Ricky Ray

Mark H.

Wildcard in this is the fact that if Ottawa takes a qb then they can't take a punter/kicker. So, with all the qbs available it means if they take one of Tate or Glenn they can't grab Maver. I could see them grabbing a player like Willy, Nichols or DeMarco or someone else from another team & then take Maver the best punter in the CFL. I know there are fans in Calgary who hope Tate is drafted as that means Maver stays & Tate is gone. If that occurs, don't expect the Stamps to trade Glenn as he'd help to groom Mitchell as the starter. As well as play a lot next year as well.

IMO:

Ottawa will spend their NI draft picks on starting or closest to starting: 2 Guards, 1 Center, 2 Receivers, 1 DT/DE, 1 other NI starter, probably a safety.  If there are 3 rotational DT/DE's available, they could take all of them to rotate over 2 spots.  They took a Guard in last years 1st round of the 2013 draft and a DE in the second round, so their backups should be OK as long as they can sign them.

For QB's, it's either Tate cuz they are guaranteed to get him or Colaros even know he is a free agent.  Both would make some sense, but would mean one less 'vet' in another spot.  They could also take Tate in the draft and make a good offer to Colaros / Glenn / Burris if they are still available in FA.  

There are a couple FA kickers available, so I don't see Ottawa using any draft picks on a kicker, even know they will get a lot of work in the first couple of years.

What's missing in this discussion is that Ottawa will at most draft 1 or 2 FA's and half the players being discussed are FAs

The RedBlacks are likely to take the top 8 NIs available regardless of position (for their NI starting positions)... in the 3rd round they will likely be after STers and backups

Their QB picks will not be free agents so we will see the likes of Nichols & Demarco or Smith picked if of course they don't end up as a Bomber ... most likely the Blue will trade for Tate or Nichols and go after another QB hard such as Collaros, Willy and or Glenn if and only if the BOD loosens the purse strings

Marsh? The guy is all over the place & is as an erratic a passer as I've ever seen. My feeling is if we go after qbs like that then keep Goltz as Marsh isn't any better, probably worse. Guys like Marsh aren't qbs you build the future on. What's the point of trading for a backup qb at best when we need a legit starter? Also, let me get this straight, you'd want Marsh over Collaros, Glenn or Tate?

I respectively disagree, Goltz looks like he's completely lost out there, and I'm not talking about Calvillo pre Montreal lost, I'm talking about the point where you have to wonder why Goltz is even playing football aside from his measureables.

Marsh IMO has a lot of potential, he is only 23 years old, is in his first CFL season, and has had to learn 2 different offensive systems in less than 3 months. Marsh's biggest issue seems to be his youth and that he tries to make big plays on each down as opposed to just running the offense, which IMO is easily correctable given the right coach and maturiy of Marsh.

I know everyone is going gaga over Collaros, but I'm hoping that Ottawa gets him and we can swing a deal with Montreal to get Marsh Madness.

Lol I hope you are joking !!

Not at all.

Would love an explanation for Marsh over Collaros as I don't see it.

Smith is intriguing but too small a sample size.

We also need to upgrade the QBs on our protected list as the ones mentioned most recently weren't too exciting.

See my reply to iso.

Now I'm not stating that I wouldn't want Collaros, or that I believe he's not good enough, far from it.

I am a little worried that Collaros will use his free agent status and go down South, which he stated he would like to do during the 2012-2013 off season. It also depends on the coaching staff we have here as well, if Burke and Co. stay, does anyone really think that Collaros will perform the way he does in Toronto ?

I know everyone is going gaga over Collaros, but I'm hoping that Ottawa gets him and we can swing a deal with Montreal to get Marsh Madness.

Lol I hope you are joking !!

I think he just wanted to say "Marsh Madness".

Nope, I'm more than well aware that his name is Tanner Marsh.

Collaros isn't going to command veteran starter money.

He's going to command starter money.

And to those who ask "why would we pay it", why wouldn't we? He absolutely deserves starter money. He'd be signing here to be our starter, no sense in pissing around and trying to play the nickel and dime game. Pay the man and get him here. We can't afford not to.

IIRC didn't you once say that both Brink and Elliot had contracts that maxed out for more than what Reilly's contract maxes out for? If that's the case there doesn't really seem to be reason to believe the Bombers wouldn't pay him starter's money - would it be more a case of negotiating how much of it would be base and how much would be incentives?

Id like John Murphy as GM

Walters as Assistant GM

Dave **** as HC

Callaros or Demarco as QB

And we really need to bolster this O-line. It looks like they're really trying to improve it, which is all I can really ask for as a fan.

Some Db's wouldn't hurt either, which is where mr. John Murphy would come in. He is the guy who found Hefney after all. 

Some Db's wouldn't hurt either, which is where mr. John Murphy would come in. He is the guy who found Hefney after all. 

I don't think we lack talent at DB. They've played some damned good games this season, they've also played some damned poor ones, but to me when you have such a wide range of their level of play it comes down to coaching failing to put them in positions to succeed each and every week.