Ricky Ray

Mark H.

I'd take Collaros or Demarco over Burris.  Yeah yeah he's "awesome" and "gives us the best chance to win right now" but I just can't stand that whining jerk.  It was like when the Bombers signed Roy Dewalt in the twilight of his career.  It was hard for me to cheer for the Bombers seeing someone I couldn't stand while he was in BC now donning a Winnipeg uni.  Same would go with Burris.  I guess winning games again on a regular basis would soothe the pain....but still...

....and I'd take Burris WAY ahead of Collaros or Demarco, honestly. I don't trust either of those kids in a system outside  the one they're currently in. Even if Hank is a short term fix while we train someone else, so be it. At least we know he can get it done in any situation.

The Bombers' top 3 QB targets this off-season will be:

1. Collaros

2. Burris

3. DeMarco

That's straight from the horse's mouth this weekend.

Who is the "horse's mouth"?

DeMarco? If he's in our Top 3 then bring back Goltz because DeMarco isn't that good at all. .

Would you rate Goltz higher than DeMarco?  I wouldn't.  When you think about it, DeMarco makes sense as a third option.  The team is reluctant to take a risk on Tate (injuries), and there is little interest in bringing back Kevin Glenn (debate amongst yourselves on that one).  Bo Levi Mitchell is apparently not on the market in any way, shape, or form.  Really, that leaves DeMarco and Drew Willy as realistic options, and obviously someone thinks DeMarco has a higher ceiling.

....and I'd take Burris WAY ahead of Collaros or Demarco, honestly. I don't trust either of those kids in a system outside  the one they're currently in. Even if Hank is a short term fix while we train someone else, so be it. At least we know he can get it done in any situation.

Burris sympathizer. No dumb ass qbs please. 

Funny that after all these years of poor QBing, we can still be too picky to accept the guy with the most passing yards in the league, an MOP award, a Grey Cup, a Grey Cup MVP, and a winning record :)

I know this is a completely hypothetical situation but the reason I wouldn't want Burris is because it would go a long way in keeping Collaros away from here. Not saying that Burris isn't a great QB. We all know that he is. But I don't even think he is measurably better than Collaros at this point and no matter how good he is, a short-term Band-Aid solution really doesn't help us much. Especially when our number one priority should be getting Collaros to sign a long-term deal in Winnipeg.

I know this is a completely hypothetical situation but the reason I wouldn't want Burris is because it would go a long way in keeping Collaros away from here. Not saying that Burris isn't a great QB. We all know that he is. But I don't even think he is measurably better than Collaros at this point and no matter how good he is, a short-term Band-Aid solution really doesn't help us much. Especially when our number one priority should be getting Collaros to sign a long-term deal in Winnipeg.

The thing I like about Burris is that he has had success under several different systems over a period of many years.  Collaros looks great, but he has only played in one system on a pretty good team with some great coaching.  Could be a dramatic fall-off if Collaros comes here, which is less likely with Burris.

That's completely fair but no matter how good Burris could potentially be next year, where does that upside end? Collaros could end up being garbage but I think most of us have liked what we've seen out of him. I think it's a calculated risk we have to take after missing out on Reilly. Collaros' long-term value is far higher and two years of good Burris isn't worth potentially 10 years of good Collaros. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the only way I would want Burris is in the situation where Burris ends up being good for a few years and Collaros ends up a total bust. If both end up good, or both end up crappy, I take Collaros in either situation and since there is no true way to gauge this, I see it as a move we have to make.

The thing I like about Burris is that he has had success under several different systems over a period of many years.  Collaros looks great, but he has only played in one system on a pretty good team with some great coaching.  Could be a dramatic fall-off if Collaros comes here, which is less likely with Burris.

I'd rather bring in Tate and Burris if we are gonna spend on two... Burris -> age makes him a touch cheaper, Tate ->injury history makes him a touch cheaper... maybe affordable to bring two guys in... Burris as backup in case Tate gets hurt.  Both guys are pretty veteran and therefore hopefully be able to transition into a new system more easily.

I'd rather bring in Tate and Burris if we are gonna spend on two... Burris -> age makes him a touch cheaper, Tate ->injury history makes him a touch cheaper... maybe affordable to bring two guys in... Burris as backup in case Tate gets hurt.  Both guys are pretty veteran and therefore hopefully be able to transition into a new system more easily.

It's a big risk going with Tate especially given the heated exchanges he has been known to have. I think it's best to avoid him now.

Funny that after all these years of poor QBing, we can still be too picky to accept the guy with the most passing yards in the league, an MOP award, a Grey Cup, a Grey Cup MVP, and a winning record :)

Burris is no different than Kevin Glenn with the exception that one year he won a Grey Cup (which Glenn might have been able to do in 07 had he not gotten injured) Oh sure Burris might put up more yards in the summer time but he is the ultimate fair weather qb. Once things get tough he is useless. He is not a winner at all and he's all smiles when the team is doing good but if they aren't he's a prick with a bad attitude. Lot of real good teams in Calgary didn't get as far as they could in the playoffs because Burris isn't a winner. You think the riders and durant were really THAT good they got into the Grey Cup all the time? Hufnagel knew what he was doing when he ditched Burris. 

That's completely fair but no matter how good Burris could potentially be next year, where does that upside end? Collaros could end up being garbage but I think most of us have liked what we've seen out of him. I think it's a calculated risk we have to take after missing out on Reilly. Collaros' long-term value is far higher and two years of good Burris isn't worth potentially 10 years of good Collaros. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the only way I would want Burris is in the situation where Burris ends up being good for a few years and Collaros ends up a total bust. If both end up good, or both end up crappy, I take Collaros in either situation and since there is no true way to gauge this, I see it as a move we have to make.

The risk with Collaros at this point is far less than what it would have been with Reilly last off-season.  I think you have got a good enough sampling to see how he works, and his ability under pressure.  I am not surprised at all that he is our #1 target, if indeed the list that Atomic provided was in order of preference.

I certainly do hope that we open the bank for Collaros. As a fan, I'd be pretty upset if I hear our new GM say that Collaros was too expensive for us to go after him. I want us to be financially responsible but in this case the Bombers are going to have to spend $$ to make $$. We better not be outbid by Ottawa or any other team.

Opportunities like we had with Reilly last season come around once in a blue moon. To have a situation again this year with a guy like Collaros is even more rare. Especially since no other team has a glaring need at QB. As frustrating as it was to lose Reilly last season (despite the questionable circumstances surrounding it), it would be even worse to miss out on Collaros this offseason.

The Bombers' top 3 QB targets this off-season will be:

1. Collaros

2. Burris

3. DeMarco

That's straight from the horse's mouth this weekend.

Who is the "horse's mouth"?

DeMarco? If he's in our Top 3 then bring back Goltz because DeMarco isn't that good at all. .

Would you rate Goltz higher than DeMarco?  I wouldn't.  When you think about it, DeMarco makes sense as a third option.  The team is reluctant to take a risk on Tate (injuries), and there is little interest in bringing back Kevin Glenn (debate amongst yourselves on that one).  Bo Levi Mitchell is apparently not on the market in any way, shape, or form.  Really, that leaves DeMarco and Drew Willy as realistic options, and obviously someone thinks DeMarco has a higher ceiling.

I'm with you on Goltz.I just said that to make a point. I'll be very happy the day I read that Goltz is released. I think Hall is a better qb than DeMarco. Signing him wouldn't make us better but certainly would make the #2 position very competitive between Hall & DeMarco. But DeMarco as our long term starter? Just can't see it.