Ricky Ray

Mark H.

Higgins hasn't been a GM in a decade, I'm not sure he would be my first choice.

I think it's closer to half a decade no?

Exactly, it's only been 5 years.  It's not like the whole football scene has changed much in 5 years.

...well, except for in Winnipeg.

Exactly, it's only been 5 years.  It's not like the whole football scene has changed much in 5 years.

...well, except for in Winnipeg.

As administrator: Edmonton Eskimos (GM) 2001-2004

As coach: Calgary Stampeders (HC) 2005-2007

Huff was hired in early December 2007. But being head of officiating for the CFL he's still close to football & can see what kind of game it is now compared to when he coached a few years ago. Had Tom gone into seclusion or retired your concerns may be valid but the guy is on top of everything going on in the CFL today.

It's not like Mack who wasn't around for a good long time,  just because someone has a few years away from the job doesn't mean he can't just come in and continue success.  

Kent Austin is doing "ok" in his first year back with a team coming off a really bad year.     

Perhaps the Bombers should be looking at an elephant for the Q.B. position?

They like being offered peanuts........

please pleaaaaaaaase tell me you career path doesnt involve stand up comedy..

To be honest people I know go on and on about my sense of humour.  It is second only to my crazy good looks.

Sometimes at parties it gets a little much, hearing how funny and handsome I am all night but I have gotten used to it after all these years.  

Perhaps the Bombers should be looking at an elephant for the Q.B. position?

They like being offered peanuts........

please pleaaaaaaaase tell me you career path doesnt involve stand up comedy..

To be honest people I know go on and on about my sense of humour.  It is second only to my crazy good looks.

Sometimes at parties it gets a little much, hearing how funny and handsome I am all night but I have gotten used to it after all these years.  

LOL...now that's funny.

I know everyone is going gaga over Collaros, but I'm hoping that Ottawa gets him and we can swing a deal with Montreal to get Marsh Madness.

Don't see Ray going anywhere, but Burris situation could be interesting. Calgary will most likely protect Bo Levi Mitchell, so I suppose to a degree Tate and Glenn could be available, neither of which I'm really high on, but given the choice I'd take Tate...................... if his arm is completely healed.

Marsh? The guy is all over the place & is as an erratic a passer as I've ever seen. My feeling is if we go after qbs like that then keep Goltz as Marsh isn't any better, probably worse. Guys like Marsh aren't qbs you build the future on. What's the point of trading for a backup qb at best when we need a legit starter? Also, let me get this straight, you'd want Marsh over Collaros, Glenn or Tate?

At what point does Troy Smith enter into the conversation?

Is he the guy Montreal ultimately protects? and should we have more than a passing interest in this guy?

He is interesting isn't he? I think his body of work in the CFL is too small to predict how he'll develop. He could be another Michael Bishop.

At what point does Troy Smith enter into the conversation?

Is he the guy Montreal ultimately protects? and should we have more than a passing interest in this guy?

He is interesting isn't he? I think his body of work in the CFL is too small to predict how he'll develop. He could be another Michael Bishop.

I thought Michael Bishop never really got his opportunity... the instant he started to look good TO brought in Kerry Joseph and gave him the job (and Kerry Joseph did really poorly that year)

That being said I wouldn't be shocked if Troy is who Montreal protects, neither of their other guys have looked good and Troy has more potential in a lot of ways (that bullet he threw for a TD was sick)

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see McPherson back in an Alouette uniform next year (once Calvillo retires from playing)

It'll be Drew Tate, he's worn out his welcome in Cowgary and his value is dropping like a stone.

I actually think Wpg would be a good fit for him. Get's to prove himself all over again against his now western rivals and a loose cannon/malcontent just like the guys Cal used to pick up back in his day.  

It'll be Drew Tate, he's worn out his welcome in Cowgary and his value is dropping like a stone.

I actually think Wpg would be a good fit for him. Get's to prove himself all over again against his now western rivals and a loose cannon/malcontent just like the guys Cal used to pick up back in his day.  

What do we trade for him?

What do we trade for him?

If Calgary protects BLM in the draft over Tate I wouldn't be shocked to see them trying to move him for a decent price since they've just signalled that they value him lower than BLM. 

Here is the interesting thing... if both Hamilton and Calgary leave their vets (Glenn, Tate, Burris) unprotected I could see Calgary not losing a single QB in the draft (Take Burris and a potential winner like Collaros/Willy)

Does Calgary protect Glenn and hope that Ottawa values Collaros over BLM?

I'm guessing the protected lists will be hard kept secrets...