Arash Madani: Miller Trying to Force Rick Worman On Walters

Noeller

Spuds is right (...Dear God...) ....We have nothing to freak out about other than rumour and innuendo. Just settle down till we know some facts, likely in the new year.

... aren't you one of the people who usually overreacts more than anyone?

...since when?

Jesus christ, I totally thought you were Iso.

I doubt Dave Dickenson is going anywhere, due to being the Heir apparent in Calgary, his wife,

Why do people keep saying that. Hufnagel has given absolutely no indication that he's going to quit coaching anytime soon. And Dickenson has applied for at least one HC job in the recent past. If Dickenson wants to be a HC now then the only way for that to happen is to leave Calgary. 

Spuds is right (...Dear God...) ....We have nothing to freak out about other than rumour and innuendo. Just settle down till we know some facts, likely in the new year.

... aren't you one of the people who usually overreacts more than anyone?

...since when?

Jesus christ, I totally thought you were Iso.

Boom goes the dynamite,Mike.

I doubt Dave Dickenson is going anywhere, due to being the Heir apparent in Calgary, his wife,

Why do people keep saying that. Hufnagel has given absolutely no indication that he's going to quit coaching anytime soon. And Dickenson has applied for at least one HC job in the recent past. If Dickenson wants to be a HC now then the only way for that to happen is to leave Calgary. 

Dickenson also pulled out his name twice (Ham and Sask). I suppose it does depend on how long Huf wants to stay as HC, could see a similar situation to Milanovich and Trestman, If Dave doesn't want to wait around anymore then he'll leave just as Milo did to Toronto.

I do think they will retain Walters as GM and I think the team will be vastly improved as a result.

Improved based on what? Bet I can name as many errors on Walters part as you can name successes.

Let alone the errors we don't know about.

I wonder how many draft picks were only Mack's decision ?

Interesting name bandied about by Penton today, just for shits n giggles: Buono. Apparently there's been rumblings that just doing player peronnel stuff isn't cutting it for him anymore, and the pull of being on the sidelines is still there. Guys with an ego that big love a challenge and to say that they were the ones who fixed the mess. Not saying its probable, but that's certainly something worth making a phone call about...

Interesting name bandied about by Penton today, just for shits n giggles: Buono. Apparently there's been rumblings that just doing player peronnel stuff isn't cutting it for him anymore, and the pull of being on the sidelines is still there. Guys with an ego that big love a challenge and to say that they were the ones who fixed the mess. Not saying its probable, but that's certainly something worth making a phone call about...

There is NO WAY IN HELL (yeah, thats a lot of caps) that Wally would agree to work in this Gong Show.

A meddling board filled with business types with negligible football experience; a newly installed president who's already meddling in the football ops. 

We won't even bring up the Bombers low-end approach to paying people.

Wally would require HC, GM, full autonomy, a huge salary, and legally binding contracts saying that this is HIS team to run. 

No way Miller "The Special Teams Assassin" would sign on to that. 

Well I would have considered your use of bold caps for a previous development of a trade for a franchise QB, and yet, that occurred.

There is only one way for Wally to consider this position and that would be completely Wally's way. Despite the "Winnipeg Sun" reasoning of why he wouldn't come here, he would consider it if he wanted to.

There is not much evidence to support his wanting to.

The worry about the 'board' and the meddling etc. would not occur, IMO, if you had a strong man in position to make the calls he wants to.

Guys like Buono or Barker or Hufnagel would want complete control and they would be granted that if not by their demeanour alone.

Worman could be good - I guess if Walters is resisting it probably means we want him as OC?  I'm kind of 50/50 on this... part of me feels like Worman is the offensive version of Greg Marshall...

If we're bringing him in as a QB coach/scout - i'm all for it.

What does this even mean?

Worman has been Head Coach material for a long time now and continually passed over...

Worman could be good - I guess if Walters is resisting it probably means we want him as OC? I'm kind of 50/50 on this... part of me feels like Worman is the offensive version of Greg Marshall...

If we're bringing him in as a QB coach/scout - i'm all for it.

What does this even mean?

Worman has been Head Coach material for a long time now and continually passed over...

That's what they said about Marshall and Burke.... Look how that turned out...

I presume Miller has been told he's the permanent CEO if he wants it.

Well, if he has then the Bomber Board should make it public. Oh, I forgot.... the Bomber Board.....

The announcement of Miller as the Blue Bombers CEO will be leaked by a board member.  Other board members, feigning outrage, vow to remove said member from the board once he/she has been found out.

the jumping to conclusions in this thread and outrage that ensued is freaking hilarious..

this boards collective insanity has been on the rise as of late..

Well glad you're finding it funny.

It's not like this franchise has been an absolute gong show since 2009 or anything.

i find it hilarious actually. you mad bro?

this team has gone thru some struggles, no doubt. they keep trying to resolve it which is fine by me. its not like lapo or kelly or daley are still here.. ditto dinwiddie, lefors, randle or michna..

change is good, when the club sees failure they act on it.. I really dont know what else you want to see happen. I get you think there is some grand conspiracy at play with ex bombers players and coaches getting special consideration but its not like the coaches and gms are not without solid backrounds.. walters, if kept as gm, would be the first one without a glowing resume..

but then again, thats a new change isnt it?

Joe mack did not have a glowing resume as you put it.  He was out of football for ten years and out of the CFL for 25 years.

Just spoke to Lions GM Wally Buono. As for interest in #bombers GM job, "When I make a commitment, I honour it." Buono signed thru 2017 #cfl

That's just painful. Why even ask Lawless?

That's like Gary asking Gisele Bundchen to leave Tom Brady for him. "Sorry Gary, as much as I love bald, fat writers, I'm committed to Tom."

Just thought this was worth mentioning ...

For all this talk about how bad our team is and if we're really right for assuming the staff is the issue, all that discussion as to whether the problem is the staff or the players ...

There are now three players on other rosters in the CFL who were originally on our negotiation list but refused to play for this franchise because of apprehension due to the current staff that is in place.

DE Eric Norwood on Hamilton, good rotational guy in his first CFL season. Very Kenny Mainor-esque.

WR Jeff Fuller on Calgary, I'm sure we'd love to have a 6'4" receiver going across the middle like this guy has so far

DE Aaron Maybin on Toronto, waited almost two years for this guy to show an interest in the CFL and then when he finally did, he said "sure, but not in Winnipeg" and now the former first round NFL pick is in Toronto

For all this talk about how bad our team is and if we're really right for assuming the staff is the issue, all that discussion as to whether the problem is the staff or the players ...

There are now three players on other rosters in the CFL who were originally on our negotiation list but refused to play for this franchise because of apprehension due to the current staff that is in place.

DE Eric Norwood on Hamilton, good rotational guy in his first CFL season. Very Kenny Mainor-esque.

WR Jeff Fuller on Calgary, I'm sure we'd love to have a 6'4" receiver going across the middle like this guy has so far

DE Aaron Maybin on Toronto, waited almost two years for this guy to show an interest in the CFL and then when he finally did, he said "sure, but not in Winnipeg" and now the former first round NFL pick is in Toronto

thats interesting... i wanna know, if the Bombers released them from the neg list? or those teams traded for their rights?

Does Norwood really merit a mention as a worthy find?

He absolutely found some good talent while he was here, but his inability to plug holes on the OL & find/trade for a quality qb will define his legacy in Winnipeg.