Ricky Ray

Mark H.

If by some miracle Toronto decided to protect Collaros instead of Ray...

In my opinion, that would be the best possible scenario for the Bombers. A younger QB like Collaros probably wouldn't adjust very well to a subpar OL. Ray could run an offence similar to the one they wanted Pierce to run this year.

If they can add / retain some talent on D and have a half-decent running game, this team could be .500 with Ray's ball-control quick release offence.

But I dare say it's not going to happen. I think RR will take the Argos into the playoffs with some good momentum (they play us twice, the Als once) and a first place berth. That should translate into a GC appearance.

Calgary should come out of the West. While they have an enviable QB situation overall, I think RR is a better starter than any their three. If it's Ray vs. Glenn or Mitchell, I think the Argos will win another championship.

RR in Winnipeg...that's almost impossible...

Just my 0.02

A young QB is certainly desirable. If ray becMe available is jump all over that. Wouldn't mind Burris or Glenn to bridge the gap to the future QB also

i agree.. a young proven QB is desirable. Since none are available, we are left with 2 choices.. go hard after a vet QB like ray (if available) Glenn or Burris.. or go with a young but unproven like Collaros or any of the other backups..

same boat as seasons past... this kick of the can i really hope we go for a 3-5 season gate keeper and eithrler trade or FA the next one.. we can ill afford another clown show offense next season..

If you have a chance to get Ricky Ray, you do it...period. He's the best in the league, bar none. Need to have an OL to protect him, but without question, if he's available, you go after him. You pay him any amount of money...it doesn't even matter. Can you imagine if we could get Dave **** to come coach, and Frito behind centre?? We'd kill teams....kill 'em.

A young QB is certainly desirable. If ray becMe available is jump all over that. Wouldn't mind Burris or Glenn to bridge the gap to the future QB also

i agree.. a young proven QB is desirable. Since none are available, we are left with 2 choices.. go hard after a vet QB like ray (if available) Glenn or Burris.. or go with a young but unproven like Collaros or any of the other backups..

same boat as seasons past... this kick of the can i really hope we go for a 3-5 season gate keeper and eithrler trade or FA the next one.. we can ill afford another clown show offense next season..

Precisely. This team will be in deep trouble if the O is still this bad next year. Both in the seats and on the field.

If we can get a very competent O line coach...we will likely be improved.

It will help but we need a competent QB too. We have at best a competent backup in Hall.

I didn't think I needed to say that...goes without saying

Competent players on the OL line too. Shannon Boatman, need I say more?

If we can get a very competent O line coach...we will likely be improved.

It will help but we need a competent QB too. We have at best a competent backup in Hall.

I didn't think I needed to say that...goes without saying

Competent players on the OL line too. Shannon Boatman, need I say more?

Precisely. Not that it wasn't obvious, but even people who aren't Bomber fan were wondering why he was starting for us.

Ray is 4-4 this season while Collaros is 5-2, not to mention Ricky Ray turns 35 next season and has faced injury issues the last couple of years and the Argos have more of a debate then one might think.

Ray might be a better fit for the Argos, but Collaros is a better fit for the Bombers IMO.

Collaros, Z TOR 183 276 66.3 2,251 56 13 4.7 6 2.2 98.0 Ray, R TOR 148 189 78.3 1,824 73 15 7.9 0 0.0 134.0

yeah... Collaros is better than Ray.  :rolleyes:

that statline from Ray is ********. 15 tds and no interceptions, damned near 80% completions...