Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

How about Hunt being told by Dan Rambo an advisor to Ottawa that Mack was the best GM in the CFL. I know....where did you hear that? A prominent agent that represents a number of high profile CFL people.

But the fans and media say he's terrible so he must be

Gimme a break. Mack was a terrible GM.

His approach to free agency, trading with other teams, and handling the QB position we're all below average.

He also made poor coaching hirings and firings and last time I checked, had a losing record as commander.

Stats may be for losers but according to the stats, Mack is a loser.  

How about Hunt being told by Dan Rambo an advisor to Ottawa that Mack was the best GM in the CFL. I know....where did you hear that? A prominent agent that represents a number of high profile CFL people.

His approach to free agency, trading with other teams, and handling the QB position we're all below average.

He also made poor coaching hirings and firings and last time I checked, had a losing record as commander.

If you say so it must be true.  Because you're the expert.

Per a #CFL source: Rick Worman has virtually secured a player personnel/scouting job w/ the #Bombers. So much for GM input on that decision.

@ArashMadani unless kyle walters is hired as gm, as i suspect will unfold. worman has been sending player infor to #bombers since august

Great news here if true...

Also expect #Bombers to have Jeff Fisher involved in some football operations capacity with athletic training/strength + conditioning. #CFL

How is that great news?

As soon as Miller gets the big chair, he starts lining his pockets by farming out work to his side business (Elite). 

Is Pinnacle hiring the receptionist they just canned too?

I don't have a problem with Fish as an athletic trainer -- as a bodybuilding coach he was pretty laughable. I still remember him telling a kid to drink ".75 cups water, cause redheads retain more water. " Good Lord. 

What was our record under Joe Mack?

One Grey Cup appearance in 3 seasons... .333 Grey Cup appearance percentage.  Remarkable really, unmatched by any GM not named Popp

One Grey Cup appearance in 3 seasons... .333 Grey Cup appearance percentage.  Remarkable really, unmatched by any GM not named Popp

What was our record under Joe Mack? How would you describe the play of the QB position -- Excellent, Average, Below Average, Really Fricken Bad Considering He Promised to Fix it And Couldn't?

Oh, and in case I forgot: What was our record under Joe Mack?

Just thought this was worth mentioning ...

For all this talk about how bad our team is and if we're really right for assuming the staff is the issue, all that discussion as to whether the problem is the staff or the players ...

There are now three players on other rosters in the CFL who were originally on our negotiation list but refused to play for this franchise because of apprehension due to the current staff that is in place.

DE Eric Norwood on Hamilton, good rotational guy in his first CFL season. Very Kenny Mainor-esque.

WR Jeff Fuller on Calgary, I'm sure we'd love to have a 6'4" receiver going across the middle like this guy has so far

DE Aaron Maybin on Toronto, waited almost two years for this guy to show an interest in the CFL and then when he finally did, he said "sure, but not in Winnipeg" and now the former first round NFL pick is in Toronto

So where would these guys get the news about Winnipeg being so bad?  Most of the guys that come up readily admit they know nothing about the CFL or Canada until they get here.  Is some agent poisoning the well?  When they come to Canada, they pretty much are at the end of their professional ropes as their NFL dreams are either dead or on hold, and so it would be a case of Beggars can't be choosers, I would think.

For all this talk about how bad our team is and if we're really right for assuming the staff is the issue, all that discussion as to whether the problem is the staff or the players ...

There are now three players on other rosters in the CFL who were originally on our negotiation list but refused to play for this franchise because of apprehension due to the current staff that is in place.

DE Eric Norwood on Hamilton, good rotational guy in his first CFL season. Very Kenny Mainor-esque.

WR Jeff Fuller on Calgary, I'm sure we'd love to have a 6'4" receiver going across the middle like this guy has so far

DE Aaron Maybin on Toronto, waited almost two years for this guy to show an interest in the CFL and then when he finally did, he said "sure, but not in Winnipeg" and now the former first round NFL pick is in Toronto

So where would these guys get the news about Winnipeg being so bad?  Most of the guys that come up readily admit they know nothing about the CFL or Canada until they get here.  Is some agent poisoning the well?  When they come to Canada, they pretty much are at the end of their professional ropes as their NFL dreams are either dead or on hold, and so it would be a case of Beggars can't be choosers, I would think.

Players talk to each other.  Most guys coming up to the CFL know someone up here already

Part of it honestly could have nothing to do with the team itself.  Could just be the city.

If I had my choice of living in another city out of all the CFL cities, Winnipeg would be the 2nd last on my list.

Regina would be dead last.

What makes Edmonton a better city than Winnipeg if you're a football player? They are quite similar cities to my eye, just that Edmonton is bigger and has a bit more money kicking around from the oil patch but really that just means there's more douchebag rig pigs around and that's not a plus. 

Yet when you look at that season as a whole, it was a fluky Grey Cup appearance.  Start strong at 7-1.  Play horrible down the stretch going 3-7 never capable of winning two in a row....which leads to Bombers hosting Eastern Final, and not having to win two in a row to reach the Grey Cup game, with a middling 10-8 record against a Ticats teams overwhelmed by the cold.  Predictably, Bombers get their butts kicked by BC in the final. 

Joe Mack winning % something like .320.  

Finished last in the league in 3 of 4 seasons (counting this season).

Worst Canadian depth in the league his entire tenure.

Worst Qbs in the league his entire tenure.

That's the Joe Mack era for you.  Horrible in almost every way.

Players talk to each other.  Most guys coming up to the CFL know someone up here already

I thought our state of the art stadium with its state of the art training facilities and therapy rooms was supposed to change all that?

I thought our state of the art stadium with its state of the art training facilities and therapy rooms was supposed to change all that?

It probably would have if the organization hadn't turned into the biggest gong show the CFL has seen in a decade

Part of it honestly could have nothing to do with the team itself.  Could just be the city.

If I had my choice of living in another city out of all the CFL cities, Winnipeg would be the 2nd last on my list.

Regina would be dead last.

This isn't the NHL dude.  I would think renting an apartment here would be cheaper than several of those other cities which would make a big difference to virtually all the players as several would be on their first contract and are only making in the 60,000 - 80,000 range.  And what does Edmonton and Hamilton offer that Winnipeg doesn't.  I mean really. 

Player - hey man, I'm going to Edmonton over Winnipeg because they have that cool mall with the indoor amusement park and indoor waterslide park.  Winnipeg doesn't have that so that totally cinched it for me.  Hamilton was actually my second choice, because...well, um....because it's close to a large body of polluted water!