be....there are many $$ involved

Terrible comparison. Buono is a hall of fame coach and gm, Walters is acting GM of a failing organization. Miller would be irresponsible to give Walters the same freedom as Buono gets.

Miller is putting the message out there that he is a hands-on kind of guy. Potential GM's with winning ways can read the tea leaves and see the potential to lock horns.

No you're missing the truth...that you have a vendetta against Miller...it's splashed all over your posts

Nothing against Miller. I have BIG issues with how our club has been managed. I want him to be different. So far, it hasn't been. 

And just how do you want him to be different? What has specifically  disappointed you so badly to date?

And just how do you want him to be different? What has specifically  disappointed you so badly to date?

I guess I was just hoping he would send a stronger message. I know the season isn't over yet and Burke's fate is basically sealed, but really, all he's done is hemmed and hawed on the GM vacancy, sent out letters raising our ticket prices, and given a job to his business associate. 

Don't get me wrong, theres still a lot of time. Just would prefer he did first things first, like hire a GM. Preferably a very good one!

I guess I was just hoping he would send a stronger message. I know the season isn't over yet and Burke's fate is basically sealed, but really, all he's done is hemmed and hawed on the GM vacancy, sent out letters raising our ticket prices, and given a job to his business associate. 

Don't get me wrong, theres still a lot of time. Just would prefer he did first things first, like hire a GM. Preferably a very good one!

Ok...so he was supposed to hire a GM before the season is over, when he can't talk or interview the people he might be interested in....people give jobs to business associates all the time, not just the bombers, especially if they are qualified. There you go again with the Pinnacle thing...get over it already!

Ok...so he was supposed to hire a GM before the season is over, when he can't talk or interview the people he might be interested in....people give jobs to business associates all the time, not just the bombers, especially if they are qualified. There you go again with the Pinnacle thing...get over it already!

Nah, if I smell a skunk I'm going to call it. Especially when I give the club 2 grand a year. Thanks for the suggestion though.