Ricky Ray

Mark H.

I know this is a completely hypothetical situation but the reason I wouldn't want Burris is because it would go a long way in keeping Collaros away from here. Not saying that Burris isn't a great QB. We all know that he is. But I don't even think he is measurably better than Collaros at this point and no matter how good he is, a short-term Band-Aid solution really doesn't help us much. Especially when our number one priority should be getting Collaros to sign a long-term deal in Winnipeg.

The thing I like about Burris is that he has had success under several different systems over a period of many years.  Collaros looks great, but he has only played in one system on a pretty good team with some great coaching.  Could be a dramatic fall-off if Collaros comes here, which is less likely with Burris.

I'd rather bring in Tate and Burris if we are gonna spend on two... Burris -> age makes him a touch cheaper, Tate ->injury history makes him a touch cheaper... maybe affordable to bring two guys in... Burris as backup in case Tate gets hurt.  Both guys are pretty veteran and therefore hopefully be able to transition into a new system more easily.

If we signed Tate and Burris we'd need to raise the ceiling of the dressing room by 3 feet so both their heads could fit.

I know that Burris doesn't respect Tate. He said as much that he doesn't believe Tate is better than him. So, that's why Huff traded Hank to Hamilton. He knew Hank wouldn't stand for backing up Tate. As far as Tate goes, he's looney tunes. A complete nutcase. As far as a qb goes, he is a skilled player & if he stayed healthy he'd be a great pick up & we'd be much, much improved with him as the starting qb. But I think after a year or two of him yelling & spazzing on his teammates on the field his act would get old fast. With players, fans & coaches. It all depends what the team thinks they want. He's probably the best veteran qb out there that may be available. I think Glenn is gone to Ottawa the day of the expansion draft.

Maybe I just haven't watched enough, but what the hell has Collaros done to get all this hype from people?? I really haven't been that impressed, and haven't seen anything to suggest that he can perform outside of this taylor-made offense that Milanovich has. 

I like the idea of Burris and collaros. We need some stability while developing the future.

How do we pay both these guys? We have a salary cap. Think Hank will come here to sit on the bench the last couple of years of his career or that Collaros will sign to play here behind Hank? We may get one but not both.

I like the idea of Burris and collaros. We need some stability while developing the future.

yeah. But we should also get Lulay as insurance in case Hank gets hurt and Collaros doesn't pan out. ;)

that should buy us enough time for our clone of joe montana to grow to maturity..

yeah. But we should also get Lulay as insurance in case Hank gets hurt and Collaros doesn't pan out. ;)

that should buy us enough time for our clone of joe montana to grow to maturity..

We need some pizzazz to spice up the qb position. I say we clone Joe Namath.

How could we even consider taking a near 40 year old Burris over Collaros?

Gonna be interesting to see how things shake out. Too bad the CFL is giving the RedBlacks the chance to grab the best young qb available & yet here we are. Feel like we're the team being punished. Our fans didn't completely abandon the Bombers twice just to get rewarded a third time.